Fear of an INFJ | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Fear of an INFJ

I don't know how it relates to being infj (it may not), but I'd say I'm most afraid of social politics and weaponized logic.

What am I afraid of most?

Fear...as in not knowing whether or not,I should be afraid of-whatever it is,I'm afraid of...at the moment?...You know?...Sounds like I'm afraid,a lot,doesn't it?Anyway,it's our intuitive feeling,that gives us our best warning signals,usually.When they are off,though,problems do occur.And,if one's life,already has them starring,at what seems like an intractable mountain of problems,well,you can see what I mean,right?So,what to do/not do?Trust myself,as in my motivations(they're good).Practice real-caution, so far as trusting what is;as in situations new,potential ventures:eek:pportunities.Most of the people you don't know yet-should not-be trusted-yet,and if you are proceeding forward in life into something(anything)new-you should make sure-that you know-really know...what you're getting yourself into-really...!...Don't rely on fate,to get you out of a bad situation..Look to reality(the facts),and maybe-a higher power..one you know-that you can trust...right?makes sense,doesn't it?It should,or don't trust it.

life after the death of god

Fear itself...?

I'm starting to think,it's fear itself-that I'm most afraid of...I mean,I've had a life of crippling fear from dysfunctional family;deeply disturbed,traumatized mother,siblings,who treated me poorly(much older than me,for whatever it matters),born with disabilities not even started being diagnosed accurately till I was 35 yrs.old.Yup,you can say it:my life has been Hell...!...So I am starting to figure out,the biggest feature of my fear(s) in life(and justifiably so) is/are my -fear of fear itself.Let me explain.The aforementioned problems,have caused me to live a life semi crippled by chronic fear.I have been,as a result chronically afraid,of being afraid.Sound crazy?I don't believe it is.I do believe-it's more common,than anyone thinks:and this in particular,among us INFJ's.Winston Churchill was famous for saying:"We have nothing to fear-but fear,itself".Incredible.He Championed the British people,during the dark times of threat by possibility of total enslavement to Nazi rule.Think they-had to deal with they're own fears?Evidently.As bad as the Nazi threat was,they're own fear-was more-dangerous..!...They didn't give up,and primarily,by not giving up,to they're own fear(s).Well,this is like journaling,to me.I needed to do this,right now.This is-a public forum,so if any are put-off,offended,or discouraged by what I've written here,feel free to say so.About discouragement:don't let the life experience(s),I've outlined here-discourage you.I'm still here,aren't I?Aren't I?Take Heart(meaning:allow your positive motivations to shine-at the very least,within you,and to you)...

Reactions: Kgal
..The OP here. May I?

Mostly because I'm curious as per what would be the new users' answers. :)
(maybe I should let it die a natural cause, but eeh.)

My anger, as I do not wish to harm anyone in any way. Second place goes to being in one spot too long, I get anxious and need to keep moving.

My fear, as I have come to realize is the fear of looking stupid or not being regarded as intellectually intelligent.
Needless to say that this fear has come true time and time again (especially here on the forums)...

Reactions: Kmal
I'm afraid of someone never figuring me out. I want someone to truly know me before I die. It seems to be too much for the easygoing guys I meet. I'm afraid of being too much for them, also.

Additionally, I'm incredibly afraid of never reaching my potential AND never finding out what I really want. My family views my personality like a disease (they are highly conservative extroverts), and overcoming the shame of that and embracing who I am has taken years. I guess I'm mostly afraid of having to explain myself to my loved ones forever. Its exhausting =/

I guess my fear is pretty similar, in regards to not being figured out/ reaching my potential. I fear not being able to find someone to share my feeings and knowledge with, there's just so much of it... it's kind of overbearing to others. I have, however, been lucky enough to have a family member that is very much like me.

I fear failure. Utter failure.

Also, ending up alone-- like my father.

The one possibility that haunts me the most is the fear that my life will be worthless -- that I won't effect any sort of positive change, that I will continually let down the people I care about, that I will accomplish absolutely nothing worthwhile, and that when I die, it will be as though I never existed. Fortunately, I'm working towards accomplishing my dreams and goals and have a good deal of optimism about achieving them. But this fear is always lurking in the back of my mind, prompting me forwards and ensuring that I don't let myself slack off in the present.

This, word for word.

Hmm, some similarities... Fear of failure for sure. Fear of not being in control of situations... Fear of judgment and fear of the unknown. Mind you I'm not agoraphobic, but somewhat easily startled or temporarily anxiety-riddled too easily. :( Recent health issue has forced this to be addressed head-on now though, so I'm working on having less anxiety and fear for the survival of my skittish brain...

I thought this thread would be about those who fear INFJs.

I just took this test, I'm 46, and it's helped me define some of the things in my life that I thought was just my imagination. Don't feel quite so "crazy" anymore.

I'm afraid of being alone all my life and dieing alone. And in a way I'm afraid of being a leader mostly. I know people find it easy to trust me but I generally don't trust myself to hold such a position, and it kind of hinders me.