"How do i seem?" FOR EVERYONE | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

"How do i seem?" FOR EVERYONE

:D But seriously, you seem to have a strong personality on occasion. Do you think you're someone who resists backing down to make a point? I think INFPs have a passionate streak, so when someone challenges our personal feelings or beliefs, we go into fight mode i believe. Other INFPs can confirm or deny this. Just a guess.

Yea thats me. I also tend to regret what I said later on.

Does my story seem unbelievable? People don't seem to believe me when I say all that I've been through (and this forum doesn't know the half of it yet!)

*puts herself on the chopping board (kidding! lol)

I've been told quite a number of times that I'm quite scary, does that come across on the forums? I find it quite...concerning, I mean, I get on well with people but....apparently theres some scary part in me that people see and I want to kinda know what is it that I do that makes me appear this way but I usually get "I don't know" as a response. I don't really pride myself on my intelligence, I like that I am intelligent but what matters more to me is that the people that I'm friends with at least find me to be an open, supporting and warm person. I came to the realization that I'm not so open a while ago and I've been trying to work on that, people see me as very caring and supportive apparently, but no warm...so...I'm not really sure how I'm seen so much, anyone here have any idea/opinion of me in this regard? and any reason as to why this seems to be the case?

[MENTION=2308]DimensionX[/MENTION]

I think I can see why other people might feel uneasy around you... although it says more about them than it does about you personally.

As I've mentioned to you before, you're very perceptive and have a keen awareness of other people's motivations and behaviors. Most people wear masks for a reason, so it makes sense that they might feel uncomfortable in the presence of someone who can see right through that cover; especially if this is a person they don't know very well. It makes them feel vulnerable and exposed and it's only natural that they might have suspicions about your intentions. You're also very intense and come across as very sure of your convictions, which only adds to the intimidating factor. Especially since sometimes the way you piece together information is either crazy accurate or almost offensively presumptive.

I know you to be a very warm and caring person, and you and I have opened up on a lot of issues. But on the boards and possibly in real life, you're really not that much of an open book; people don't know what to make of you! lol. Paired with the above, maybe that's what make you 'scary.'

For the most part I get the impression that I am well liked here. I know that I am not liked by everyone, but that's standard for pretty much anyone I would assume. But if anyone want's to give their impression (good or bad) go for it. It's likely I haven't already heard it somewhere before anyway!

I'm pretty sure I'm well enough liked on the forums, but I feel as if I might come off as unapproachable at times, especially to people who I might not be especially "close" with. If anyone could offer any insight on my potential drawbacks and negative aspects on the forum I'd greatly appreciate it.

Reactions: Kgal
@DimensionX I get a sense of Te with a 'learned' Fe. I think you understand ettiquete and take great pride in your relational/interpersonal skills, much as I do. I don't believe you have/cater to those skills simply as an end, I believe they are a means to other ends, which isn't a bad thing.

I think you may intimidate others for the same reasons most NTJs do. I don't have a lot of interaction with you, but this is based off what experience I do have. Perhaps you adjust into a more Te mode when you interact with me, but I think it would be quite a bit weaker if that were the case.

I get a lot of enjoyment brainstorming with you. You have a handful of niches that you know quite a bit about and you are one of the best analyzers I have talked to. Not only that, you put your analysis to good use, which is something I admire.

Now that I've given a few honest opinions here, I'm a little nervous about what people have to say about me. lol.

I'm curious to know about what sort of impression I give people? Am I approachable or am I aloof? Am I hard to read? Based on what you have seen of me, what sort of career to you see me excelling in?

I'm pretty sure I'm well enough liked on the forums, but I feel as if I might come off as unapproachable at times, especially to people who I might not be especially "close" with. If anyone could offer any insight on my potential drawbacks and negative aspects on the forum I'd greatly appreciate it.

Honestly, I find you to be one of the most approachable people on the forums, but then again I am biased since we have formed a repertoire. I find you intelligent, open, imaginative, and easy-going.

I get a strong Fe vibe from you. Introverted intuition is hard for me to detect at times, but that fits WAY better than Si, and I KNOW you have dominant Fe, so that has got to put you in the judging class.

I get the sense that you allow yourself to be manipulated, even though you can usually spot it quite easily. I think you want a harminous world, not necessarily in any overly-idealistic sense, but rather in a down-to-earth-do-what-you-can sense.

You are strong in areas I am not, and I find that very enlightening when we share information.

Honestly, I find you to be one of the most approachable people on the forums, but then again I am biased since we have formed a repertoire. I find you intelligent, open, imaginative, and easy-going.

I get a strong Fe vibe from you. Introverted intuition is hard for me to detect at times, but that fits WAY better than Si, and I KNOW you have dominant Fe, so that has got to put you in the judging class.

I get the sense that you allow yourself to be manipulated, even though you can usually spot it quite easily. I think you want a harminous world, not necessarily in any overly-idealistic sense, but rather in a down-to-earth-do-what-you-can sense.

You are strong in areas I am not, and I find that very enlightening when we share information.

These are pretty much my thoughts as well. Not once have I ever seen you as unapprocable, cold, or hard to talk to. You are quite understanding of others and I can not think of a single episode where you put off an air of ill in any way.

