^_^
Retired Staff
Mar 9, 2009
Gridania
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
How do you tell if a man from Europe is gay or just very European?

I honestly can't figure it out, and I am afraid to ask. Normally we'd consider the slight lisp, the obsession with cleanliness, a failure to enter discussions about women, and the fact that he loves Friends and watches it daily as evidence that he is gay. But I'm thinking he might actually be straight and not particularly sexual (as in he was shocked when he went to a college dance party).

Any insight, anyone?

Reactions: invisible
You could always ask.

I've never met any european men who "fail to enter discussions about women" like you've described lol.

Show him pictures of hot women and ask him "I'd like so totally bang her, would you?"
Watch his facial expression and problem solved

Three words that must be spoken to this european to figure it out:
Are you gay?

Even that will not hail a real answer. People can always lie :p

could be both

If it matters that much, ask him. Or leave naughty materials in his living space if you can to judge his reaction.

... as evidence that he is gay.

Preferences, other than sexual, are not evidence for someones sexuality, if you ask me. It could mean a lot of things. Perhaps he is gay, perhaps it is some kind of childhood trauma during his youth, or perhaps he just likes cleanliness and the show Friends. Question is; does it really matter if he is straight or not?

If you're intrested in him I'd say that the best aproach for an answer would be to simply ask him, even thou' you say that you don't want to. There is a risk that he would take it personally (despite sexuality) if you ask him, but if you really wanna know I'd say that is much better than to test him or just assume from "evidence".

If he likes men to fuck him up the ass, he's gay.

Err....or vice versa actually.

I would say that it is obvious that you lack the social skills to open the dialogue and don't deserve to know.

Edit: Thanks [MENTION=528]slant[/MENTION]. Okay, technically it should just be "if he likes men"

Last edited:
Some male once insulted me by calling me a
european homosexual. This has nothing to do
with the thread, the title just merely reminded
me, sorry dragonian.

Reactions: invisible
I generally assume that people are straight- regardless of where they're from- until they tell me they're gay or I see evidence that says otherwise.

You are aware I was making a joke, yes?

But....aren't you evil and everything? *is confused* I couldn't tell at all you were kidding around.

You could always ask.

I've never met any european men who "fail to enter discussions about women" like you've described lol.

No, can't ask. I think he might just not be a very sexual being (or not in touch with it), which would explain why he doesn't enter discussions.

Guys from Europe swing at least 3 ways.

If he likes men to fuck him up the ass, he's gay.

Too difficult to test. I need more helpful suggestions.

Show him pictures of hot women and ask him "I'd like so totally bang her, would you?"
Watch his facial expression and problem solved

This is actually a good suggestion.

Yeah I'm Canadian that's halfway there I guess.

I just like their attitude and mannerisms; the way they tend to see things. Worldview I mesh with very naturally.

You're only about 25% as communistic as the Swedes.

Three words that must be spoken to this european to figure it out:
Are you gay?

Even that will not hail a real answer. People can always lie :p

Nope, can't ask. Too awkward, too potentially insulting, etc.

Nope.

could be both

Yes, I was not using the OR connective in the exclusive sense.

If it matters that much, ask him. Or leave naughty materials in his living space if you can to judge his reaction.

Also a good suggestion. The problem is I don't have any naughty materials, and it would be rude I think. I try hard to be a good person to live with. I'm afraid he might totally freak out.

Preferences, other than sexual, are not evidence for someones sexuality, if you ask me. It could mean a lot of things. Perhaps he is gay, perhaps it is some kind of childhood trauma during his youth, or perhaps he just likes cleanliness and the show Friends. Question is; does it really matter if he is straight or not?

If you're intrested in him I'd say that the best aproach for an answer would be to simply ask him, even thou' you say that you don't want to. There is a risk that he would take it personally (despite sexuality) if you ask him, but if you really wanna know I'd say that is much better than to test him or just assume from "evidence".

I'm not interest, just curious. I'm not actually gay. Maybe heteroflexible, but not gay.

Err....or vice versa actually.

I would say that it is obvious that you lack the social skills to open the dialogue and don't deserve to know.

Edit: Thanks @slant . Okay, technically it should just be "if he likes men"

I think it is my social skills precisely that have prevented me from opening the dialogue up to this point, not lack thereof. It is called tact. I don't want to be horribly offensive.

Thank you slant for enlightening us. Now we can never know for certain whether or not someone is gay.

Some male once insulted me by calling me a
european homosexual. This has nothing to do
with the thread, the title just merely reminded
me, sorry dragonian.

You would be quite the european homosexual. ;)
I don't see it as an insult.
I generally assume that people are straight- regardless of where they're from- until they tell me they're gay or I see evidence that says otherwise.

Also a good suggestion, but might make me naive.