Can you sense someone's energy online? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Can you sense someone's energy online?

Wow. This is such an interesting question!

Uh, yes and no for me. I haven't made up my mind if it really is a 'vibe' I'm getting, or if it just happens to be a tendency to agree or disagree with the majority of what the person is posting. I also don't know if it's me guessing at a person's nature from what they're writing, and sort of filling in the blanks about what I've felt about a similar person I've met in real life; or if it really is an inkling of that actual presence you sense when dealing with a person face to face.

I'd like to think it of it as an intermingling of both personal expectations and genuine vibes. Goodness knows, I've been very wrong about people online before (thinking it was their 'energy'). And then, frighteningly right despite all textual evidence of the contrary

Some more than others. I do tend to connect more with people I have a warm and fuzzy feeling about. I understand that it's me having that feeling, but it seems to materialize from 'them' - the words on the page contain a latent energy - like the person parcelled up their feelings and I unwrapped them and recieved a hug, or whatever. It's nice when it happens. :smile:

This is a cute explanation, Elfy. It made me smile. :)

Last edited:
Those who answer in the affirmative must provide some instant psychoanalysis for the rest of us.

It's intuition, baby.

Absolutely! Not with everyone, of course. But intentions ring true or not. Hurt rings through, sometimes specific, unspoken hurts. I trust my gut more than anything, and as long as I do, it doesn't steer me wrong... usually. Words on a page contain a thousand meanings, but when you read into the contexts those words are written in and the groupings of negative or positive phasing, the metaphors, the personal vs. impersonal pronouns and so on, you get a pretty good idea of the structure of intent. And with intent, you pull back the shroud of autonomy and see a glimpse of the heart exposed.

Most people on the internet have found this kinda creepy, so I tend to keep this information to myself... but, well, you asked.

Those who answer in the affirmative must provide some instant psychoanalysis for the rest of us.

But psychoanalysis is so boring....

*stomps foot*

Could you guys elaborate a bit?
Yeah, really.

How do you know you're actually reading someone else's energy and not projecting feelings onto the context of those words?

If anything, I'd say it's just possible to read between the lines of what is said and pick up on the hurt and intent there. Nothing metaphysical.

Last edited:
Absolutely! Not with everyone, of course. But intentions ring true or not. Hurt rings through, sometimes specific, unspoken hurts. I trust my gut more than anything, and as long as I do, it doesn't steer me wrong... usually. Words on a page contain a thousand meanings, but when you read into the contexts those words are written in and the groupings of negative or positive phasing, the metaphors, the personal vs. impersonal pronouns and so on, you get a pretty good idea of the structure of intent. And with intent, you pull back the shroud of autonomy and see a glimpse of the heart exposed.

Most people on the internet have found this kinda creepy, so I tend to keep this information to myself... but, well, you asked.

And by "not with everyone" you mean you INFJs aren't gonna tell me how I feel, right? :(

Heh.

Well, they have to test their theory out on SOMEONE.

Who better than I?

Well... I've been thinking about it this afternoon, and I guess it's just simply to do with intuition.

When I read a post, somehow I begin to formulate a presence to the member, and often times, after reading a few more posts to get to know them better, I realize that I am usually close or correct. When I say formulate, I suppose it could be also mentioned that I feel open to the presence of the poster and the more curiosity I attach to the user, the more their presence becomes clearer and stronger to me.

I'm not sure why or how this happens, so I guess it's just plain and simple "intuition".

...and no, for me, it's not what, how or from direction the post reads, as these things become the proof to myself that I was right, or more or less correct about how I sensed the user to be during reading further posts...

Reactions: Gaze
Yep ;)

I just don't understand an affirmative answer that cannot be explained other than by saying, "it's intuition."

It makes sense if you're able to read between the lines of what is posted, as I mentioned before. That's being perceptive and a good communicator. But to sense energy?

Last edited:
Yes, however the accuracy of it is not as reliable then in person.