Catholic Bishops says Suicide Bombers are better than Gay marriage... | INFJ Forum

Catholic Bishops says Suicide Bombers are better than Gay marriage...

Satya

C'est la vie
Retired Staff
May 11, 2008
MBTI
INXP
And people wonder why I love religion so much. :mtap:

http://themoderatevoice.com/51019/suicide-bombers-are-better-than-gay-marriage/

The culture of homosexuality is a culture of self-absorption because it does not value self-sacrifice. It is a glaring example of what John Paul II has called the culture of death. Islamic fundamentalists clearly understand the damage that homosexual behavior inflicts on a culture. That is why they repress such behavior by death. Their culture is anything but one of self-absorption. It may be brutal at times, but any culture that is able to produce wave after wave of suicide bombers (women as well as men) is a culture that at least knows how to value self-sacrifice.

Terrorism as a way to oppose the degeneration of the culture is to be rejected completely since such violence is itself another form of degeneracy. One, however, does not have to agree with the gruesome ways that the fundamentalists use to curb the forces that undermine their culture to admit that the Islamic fundamentalist charge that Western Civilization in general and the U.S.A, in particular is the

Yeeaah.. And gloss over the fact that relations between men and women in Islamic countries are so restrictive due to fundamentalism that many of the unmarried men engage in homosexuality anyway.

Glad to know where their priorities are. This is why the Pope is a guy in Europe that everyone listens to but very few people actually listen to.

Wow, just...wow.

I had to read that over a few times to make sure I was reading what I was reading. That's horrific.

How can anyone even compare something like that. I believe that we humans should not judge one another. The outcome thereof is no good. I find judgment rather egoistic.

Again, i think its a weird comparison.
:m114:

wow, just wow, I can't believe my eyes, how can this religious figures express in such a horrific way? are this examples of moral human behavior? this is horrific, the way religion can be so cruel about something thats perfectly normal, when they claim to express love to each other, mercy etc, that is just ironic, this does not even have a name, perhaps why people seperate themselves from religion, such ignorance tied to some ancient belief that might have even be modified through time, they claim god loves all his children, and shows compassion, how does this show compassion and understanding in any way? for a religious figure to express themselves in such a dispicable way, are these our examples to follow? the ignorance of these people make me mad.

this guy just made my life harder

::pats you on back::

Well, he doesn't speak for all Christians.

that's not what a lot of people are going to think. Yay abuse of power, and terrible doctrine.

that's not what a lot of people are going to think. Yay abuse of power, and terrible doctrine.
Anyone who thinks he speaks for all Christians is just as closed minded as the people who actually believe what he's saying.

I like the whole "Anglicans who hate gays can serve the Pope" thing that is going on now too.

::pats you on back::

Well, he doesn't speak for all Christians.

Just the crazy ones who over shadow all the reasonable people. I get the feeling this is the same for almost any group. The reasonable people are often not heard over the more volatile folks.

And I'm not surprised not at all.

Anyone who thinks he speaks for all Christians is just as closed minded as the people who actually believe what he's saying.

Exactly.

he is the leader of a church, just a what the president says or does reflects the U.S. so does this man.

he is the leader of a church, just a what the president says or does reflects the U.S. so does this man.
It might reflect but to believe that all Americans support the president/policies is close minded, just like believing he speaks for all Christians. Sure, people will see it that way, but it's a close minded way of looking at it.

It might reflect but to believe that all Americans support the president/policies is close minded, just like believing he speaks for all Christians. Sure, people will see it that way, but it's a close minded way of looking at it.

I know that there minds will close, I still hurts to think that some one was just given another reason to hate the church and by extension God

I know that there minds will close, I still hurts to think that some one was just given another reason to hate the church and by extension God
I agree with you, it is sad. But personally I think the people who would hate because of what this guy said are going to hate no matter what, they'll just find a different reason. I guess what I'm trying to say is don't worry about the opinions of those that won't accept you.

I agree with you, it is sad. But personally I think the people who would hate because of what this guy said are going to hate no matter what, they'll just find a different reason. I guess what I'm trying to say is don't worry about the opinions of those that won't accept you.

thanks for your kind words, and don't worry for I never do. I only mourn for the lost

More of the same...

http://ncronline.org/news/gay-marriage-supporter-removed-ministries

Gay marriage supporter removed from ministries said:
One Catholic in Maine has paid a heavy price for supporting same-sex marriage.
Pamella Starbird Beliveau of Lewiston, Maine, was removed as a lector and Eucharistic Minister after her pastor read an opinion piece she wrote for the local newspaper approving of same-sex marriage.
Beliveau explained her position to NCR: "At every juncture of this debate, we have to remind ourselves that we are dealing with heart, soul, and flesh human beings who are in love called and wired for relationship, including intimate relationships.".
"When anyone finds that other person in [his or her] life," Beliveau explained, "then we aspire to marriage, a noble and honorable way to live our lives."
Heterosexually married for 20 years, the mother of two daughters, and graduate student at Boston College's School of Ministry of Theology, Beliveau added, "To deny any couple [marriage] breaks my heart."
Perhaps most important, "People in same-sex marriage do not diminish my marriage or family." Rather, she said, "Anyone promoting committed, monogamous relationships enhance my life and that of my family."
After here guest column, "A Committed Marriage is a worthy Aspiration," Oct. 18, she received a letter from her pastor.
He wrote: "The Lewiston Sun Journal published a guest editorial by you which expressed views contrary to the Roman Catholic Church's teaching on the nature of marriage. ... In view of this publicly stated position of yours, I regret that you will not be eligible to exercise a public ministry in Prince of Peace Parish. More specifically, that means that I have decided that you are not to serve as a reader or minister of Holy Communion effective today ..."

Man! The Roman Catholic Church really, really hates gay marriage.