Fear of an INFJ | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Fear of an INFJ

I most fear my impulsivity, my jumping into a major projec with both feet before I think through the consequences, which often leads to lack of follow-through. I am in awe of the process [MENTION=7]tovlo[/MENTION] went through in her decision to change careers. I, on the other hand, decided to go to law school in April of '88, took the LSAT in June, turned in my application in August and began classes September 1, all without knowing whether I would even *like* being an attorney (I didn't). I finished but at great cost: my marriage (to be honest, it was over long before I started law dchool), the disruption in my children's lives, and a longlasting flare-up of the bipolar.

The only true fear I have relates to other people. I don't want that something bad happens to my close ones... That's not an INFJ thing I guess.

My fear generally equates to anger. Fear isn't something I experience all that often and no specific thing triggers it. I am not going to say I don't feel fear, I likely only experience it subconsciously and before I recognize it is there, it has already been transferred into another emotion.

But times when I should have been scared as normal response to what was happening, it just ended up making me angry. That whole fight or flight thing is broke in me, I just decide on fight :p Good thing I'm easy-going or I would have had a lot of problems in my teen years. When I go into that mode too, I'll start shaking from all the adrenaline pumping into me. Thankfully, Ti works overtime to keep me in-line.

Of being known.

Diseases like Alzheimer's, where your brain corrodes until nothing that made you you has left to corrode.

I used to be very afraid of myself and sometimes still am. Whenever I uncover a new layer of myself I have to go through a painful process of thoroughly examining it to see what I'm capable of doing and what kind of darkness is there. When I come to know and understand that darkness I stop being afraid of myself.

There's not much I feel afraid of....I have faced down most everything life has managed to throw my way. I guess I don't fear it because I've seen it before and it is not unknown. In fact, I've found certain consolation in things some would fear, and this kinda takes the bite out of fearing fear itself.

I'm afraid of someone never figuring me out. I want someone to truly know me before I die. It seems to be too much for the easygoing guys I meet. I'm afraid of being too much for them, also.

Additionally, I'm incredibly afraid of never reaching my potential AND never finding out what I really want. My family views my personality like a disease (they are highly conservative extroverts), and overcoming the shame of that and embracing who I am has taken years. I guess I'm mostly afraid of having to explain myself to my loved ones forever. Its exhausting =/

The one possibility that haunts me the most is the fear that my life will be worthless -- that I won't effect any sort of positive change, that I will continually let down the people I care about, that I will accomplish absolutely nothing worthwhile, and that when I die, it will be as though I never existed.

This is mine too. I am afraid of making the wrong choices, wasting my potential (cuz I do that a lot...), not making a difference, and feeling so much regret and self-hate that I drown my sorrows in addiction, therefore continuing to be useless. I am really terrified of letting people down and letting myself down. I'm afraid I will wake up old and sick one day and will look back on my life and cringe.

losing my independence.

losing my ability to take care of myself physically and mentally is my absolute greatest fear. I don't know what I would do if i ever had to depend on others for any length of time...

I fear that I'll let slip things about myself things that I don't want others to know. I also fear that I'll be alone that I'll never be close to anyone, that I'll never be close to anyone.

It's as if my right arm draws people near as my left pushes them away.

Reactions: Blackmountainside
I fear the sheer stupidity of ppl.

I'm afraid of never becoming successful and being lonely. I think I will be lonely if I'm not successful. I think a lot of other people have this same fear and that it drives capitalism, maybe that is me just projecting myself tho.

I have a phobia about wasps, and I'm sure it's symbolic of what they represent: directed, repeated, poisonous aggression. Their human counterparts are my nemeses.

Reactions: Siamese cat
Losing the world would be kind of scary, I think. Imagine if it just suddenly didn't exist one day - you woke up to find it gone and there was something else replacing it. Think of everything you worked so hard on getting lost and you could never get it back. Think of all the people you've met and those you love and losing all of them to a different world.

Yeah... that's probably the scariest thing ever.

(Although, if we're talknig irrational fears, then wasps.)