Catholic Bishops says Suicide Bombers are better than Gay marriage... | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Catholic Bishops says Suicide Bombers are better than Gay marriage...

More of the same...

http://ncronline.org/news/gay-marriage-supporter-removed-ministries

Man! The Roman Catholic Church really, really hates gay marriage.

I think they're just threatened by it. Gays aren't too sympathetic to the church either (with good reason) and the R.C's have it in their minds that sanctioning gay marriage is somehow the next step to the abolishment of the church.

I wish the Church would just step up and realize that they're only propagating hate when they should be promoting the more positive aspects of scripture, you know, like love and acceptance.

But it's so much more complicated than that. And it frustrates me to no end.

More of the same...

http://ncronline.org/news/gay-marriage-supporter-removed-ministries

Man! The Roman Catholic Church really, really hates gay marriage.

This one I kinda get, the Church has taken a clear stance on the political matter. Though it has more to do with politics then with Church doctrine. She by writing out her beliefs has made herself against the church. And so if they couldn't persuade her otherwise she would have to leave. I don't know the entire circumstances behind the event so I can't say that either are wrong, but each has a point to make and each are valid.

This one I kinda get, the Church has taken a clear stance on the political matter. Though it has more to do with politics then with Church doctrine. She by writing out her beliefs has made herself against the church. And so if they couldn't persuade her otherwise she would have to leave. I don't know the entire circumstances behind the event so I can't say that either are wrong, but each has a point to make and each are valid.

So if someone takes a stance just for gay marriage, then that suddenly makes them unworthy of teaching all other aspects of Christianity?

The whole, "You are with us 100% or are against us 100%" mentality of the Church is one of the things I find so disheartening.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
The church has all the right in the world to be against gay marriage and they have all the right in the world to 'banish' someone who is for gay marriage.

Now, I'm not saying I agree with them. I completely disagree. But the fact remains that they have all the right in the world to do so and that is in no way 'wrong' in any legal sense.

So if someone takes a stance just for gay marriage, then that suddenly makes them unworthy of teaching all other aspects of Christianity?

The whole, "You are with us 100% or are against us 100%" mentality of the Church is one of the things I find so disheartening.
The thing to remember here is, while one pastor (or even a million) said this, not all believe it to be true. It's the people who are at fault, not necessarily the 'church'.

The catholic church is in reality satanic

The church has all the right in the world to be against gay marriage and they have all the right in the world to 'banish' someone who is for gay marriage.

Now, I'm not saying I agree with them. I completely disagree. But the fact remains that they have all the right in the world to do so and that is in no way 'wrong' in any legal sense.

Just remember that when the Church is preaching that people need to be tolerant of their opinion towards gay marriage that this is how tolerant they are towards supporters of it.

The thing to remember here is, while one pastor (or even a million) said this, not all believe it to be true. It's the people who are at fault, not necessarily the 'church'.

When it is the official position of the Church, then yes, it is "the church". Let's not bullshit about it.

I'm not saying that every member of the church holds such an opinion, but the Church has made it clear that they have a zero tolerance policy in regards to gay marriage. If you need proof, look no further than the reality that they would expel a member for agreeing with gay marriage, but not even penalize an official leader for saying that suicide bombing is better than gay marriage.

If you wish to agree with the beliefs of such an organization, then that is your priority, but I'm not going to pretend that Roman Catholic Church does not regard a married same sex couple as lower than the 9-11 hijackers.

Last edited:
what!?!?! a bishop said that?!?!?

no way........

that's sad

It's terrible that anybody of the Christian faith, which is said to value life, would honestly choose suicide bombing over the union of two loving individuals.

This is far too extreme.

If you wish to agree with the beliefs of such an organization, then that is your priority, but I'm not going to pretend that Roman Catholic Church does not regard a married same sex couple as lower than the 9-11 hijackers.
Whoah whoah, let's slow down there. I agree with most everything you said except what I am quoting here.

The news link you posted is from a bishop in Guam; not the Vatican. To say the whole church thinks this way is extrapolating one snippet from what a guy on an island said. I agree, the statement is a horrible one, but I don't see how it paints the whole Catholic Church in a way that is saying terrorism is better than same sex couples.

(Correct me if I'm wrong though. My understanding is this is the propaganda of a diocese in Guam. If it was in fact originated by the Vatican, then I agree with you)

Here's the link to the whole statement (it's really warped)

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/13611117/In-Bill-185-the-Stakes-are-Very-High

Whoah whoah, let's slow down there. I agree with most everything you said except what I am quoting here.

The news link you posted is from a bishop in Guam; not the Vatican. To say the whole church thinks this way is extrapolating one snippet from what a guy on an island said. I agree, the statement is a horrible one, but I don't see how it paints the whole Catholic Church in a way that is saying terrorism is better than same sex couples.

(Correct me if I'm wrong though. My understanding is this is the propaganda of a diocese in Guam. If it was in fact originated by the Vatican, then I agree with you)

Here's the link to the whole statement (it's really warped)

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/13611117/In-Bill-185-the-Stakes-are-Very-High

Yes, I particularly like the part about how allowing gay marriage will be the end of Western civilization.

You remember the sexual abuse cases that plagued the Roman Catholic Church? Do you remember how the church officially responded to those accusations?

In a defiant and provocative statement, issued following a meeting of the UN human rights council in Geneva, the Holy See said the majority of Catholic clergy who committed such acts were not paedophiles but homosexuals attracted to sex with adolescent males.
That is right. It was the gays that did it!

And the Vatican didn't exactly jump out and condemn the bishop's comments, did they?

The official position of the church is that "homosexual acts are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved."

The Church has made it very clear how it feels about gays and gay marriage. They argue that gays "must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided." but then argue that gays molest alter boys and then allow representatives of the Church to argue that suicide bombers are better than gay marriage. Exactly where do you think that the Church does not view the issue any differently than the Bishop explained it?

Last edited:
Exactly where do you think that the Church does not view the issue any differently than the Bishop explained it?

The burden of proof is not on me, it's on you. You said the Catholic Church believes that gays are worse than 9/11 terrorists. I'd like some proof beyond some guy on an island in the middle of the pacific.

Yes, I particularly like the part about how allowing gay marriage will be the end of Western civilization.

You remember the sexual abuse cases that plagued the Roman Catholic Church? Do you remember how the church officially responded to those accusations?

That is right. It was the gays that did it!

And the Vatican didn't exactly jump out and condemn the bishop's comments, did they?

The official position of the church is that "homosexual acts are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved."

The Church has made it very clear how it feels about gays and gay marriage. They argue that gays "must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided." but then argue that gays molest alter boys and then allow representatives of the Church to argue that suicide bombers are better than gay marriage. Exactly where do you think that the Church does not view the issue any differently than the Bishop explained it?
Why can't you leave it alone?
Are you Catholic?
Do you want to be "Saved" by the catholic understanding, and practice of Christianity?

Christians believe stupid things, why can't you just let morons be morons?

Seek truth objectively, and seek the correct path individually.

The burden of proof is not on me, it's on you. You said the Catholic Church believes that gays are worse than 9/11 terrorists. I'd like some proof beyond some guy on an island in the middle of the pacific.

ROFL! That is exactly what I thought.

I already provided the proof. The Roman Catholic Church has done nothing to repudiate the man's statements.

Why can't you leave it alone?
Are you Catholic?
Do you want to be "Saved" by the catholic understanding, and practice of Christianity?

Christians believe stupid things, why can't you just let morons be morons?

Seek truth objectively, and seek the correct path individually.

As long as such people make choices that affect my life, I will remind them of exactly what they believe and support.

They don't make choices of your life.

Politicians do. Remind them of the hypocrisy, and how strong the homosexual, and homosexual support vote is, compared to catholics.