I also agree on the Fe thing. For a while I have thought of that as your dominant function, and I definitely see it at the forefront. Your Ni is there, but it is very internal for you. As it is likely not your dominat process you don't feel as strong of an urge to externalize it and show it. It's there, you just don't have a need to put it out there as much. I don't sense Si in you at all and I suspect that to likely be your lowest function. Doing mod stuff definintely backs this up as well.

Now that I've given a few honest opinions here, I'm a little nervous about what people have to say about me. lol.

I'm curious to know about what sort of impression I give people? Am I approachable or am I aloof? Am I hard to read? Based on what you have seen of me, what sort of career to you see me excelling in?
*Feeling weird trying to give an opinion on someone :m169:*

I thought from when I first came to this forum that you seemed very approachable and that you'd help people out if they were in trouble. You don't seem hard to read, but then, I don't know you in RL so it's difficult to say ^^"
I'd think you'd do well as a writer, poet, philosopher or actor - something creative and free! Maybe even a teacher, to pass on enthusiasm?

I always feel like I come off as very serious on here. Is that the case? :eek:

Last edited:
Haha, this thread brings me back to when I was called an asshole on here and the same poster de-repped Dove to tell her how horrible I was.

I'm not that bad am I guys?

If you are here [MENTION=2495]88chaz88[/MENTION] , who is running hell?!?

.....you are cool. You have to be with such an awesome GF.

Reactions: DoveAlexa
interesting topic...

Anita: strong, kind, and honest always. Your essence on this forum is beyond needed. You make us answer the hardest questions, think deeper, and feel stronger.

PoeticJustics...Intimidating maybe to some...you have a hard handed presence thats for sure...

Chaz - light hearted banter is what I expect from you and love it.

Indy - level headed, smarts

I could go on...perhaps i will later.

Reactions: Gaze
*Feeling weird trying to give an opinion on someone :m169:*

I thought from when I first came to this forum that you seemed very approachable and that you'd help people out if they were in trouble. You don't seem hard to read, but then, I don't know you in RL so it's difficult to say ^^"
I'd think you'd do well as a writer, poet, philosopher or actor - something creative and free! Maybe even a teacher, to pass on enthusiasm?

I always feel like I come off as very serious on here. Is that the case? :eek:

[MENTION=1410]laurie[/MENTION] I don't see you as serious as much as thoughtful. I can't say much beyond that.

SouloftheLaurel - you seem very genuine and generally positive :) Unfortunately I don't feel like I know many people on here very well.

It'd be fascinating to really know what those close to me truly think of me, what they value in me, what oddities they see in my that I don't see in myself. I'm oblivious to myself.

Oh i guess im supposed to say how I think i come off...

well I think I am annoying, and moderately crazy...easily ignored at times...

Reactions: DoveAlexa
I know i'm new, but how do I come across? Be as nice or harsh as you'd like.

I've figured it out

You're all just afraid of my avatar aren't you

hmmm...I cannot give a full-on depth analysis, so I'm going to say what I see to most people here.
@Anita; You seems very wise and thoughtful in your posts. They're also filled with warmth and gentleness, even at the most 'aggressive' (for lack of a better word in my head; honest you're far from it!) However, there are times when your posts have...feelings of fragility, either a disturbing thought, an ugly image, something that's quickly pushed to the background, out of your mind, in multiple ways, for reasons unknown.
Your way of seeing the world sounds very innocent, gentle and full of curiosity...childlike, I suppose?
@Poetic Justice; intimidating? Surely not. :| ........ slightly hedgehog-like, I would say, but you're very approachable as much as I can see. It's an INFP thing, I think; I had that trait too. You can be fun and sunshine and it's also obvious to see
@DimensionX; ...to me you seems cool. Confident in your self (even when you're silent), and most of the time your words also looks that way. Perhaps that's the antithesis of warmness? >_< I don't think you're scary though.
@That Girl; no you shouldn't change, that's what makes you...you, no? Sides, I like you that way so far. (Also, so sorry that I haven't read your poetry so I can't comment; is it in your blog?)
@Odyne; not me, at the very least.
[MENTION=387]IndigoSensor[/MENTION]; .....You're a good man. :D looks pretty messy in several ways but you're a good man no less. But; hmm, for some reason, I get a vibe of...forcefulness from you. No idea why, just...saying. :|
[MENTION=1360]TheDaringHatTrick[/MENTION]; You seems funny and witty, As far as hard to read, you aren't, but I think you're full of layers; lots of hidden layers; of experiences, of insights, of hardships. so think of it as like opening a budding rose, or peeling an onion for a slightly more precise image.
For suitable careers; I would say something that requires interacting with people as a primary task, but not restrained either. Perhaps event organizers, or counselors, or interviewer?
[MENTION=1410]laurie[/MENTION]; you're more thoughtful rather than serious AFAIK, methinks.

okay; how about me? Be mean, be blunt, be nice, all fine; just say the truth and what you have in mind / what you'd seen from me :)

Last edited:
Cool thread =) How do I come across?

And [MENTION=3052]Teracat[/MENTION]: Strong & silent comes to mind. You're a sweetheart :)