Gay or European? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Gay or European?

You multiquote like a cholo!

It shows your own issues that you think "horribly offensive" is to ask someone what their sexual orientation is. A simple way to start the conversation is usually "I was wondering..." Perhaps followed by a reason for asking "thought we might go out to such and such place and didn't know if that was your scene or not". Tact isn't avoiding messy life situations, it is dealing with them head on in the most adult manner. You aren't asking him how he likes to have sex right? It is just obvious that you are uncomfortable with the topic--probably because of inexperience.

Just have him over to your place and answer the door naked then. Does it really have to be that hard (pun intended)?

You multiquote like a cholo!

What is your point?

It shows your own issues that you think "horribly offensive" is to ask someone what their sexual orientation is. A simple way to start the conversation is usually "I was wondering..." Perhaps followed by a reason for asking "thought we might go out to such and such place and didn't know if that was your scene or not". Tact isn't avoiding messy life situations, it is dealing with them head on in the most adult manner. You aren't asking him how he likes to have sex right? It is just obvious that you are uncomfortable with the topic--probably because of inexperience.

How he likes it is the next logical step. Also, this isn't about being an adult. Being an adult is lame. I WANT TO BE A FREE CHILD FOREVER! :(

Just have him over to your place and answer the door naked then. Does it really have to be that hard (pun intended)?

Being naked in front of him wouldn't reveal anything.

In my vague recollection, there is some episode in Friends that is touching the topic of homosexuality in more explicit way - how about you used it to start a little discussion about what is his opinion of the characters preferences, tastes, stuff like that?
It might be easier, or more socially acceptable to talk about sexuality of fictional characters and it might still give you the info you're looking for. Just a thought :)
BTW, confusing European-ness for gayness is hilarious. XD

Yes, all males are the same. Any deviation must be due to something weird going on.

People sometimes ask me if I'm European. I wouldn't worry about it so much.

I remember about twenty years ago a Swiss colleague telling me that American men stood out because of their total lack of style. At the time, it was perfectly common for straight men in Europe to dress stylishly in a way that would have been considered effeminate in the US. Since then, I believe, a segment of the straight male population in the US has become more comfortable with and interested in style. Perhaps these are the "metrosexuals," a somewhat contrived category. However, the Dave Barry "guy" (i.e., the doltish, slob, beer in hand, clich

Gaydar is culturally dependent. The world is a diverse place.

Gaydar is way more of a vibe interpreter. Telling if someone is gay is more of an intuitive thing than looking at how people dress. i do agree with what you said which I didn't quote, norms have changed a bit. My roomie's boyfriend does sewing projects with her and frequents fabric shops with her.

Why do you even care if he is or not?

LOL... this thread/responses crack me up.

I'm sorry if this makes me a big meanie but I am in the same boat as [MENTION=3096]Sonya[/MENTION] on this one I think. If you don't even have the balls to just ask him if you are that curious, I don't think you deserve to know! So there! I don't agree with the notion that it is horribly offensive in this day and age to simply ask someone which way they swing. I would say even more simply, if you don't want to flat out ask him, to just spend more time with him in general. As you become closer those intimate details will be revealed in due time on their own.

But....aren't you evil and everything? *is confused* I couldn't tell at all you were kidding around.

I took obviousness to the point of satire. I thought that was obvious.

Do you think I'm kidding now?

I took obviousness to the point of satire. I thought that was obvious.

Do you think I'm kidding now?

I dunno but I think I'm a little scared :O

braces have yet to be invented in europe, same as soap made from non-animal fat. So for men, look for a gap the size of the Rhine river next to their incisors, and some good ole raccoon organ secretions along with lilac and lavender on their body.

For women? Always do an armpit check. Is the hair thicker than the rogaine spokes man? Definite european.

Now is someone gay? First things first, check their ipod. Every gay man has laady gaga. Literally, every gay man. If you don't want to be that invasive, just grab their ass.

You might spend the night in jail (and or locked up in some gay bear's bed with chains and a whip that he affectionately calls 'the jail')

But, at least you'll have your answer. And, isn't that what this thread is all about?

Yes, all males are the same. Any deviation must be due to something weird going on.

People sometimes ask me if I'm European. I wouldn't worry about it so much.

Ohh thats why I get that gay vibe from you. :p sorry had to do it.

braces have yet to be invented in europe, same as soap made from non-animal fat. So for men, look for a gap the size of the Rhine river next to their incisors, and some good ole raccoon organ secretions along with lilac and lavender on their body.

For women? Always do an armpit check. Is the hair thicker than the rogaine spokes man? Definite european.

Now is someone gay? First things first, check their ipod. Every gay man has laady gaga. Literally, every gay man. If you don't want to be that invasive, just grab their ass.

You might spend the night in jail (and or locked up in some gay bear's bed with chains and a whip that he affectionately calls 'the jail')

But, at least you'll have your answer. And, isn't that what this thread is all about?

Wait I have some Lady Gaga on my ipod!

Reactions: invisible

Perhaps there is some kind of number of Gaga songs vs. level of gayness scale..

1-3 songs You've thought about it because human beings are curious by nature
4-6 songs You've peeked in the locker room or the restroom and uh..err..(nevermind) later on
7-10 songs You're gay and in the closet
11+ songs You're gay and dressed like Gaga in the gay pride parade

Hum...not a gay man so I don't know if this scale is correct or not..

gay.

I would also like to say, I find it funny how many negative reps I get for being "homophobic" on this forum, it hilurious. Like, what.