Fear of an INFJ

Trifoilum

find wisdom, build hope.
Dec 27, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Within the scope of an INFJ (or any MBTI code you are), what do you most afraid of? Of the world? Of yourself?

Reactions: Noona and BritNi
I find myself endlessly afraid of my own potential. I have vast and terrible planes of existence in my mind. I've seen myself crouched in the basement under my home, chewing at a man's intestines, grinning like a cheerful child as I dispense my justice with teeth.

My own capacity for creation and destruction, intended or unintended, is so vast I need regularly to sit down and close my eyes and remind myself that not every action I take will butterfly effect into some metastasizing project. I fear how easily I, as an INFJ, could control other people. I fear how I could reach into their minds and rip loose their very being. I fear how much I'm tempted to sometimes.

Still, I am buoyed by my conscience which rarely fails me. It prevents me from doing genuinely evil things for the most part although I can't say it always has. Life is full of too many colors to be entirely blameless in all eyes. I am a violent person. Not angry or destructive, not cruel or hateful...but I am steeped in violence. It surrounds me constantly as it surrounds you and it is a matter of our awareness as to whether or not we are a center of peace in the lives of others or if we merely contribute to the chaos of living.

Reactions: mintoots and BritNi
The one possibility that haunts me the most is the fear that my life will be worthless -- that I won't effect any sort of positive change, that I will continually let down the people I care about, that I will accomplish absolutely nothing worthwhile, and that when I die, it will be as though I never existed. Fortunately, I'm working towards accomplishing my dreams and goals and have a good deal of optimism about achieving them. But this fear is always lurking in the back of my mind, prompting me forwards and ensuring that I don't let myself slack off in the present.

Aloneness might have been a fear at one point, but I've stared that one down pretty well. Faced many other shadows, too, so I am pretty fearless now.

Reactions: BritNi
Rejection, though I think it's more of a human thing than an infj thing, and that goes along with feeling worthless in life, and ending up alone, abandoned, forgotten.

I also fear that one day, a close friend who I've confided in, will turn on me and all hell will break loose.

Rejection, though I think it's more of a human thing than an infj thing, and that goes along with feeling worthless in life, and ending up alone, abandoned, forgotten.

I also fear that one day, a close friend who I've confided in, will turn on me and all hell will break loose.

ray ray !

-------

I have a T fear, and an F fear.

My primary fear is I will lose the ability to learn, and I will be stuck in a non logical world.

My secondary F fear, is that I will become insensitive without realizing it once again, and say something that has gone too far, and will be abandoned by everyone I know.

-------

My non mbti fear though (which makes me act so introverted around strangers) is getting gay bashed again.

I'm scared of INFJs actually

Yes. When I saw the thread title I thought it was gonna be about scray INFJs...... :mlight:
Ni scares the shit out of me sometimes... especially if asked to trust their Ni.

Losing my autonomy. I don't want to be controlled, told what to do or be defined by someone else.

I like INFJ's, though. A lot, actually. They aren't scary to me at all, just deep and sensitive and sometimes needy. But that suits me.

Good question! Mine has always been letting people down. Of course as a kid I compensated for this by becoming a people pleaser and it damn near crippled me as an adult. I didn't know how to set boundaries or take care of myself. Now that I'm past that I have a wonderful sense of balance in this area.

I sometimes fear showing too much or too strong emotions. It seems most people don't know how to deal with them and become a little afraid themselves. Still trying to figure out if that's my issue or theirs... :m190:

Losing my autonomy.

Good point.. I find this to be true as well.

I'm not sure how to answer this question within the scope of INFJ/MBTI - but at this point, I'm more scared of standing in my own way than I am of anything else.

They aren't scary to me at all, just deep and sensitive and sometimes needy. But that suits me.
Definitely. I love the depth and sensitivity.

I guess the positives outweigh the fear for me, but the fear is there. Like, not knowing what they're thinking (and them not being able to articulate it either) or not knowing how they might take a situation leaves me a bit paranoid, and spinning around in Ne circles imagining bad things. =/ I wish they were more clear/blunt, but I find their minds have a fluidity to them that makes it hard to pinpoint everything.

Reactions: 5ufvdee369jcdd
Definitely. I love the depth and sensitivity.

I guess the positives outweigh the fear for me, but the fear is there. Like, not knowing what they're thinking (and them not being able to articulate it either) or not knowing how they might take a situation leaves me a bit paranoid, and spinning around in Ne circles imagining bad things. =/ I wish they were more clear/blunt, but I find their minds have a fluidity to them that makes it hard to pinpoint everything.

Agreed. I see you are an INTP and I strongly suspect I am one as well. Supposedly, INFJ and INTP is an excellent combination.

I read a quote yesterday that made me realize why I am often drawn to INFJ women: "Indeed, most primary interests of an INTP are things which he cannot fully understand, usually because they are highly complex or have some exotic, mystical element that does not yield to analysis." INFJ women are often mystical and enigmatic to me which I love. It's great fun for me to get into their minds and figure things out; they're a veritable treasure trove of thoughts and moods mixed up together into a mysterious palette of awesomeness. Many men find that off putting, but I really like it.

Reactions: mintoots
Prostate cancer.

Reactions: mintoots and acd