Catholic Bishops says Suicide Bombers are better than Gay marriage... | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Catholic Bishops says Suicide Bombers are better than Gay marriage...

I love how people that arent supposed gettin any, and cant get married, have the nerve to say its better to blow yourself up than get married. I guess they want to save all the gay guys for themselves, and are getting jealous.

I love how people that arent supposed gettin any, and cant get married, have the nerve to say its better to blow yourself up than get married. I guess they want to save all the gay guys for themselves, and are getting jealous.
That part's true. I just object to the idea that this only applies to GAY marriage.

So if someone takes a stance just for gay marriage, then that suddenly makes them unworthy of teaching all other aspects of Christianity?

The whole, "You are with us 100% or are against us 100%" mentality of the Church is one of the things I find so disheartening.
but hey, there is a plus side to this. If the church kicks out all the members that support gay marriage, the church will shrink, and will have less ability to convince people of their position. It would be nice to see that 46% statistic dwindle as the 99% Catholics are no longer considered catholic.

They ought to do it by excommunication. So they can't come back.

Doesn't the pope have to forgive someone who asks to return?
They have to ask forgiveness for the tings that got them excommunicated, and promise to try to never sin again. so, what this means is, if someone were to be excommunicated for believing in marriage equality, they would have to say rescind anything they said to that effect, and no longer believe in marriage equality, in order to be rebaptized.

Which would finally be the Catholics practising what they preach.

Ultimately this all comes down to control. Controlling interpretation of scripture is how the Catholic Church has controlled people for centuries. This Bishop is just perpetuating a long Christian tradition of asserting power by stereotyping a group of people as self absorbed, dangerous sinners and comparing them to murderers of the innocent is simply his way of asserting the great threat such people are to his and his Church's interpretation of scripture.

Ultimately this all comes down to control. Controlling interpretation of scripture is how the Catholic Church has controlled people for centuries. This Bishop is just perpetuating a long Christian tradition of asserting power by stereotyping a group of people as self absorbed, dangerous sinners and comparing them to murderers of the innocent is simply his way of asserting the great threat such people are to his and his Church's interpretation of scripture.

It really should be noted it's not just the Church or Christians who do this but instead anybody looking to control others or has some irrational fear of things they don't understand.

Not all homophobes are christian and not all Christians are homophobic

Another example of the Church's priorities.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/2009111...2Z2oxBF9TAzIxNTExMDUEZW1haWxJZAMxMjU4MDU4OTAy

Church could stop Washington aid over gay marriage law said:
WASHINGTON (AFP) – The Catholic church has warned it will stop joint aid projects with Washington's authorities if the city passes a proposed law to legalize gay marriage.
The US capital's Catholic authorities had asked to be exempted from part of a proposed same-sex marriage law that would also ban discrimination against gay men and lesbians.
In a statement, the city's archdiocese said the rules "could prevent social service providers such as Catholic Charities from continuing their long-term partnerships with the District government to provide critical social services for thousands of the city's most vulnerable residents."
Programs at risk include adoption and foster care services and could affect 68,000 people who use the services each year, the church said.
"Religious organizations and individuals are at risk of legal action for refusing to promote and support same-sex marriages in a host of settings where it would compromise their religious beliefs."
The bill is expected to be voted on next month.

How wonderful that an organization that values families will put thousands of families at risk to protect their right to discriminate.

Doing Jesus proud!

Last edited:
Would have thought you'd appreciate it...

You could say, this is them chopping off their own legs. Legs have the fibula artery, which, if left to bleed out, would kill the owner.

Bad PR in other words.

OP: This is from a church that has actively protected, and been a haven for, pedophiles. That is, raping little boys and girls and getting away with it. OTOH, the church considers consensual sex between two loving adults evil and a sin. The ultimate in hypocrisy, perhaps?

OP: This is from a church that has actively protected, and been a haven for, pedophiles. That is, raping little boys and girls and getting away with it. OTOH, the church considers consensual sex between two loving adults evil and a sin. The ultimate in hypocrisy, perhaps?

You don't remember how the church responded to that controversy?

http://forum.infjs.com/showpost.php?p=150786&postcount=33

Not to Godwin my own thread, but the Nazis learned a valuable tool for propaganda from the Church. Classify anyone you don't like under a single title. For the Nazis, they declared that the communists, political opponents, experts who disagreed with them, elites who wouldn't give them money, etc. were all Jews or a tool of the Jewery (Zionist). The Church originated this idea by declaring anyone they didn't like or anyone who didn't agree with them as a "sinner". The homosexuals and pedophiles are all sinners. As such, they are showing forgiveness when they protect the pedophiles and admonishment of their sins when they preach against homosexuality. Hypocrisy? The ultimate loophole to hypocrisy exists when you have the power to stereotype the groups.

Stereotyped? How so?
I see it in many places....where I live religion seems to be characterized as either comical, simplistic, narrow, or irrelevant. From one perspective I can see how this might be so...the external forms, rituals, and cultures of religion can seem pretty bizarre, even to me. The paradox, however, is that there is something seriously huge behind it all, and that within many of these traditions one can find some of the greatest paths of enlightenment known to humanity.

I don't mind the stereotypes...in some ways they make sense. In other ways it saddens me in that they often block the view of what religion can offer....inner peace, fearlessness, acceptance of diversity/respect, a sense of purpose.

I came into this late...this may all be off-topic.

Last edited: