Fear of an INFJ | INFJ Forum

Fear of an INFJ

Discussion in 'The INFJ Typology' started by Trifoilum, Dec 30, 2010.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 23 users.
More threads by Trifoilum
  1. Trifoilum

Trifoilum find wisdom, build hope.

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    6w5
    Within the scope of an INFJ (or any MBTI code you are), what do you most afraid of? Of the world? Of yourself?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Noona and BritNi like this.
  2. Chessie

Chessie Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INfJ
    I find myself endlessly afraid of my own potential. I have vast and terrible planes of existence in my mind. I've seen myself crouched in the basement under my home, chewing at a man's intestines, grinning like a cheerful child as I dispense my justice with teeth.

My own capacity for creation and destruction, intended or unintended, is so vast I need regularly to sit down and close my eyes and remind myself that not every action I take will butterfly effect into some metastasizing project. I fear how easily I, as an INFJ, could control other people. I fear how I could reach into their minds and rip loose their very being. I fear how much I'm tempted to sometimes.

Still, I am buoyed by my conscience which rarely fails me. It prevents me from doing genuinely evil things for the most part although I can't say it always has. Life is full of too many colors to be entirely blameless in all eyes. I am a violent person. Not angry or destructive, not cruel or hateful...but I am steeped in violence. It surrounds me constantly as it surrounds you and it is a matter of our awareness as to whether or not we are a center of peace in the lives of others or if we merely contribute to the chaos of living.

MINFJToothFairy and BritNi like this.
  3. Hyuri

Hyuri OneOneOne

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    What scares me most is ending up alone, abandoned, forgotten, and unwanted.

4. ontheroadtohope

ontheroadtohope Regular Poster

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFP
    Enneagram:
    9w1 sp/sx/so
    The one possibility that haunts me the most is the fear that my life will be worthless -- that I won't effect any sort of positive change, that I will continually let down the people I care about, that I will accomplish absolutely nothing worthwhile, and that when I die, it will be as though I never existed. Fortunately, I'm working towards accomplishing my dreams and goals and have a good deal of optimism about achieving them. But this fear is always lurking in the back of my mind, prompting me forwards and ensuring that I don't let myself slack off in the present.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Absch

Absch Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    ISTP
    Enneagram:
    wat
    I'm scared of INFJs actually

Maikl Jexocuha, Noona, BritNi and 2 others like this.
  6. randomsomeone

randomsomeone Well-known member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Aloneness might have been a fear at one point, but I've stared that one down pretty well. Faced many other shadows, too, so I am pretty fearless now.

BritNi likes this.
  7. Peppermint

Peppermint Well-known member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    _
    Enneagram:
    _
    Losing my cognitive abilities.

Maikl Jexocuha and BritNi like this.
  8. Faye

Faye ^_^
    Staff Member Administrator

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    Rejection. I don't think this is necessarily an INFJ thing, though.

BritNi likes this.
  9. Chessie

Chessie Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INfJ
    Losing my ability to think...yeah, that would be huge for me too.

10. jyrffw54

jyrffw54 שכינה עוֹלֶה

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    Rejection, though I think it's more of a human thing than an infj thing, and that goes along with feeling worthless in life, and ending up alone, abandoned, forgotten.

I also fear that one day, a close friend who I've confided in, will turn on me and all hell will break loose.

BritNi likes this.
  11. Norwich

Norwich insistent
    Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    infj
    Enneagram:
    2 so/sp/sx
    Rejection
    But I'm getting better at facing it instead of mindlessly acting on the anxiety it provokes.

12. Saru Inc

Saru Inc Schrödinger's Pussy
    Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    ENFJ
    Enneagram:
    3w4
    ray ray !

-------

I have a T fear, and an F fear.

My primary fear is I will lose the ability to learn, and I will be stuck in a non logical world.

My secondary F fear, is that I will become insensitive without realizing it once again, and say something that has gone too far, and will be abandoned by everyone I know.

-------

My non mbti fear though (which makes me act so introverted around strangers) is getting gay bashed again.

13. Billy

Billy Contents Under Pressure
    Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    infj
    Enneagram:
    Reality unraveling.

14. Auburn

Auburn Regular Poster

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTP
    Yes. When I saw the thread title I thought it was gonna be about scray INFJs...... :mlight:
    Ni scares the shit out of me sometimes... especially if asked to trust their Ni.

15. Korg

Korg Banging on the walls

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    -
    Enneagram:
    -
    Losing my autonomy. I don't want to be controlled, told what to do or be defined by someone else.

I like INFJ's, though. A lot, actually. They aren't scary to me at all, just deep and sensitive and sometimes needy. But that suits me.

16. Lucidmoon

Lucidmoon Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    Say what?
    Good question! Mine has always been letting people down. Of course as a kid I compensated for this by becoming a people pleaser and it damn near crippled me as an adult. I didn't know how to set boundaries or take care of myself. Now that I'm past that I have a wonderful sense of balance in this area.

I sometimes fear showing too much or too strong emotions. It seems most people don't know how to deal with them and become a little afraid themselves. Still trying to figure out if that's my issue or theirs... :m190:

17. Soulful

Soulful life is good

Threads:
    MBTI:
    Good point.. I find this to be true as well.

I'm not sure how to answer this question within the scope of INFJ/MBTI - but at this point, I'm more scared of standing in my own way than I am of anything else.

18. Auburn

Auburn Regular Poster

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTP
    Definitely. I love the depth and sensitivity.

I guess the positives outweigh the fear for me, but the fear is there. Like, not knowing what they're thinking (and them not being able to articulate it either) or not knowing how they might take a situation leaves me a bit paranoid, and spinning around in Ne circles imagining bad things. =/ I wish they were more clear/blunt, but I find their minds have a fluidity to them that makes it hard to pinpoint everything.

Maikl Jexocuha likes this.
  19. Korg

Korg Banging on the walls

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    -
    Enneagram:
    -
    Agreed. I see you are an INTP and I strongly suspect I am one as well. Supposedly, INFJ and INTP is an excellent combination.

I read a quote yesterday that made me realize why I am often drawn to INFJ women: "Indeed, most primary interests of an INTP are things which he cannot fully understand, usually because they are highly complex or have some exotic, mystical element that does not yield to analysis." INFJ women are often mystical and enigmatic to me which I love. It's great fun for me to get into their minds and figure things out; they're a veritable treasure trove of thoughts and moods mixed up together into a mysterious palette of awesomeness. Many men find that off putting, but I really like it.

MINFJToothFairy likes this.
  20. the

the Si master race.
    Banned

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ISTJ
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    Prostate cancer.

MINFJToothFairy and acd like this.