Fear of an INFJ | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Fear of an INFJ

I am afraid of making mistake...sometimes even to the point of being indecisive...
I am afraid of hurting someone by being misunderstood.
I am afraid of cancer or illness in general, but mostly cancer.
I hate airplanes, flats on high floors, elevators...

"I know I can be affraid, but I am alive..."

The one possibility that haunts me the most is the fear that my life will be worthless -- that I won't effect any sort of positive change, that I will continually let down the people I care about, that I will accomplish absolutely nothing worthwhile, and that when I die, it will be as though I never existed. Fortunately, I'm working towards accomplishing my dreams and goals and have a good deal of optimism about achieving them. But this fear is always lurking in the back of my mind, prompting me forwards and ensuring that I don't let myself slack off in the present.

And that too...

Losing my autonomy. I don't want to be controlled, told what to do or be defined by someone else.

I like INFJ's, though. A lot, actually. They aren't scary to me at all, just deep and sensitive and sometimes needy. But that suits me.

Oh, that one also, I am not really tough woman, you know...

Mine is...
To see one commit bad things. To see times of personal development undone, to see times of personal development which was supposed to do us good become useless. To see the white armor stained by blood while you can't do anything about it — and wondering when will it happen to you.

Fear of seeing all your efforts died down.
Pyrrhic Victories. To see that our efforts were for nothing; the damage made is bigger than the prize gained.

I'm afraid of non-existence. The big crunch, black holes, death. Anything that implies "nothingness". The idea terrifies me to no end.

I'm afraid of non-existence. The big crunch, black holes, death. Anything that implies "nothingness". The idea terrifies me to no end.
How can nothing be nothing without being something?

But regardless, I know this fear and I have had moments of extreme terror at pondering the possibility of there being literally a void of nothingness upon death. Although thinking back it seems kind of silly to be afraid of being nothing. It isn't like I'd be bored or something or even know that the self I am so attached to now is gone.

Also...another pretty serious fear of mine is the fact that I'm terrified of heights. I get really bad vertigo and feel a force pulling me down whenever I am near an edge or looking over a high railing. I've had nightmares of being sucked off of stair cases and escalators to my death before. That sounds really funny but it was terrifying at the time...hahaha...

i'm really afraid of being systematically tortured! i don't think i could stand it! i've come to terms with my other fears, i'm not afraid of other things. but i don't ever want to be tortured! i'm so sorry for people who get taken prisoner and tortured! i would crumble if my body was tested and mutilated in that way! my international political identity and my citizenships are the most valuable thing i can think of that i could ever own. but being a citizen of these powerful countries still doesn't mean that i will never get tortured. i hope it never happens to me! i think it's one of the worst things humans can do to each other. it's the worst thing i can imagine happening to me and it's the one thing i think i could never stand. i'm terrified of it!!

Some of us have spent some very fond nights being systematically tortured but then, we could always end it so I guess as fears go that's a pretty nasty one to have...Although thankfully with torture, the mind can find a place to hide if you know how. You can survive nearly anything for an unlimited period of time if you stop caring about living. Torture works on the idea that a person prefers to live. Die inside and leave only the seed of a person and you can live through any torture. Maybe even enjoy it. It's a sign you're alive still and death hasn't happened yet.

Reactions: invisible
Abandonment.

Some of us have spent some very fond nights being systematically tortured but then, we could always end it so I guess as fears go that's a pretty nasty one to have...Although thankfully with torture, the mind can find a place to hide if you know how. You can survive nearly anything for an unlimited period of time if you stop caring about living. Torture works on the idea that a person prefers to live. Die inside and leave only the seed of a person and you can live through any torture. Maybe even enjoy it. It's a sign you're alive still and death hasn't happened yet.

no i'm not afraid of death. i've been intimately close with death, i just can't communicate to you how close, i'm completely comfortable with it. on the other hand i'm very afraid of torture. i don't believe that my mind could find a place to hide, i believe torture would break my mind. i can't bring myself to believe that there is a type of person who could not be broken in their mind by a certain variety or degree of torture. i'm not so certain as you, i believe that actual torture is a terrifying atrocity that is very difficult and perhaps impossible to survive as a complete mind. i lack confidence that my mind would ever be able to survive it.

My greatest fear is not being able to anticipate correctly. Specially in interpersonal relationships, I like to know where I stand with people so I can act accordingly and treat them on the level that I am supposed to.

That's one of the reasons that I like new places, it's most likely that I won't know anyone, therefore, I can treat everyone as strangers and not worry about how I should come across.

Actually... I fear of loosing the ability to feel. Even more than loosing logical thinking. Am I Fe addict or what? :)