"How do i seem?" FOR EVERYONE | INFJ Forum

"How do i seem?" FOR EVERYONE

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
FOR EVERYONE

A few people have mentioned this idea in other threads before. Point is to have a thread where members can ask for feedback or comments on a specific aspect such as personality, writing style, etc.?

I've always been curious about the idea that others can see things in us that we can't see in ourselves.

Please be kind to each other, however "honest" your response.

Hopefully, comments will be constructive and helpful

So, members feel free to post a question you would like answered, etc.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Once again another great idea.

I have been told before that I can be quite intimidating on this forum. This came as a surprise to me.

Does anyone else think this?

(Say nice things or I'll punch you)

I have been told before that I can be quite intimidating on this forum. This came as a surprise to me.

How many mean things must I say until you
beat me to death?

o_O

yeah, it's the kind of intimidating like when you try to talk to someone you're attracted to but the blood is having a party in your heart and there are butterflies fluttering behind your eyes.

How many mean things must I say until you
beat me to death?

One

*Karate chops Bird*
Precisely the answer I was hoping to get

Yes you're in trouble young lady

Seriously though, I have actually been worrying about this. Expecially since I've had a few mildly heated discussions lately

yeah, it's the kind of intimidating like when you try to talk to someone you're attracted to but the blood is having a party in your heart and there are butterflies fluttering behind your eyes.

*Unbuttons trenchcoat and flashes invisible*

What colour are my eyes? Huh? Don't know do you?

I guess i'll put myself on the chopping block :D

So, what do you make of my thoughts about the world or approach to life based on what i've posted? *i honestly wasn't sure what else to ask*

Last edited:
Yes you're in trouble young lady

Seriously though, I have actually been worrying about this. Expecially since I've had a few mildly heated discussions lately

:D But seriously, you seem to have a strong personality on occasion. Do you think you're someone who resists backing down to make a point? I think INFPs have a passionate streak, so when someone challenges our personal feelings or beliefs, we go into fight mode i believe. Other INFPs can confirm or deny this. Just a guess.

I've never seen you as intimidating on the forums. I've noticed you can get carried away when you see someone trying to attack a friend of yours though but apart from that I can't really see it, I suppose you could be quite threatening if you tried but in a normal everyday situation I don't think you would give off that impression.

Anita said:
So, what do you make of my thoughts about the world or approach to life based on what i've posted? *i honestly wasn't sure what else to ask*

You seem to build your thoughts about the world and approach to life up by asking people questions and then looking for the patterns and connections in them, finding out what they boil down to essentially I guess.

from what I've read, they don't seem outrageous or anything like that, they seem quite sensible.

I've been told quite a number of times that I'm quite scary, does that come across on the forums? I find it quite...concerning, I mean, I get on well with people but....apparently theres some scary part in me that people see and I want to kinda know what is it that I do that makes me appear this way but I usually get "I don't know" as a response. I don't really pride myself on my intelligence, I like that I am intelligent but what matters more to me is that the people that I'm friends with at least find me to be an open, supporting and warm person. I came to the realization that I'm not so open a while ago and I've been trying to work on that, people see me as very caring and supportive apparently, but no warm...so...I'm not really sure how I'm seen so much, anyone here have any idea/opinion of me in this regard? and any reason as to why this seems to be the case?

:D But seriously, you seem to have a strong personality on occasion. Do you think you're someone who resists backing down to make a point? I think INFPs have a passionate streak, so when someone challenges our personal feelings or beliefs, we go into fight mode i believe. Other INFPs can confirm or deny this. Just a guess.

I maintain my opinion until presented with sufficient evidence to cast doubt on it. I am very flexible in my beliefs though and don't assume anything I believe is the 100% truth. I can argue my point a little abruptly at times but I had hoped people realised that this was just my way of writing. I don't add much fluff to my posts. I usually get straight to the point.

I'm glad you pointed this out btw so don't think I'm miffed about it or anything

:m032::m032::m032::m032:

Reactions: DoveAlexa
I maintain my opinion until presented with sufficient evidence to cast doubt on it. I am very flexible in my beliefs though and don't assume anything I believe is the 100% truth. I can argue my point a little abruptly at times but I had hoped people realised that this was just my way of writing. I don't add much fluff to my posts. I usually get straight to the point.

I'm glad you pointed this out btw so don't think I'm miffed about it or anything

:m032::m032::m032::m032:

Good *breathes sigh of relief* thought i was about to be punched :D

[MENTION=1669]Anita[/MENTION]

I've noticed that you hold honesty in high regard, especially when it comes to being truthful with yourself. Things that you label as weakness are quick to be analyzed and sorted into the "improve" pile. That is probably the thing that I envy the most about you, your implementation of the desire to improve.

What do people see when they read what I write? Is my poetry styling surprising or fitting to my personality? What is my personality? Should I do something differently?

I just want to know if I have ever offended anybody or hurt anybody's feelings around here.

Sometimes, I say what's on my mind concerning a certain topic, and forget that some people personally identify with said topic. If I have done so, I apologize in advance.

Don't be shy to say it here or PM me about it, I am open to some constructive critiquing. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kgal and NeverAmI
Haha, this thread brings me back to when I was called an asshole on here and the same poster de-repped Dove to tell her how horrible I was.

I'm not that bad am I guys?

Haha, this thread brings me back to when I was called an asshole on here and the same poster de-repped Dove to tell her how horrible I was.

[MENTION=2495]88chaz88[/MENTION]

You're Awesome. Period.

God. Asshole.

=D

I have been told before that I can be quite intimidating on this forum. This came as a surprise to me. Does anyone else think this?

[MENTION=472]Poetic Justice[/MENTION]

Hmm. Maybe you were having a bad week at the time, or your observer was tripping something special or they've pissed you off in the past. I have no clue.

In either case, I find you more easygoing than intimidating. The really cool thing I noticed about you is that you can adapt to whatever is appropriate to the situation. You're serious and you can stand-your-ground when you need to (but you do your best to play fair) and when the situation is light-hearted and fun, you deliver a dose of wit and funnies. Despite this flexibility, however, you give the impression of being a rock. I think people feel like they can depend on you to be honest and see where they're coming from; you'll defend them if you believe in their cause. You're more a lover than a fighter, but if you're pushed, I see your potential in becoming a formidable opponent.

Last edited:

[MENTION=1669]Anita[/MENTION]

I think you see the world as something to be examined, considered and I think you take your life and the meaning of it very seriously. Whenever I think of you, I think you as on a quest. I'm not quite sure what exactly it is that you're searching for, but I suspect that part of your plan is to gather as much information and unique information as you can before you formulate your next move. You strike me as very conscientious and you like to be certain. You seem especially interested in relationships between people and how other people orient themselves in accordance to their relationships and their lives. As I've told you before, I've noticed that you rarely offer your opinion unless prompted or maybe feel that you have something substantial to say (because on the rare occasions I see you respond to a post as a discussion participant, not just as the OP, you really do blow my mind with some of your observations... which makes me regret that you don't open up your thoughts to us a bit more). Recently, though, I think you've gotten a lot more comfortable with the forum family, and not only do we get to peer into that brilliant, analyzing mind of yours more often, we get to see a bit of your silly side (which I find to be a very welcome addition to the general zanyness that goes on around here :D )

I've blathered on here, and I'm not certain if I've answered your question, but... that's my impression.

Last edited: