How do you envision your wedding? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

How do you envision your wedding?

But seriously if I ever had to get married for the reasons I've mentioned in other threads (illegal immigrant green card, gold digging), I would just get a justice to marry us and have two witnesses. I'm not down with anything else.

But seriously if I ever had to get married for the reasons I've mentioned in other threads (illegal immigrant green card, gold digging), I would just get a justice to marry us and have two witnesses. I'm not down with anything else.

Aah thats admirable I guess, but illegal and do you know that they follow up on marriages; you can't just suddenly divorce or live like you don't know each other i.e. apart.

...I already had mine, hard to envision anything else. Sure I had my ideas like anyone else, but the reality wedding is now all I think about. Small, backyard wedding overseen by a judge, lost wedding ring in the grass, and the impossible champagne bottle that took 4 men to open. It was as perfect as it could have been, and the end result is still the same!

Aah thats admirable I guess, but illegal and do you know that they follow up on marriages; you can't just suddenly divorce or live like you don't know each other i.e. apart.

I'd plan it out. There are plenty of people who do it and methods to get away with it.

I agree with the justice route. Why spend money on the wedding when you can spend that same money on a better honeymoon of adventure or perhaps something like a new car.

Yeah, essentially yes.

I could be spending one or two grand on one of those survivalist hikes.

Last edited:
It'd be thrilling to get married while skydiving. It'd have to be a very short ceremony though.

I wonder if there are rules around having to be in a certain vicinity of each other while getting married, or if it's up to the officiator.

^^^^

hey, that's an awesome idea

It'd be thrilling to get married while skydiving. It'd have to be a very short ceremony though.

I wonder if there are rules around having to be in a certain vicinity of each other while getting married, or if it's up to the officiator.

Sounds spontaneous and great. Imagine the feelings of euphoria and the adrenaline rush, that will always be associated with the wedding :D

When I was planning on getting married a few years ago, I remember being very bored by the whole ordeal. Looking at dresses and picking out shit for the ceremony and party was as boring as homework.

I don't like big events and ordeals. And I hate the idea of spending a lot of money on a one day ceremony. I'll probably never get married, actually. But who knows? If I were to get married, I'd want it to be as casual and simple and natural as possible. As fun and loose as possible.

It would be outdoors, a secular ceremony, and nobody has to dress up. I would learn to sew and make my own comfy dress. The day before, I want to spend cooking with my friends and family making huge amounts of food for guests.