Can you sense someone's energy online? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Can you sense someone's energy online?

Read my energies?
You consider yourself generally a good person, but you are acutely aware of some past failures, and you sometimes worry about failing again. Your intelligence is somewhat above average (high enough so that you realize you are no world-class genius), and while helpful in academic and career ambitions, it sometimes leaves you disgusted by the stupidity of some other people, and therefore feeling at times isolated. You like interacting with people important to you, but you would not feel as comfortable being a career politician on the national level. Dishonesty bothers you, especially when you catch yourself being slightly dishonest.

Oh, and one more thing: you identify with the above description completely. :)

I guarantee none of you know what I'm feeling right now.

From my experience, I think INFJs can really only read the energies/moods of other F types.. or am I wrong in this?

Yep.

From my experience, I think INFJs can really only read the energies/moods of other F types.. or am I wrong in this?

That's easy though...F types typically put it right out there.

You consider yourself generally a good person, but you are acutely aware of some past failures, and you sometimes worry about failing again. Your intelligence is somewhat above average (high enough so that you realize you are no world-class genius), and while helpful in academic and career ambitions, it sometimes leaves you disgusted by the stupidity of some other people, and therefore feeling at times isolated. You like interacting with people important to you, but you would not feel as comfortable being a career politician on the national level. Dishonesty bothers you, especially when you catch yourself being slightly dishonest.

Oh, and one more thing: you identify with the above description completely. :)
My intelligence is average at best, but my curiousity and openness to new ideas and experiences challenges that. I'm probably too curious for my IQ score, actually. But I try anyway. I have to work hard at understanding things.

While I don't consider myself more intelligent than most people, I'm disgusted by those I encounter who aren't interested in questioning things--especially those ideas and opinons they hold so dear.

Dishonesty bothers you, especially when you catch yourself being slightly dishonest.
Very true. One thing I am acutely aware of is my hypocrisy.

Close ::shrugs:: I can see where you'd get some of that from reading my posts, though.

And by "not with everyone" you mean you INFJs aren't gonna tell me how I feel, right? :(
Heh.

Well, they have to test their theory out on SOMEONE.

Who better than I?

First off, I know very little about the whole MBTI thing. Somebody I used to know on a forum I was banned from a while ago sent me her guess of my MBTI score or type or whatever and it was INFJ - I took the test (from several sites) and it came back the same each time. I did a bit of research because it was one of the best descriptors I had seen of myself, and here I am. I wouldn't know your MBTI type from a rabbit in a hutch as far as the psudo psychology goes.

I can, however, tell that you are one of those skeptics that need to define everything in your life down to how many grains of sand are at the bottom of your aquarium - more likely to hold a reptile than fish. You seek order by creating chaos, using people's emotions like dust bins thrown up to see the direction of the wind. They are dirty things, are they not? Easily manipulated and pushed in certain directions and you feel that as long as you are outside them, apart, you will remain pristine? More than anything my intuition raises questions, and those questions tend to be answered by the words people post on pages, and the words they don't.

I'll put it another way - I like you. I sense in you a mischievous twist, an off-center but logical mind that is not malicious; grudgingly helpful, as matter of fact. I would guess you are a joker with a melancholy bent. Consciously denying what you subconsciously seek, and finding it, you poke it with a stick to see how it reacts.

Now we come to the part where you tell me I'm totally wrong, or maybe that I read your past posts or whatever it is that you need to say to make my gut level reactions make sense in your eyes. I can't tell you how you feel; just what motivates my feelings towards you.

Reactions: Ria
Close ::shrugs:: I can see where you'd get some of that from reading my posts, though.

Actually I was trying to utilize the Forer Effect there. Present the same description to a friend and let me know what se says. :pop2:

Hah!

I was totally ready to believe that you had actually meant any of that. Ya got me!

Last edited:
Actually I was trying to utilize the Forer Effect there. Present the same description to a friend and let me know what se says. :pop2:

The same thing these street corner psychics use these days.

Yes, I can feel other people's energy pretty often online and the evidence is that I get goosebumps and headaches depending on the type of interactions I'm having and in some instances my face warms up as well. When someone is in a depressive mode I can usually feel it unconsciously and it manifests itself that being in a perfect mood I suddenly feel down and depressed myself even though the person doesn't apparent that but later I find out that they were through other means.

Edit: I forgot to add, yes these could all be superstition from my part and I respect every individual who comes up with " How do I know you're saying the truth?" and I agree, it can't be proven. However, I sometimes hope that these feelings were just mine and not somebody else's as I have enough burden to sustain myself that I have on top of that feel other people's feelings as well.

DISCLAIMER: You telling me to ask how you are feeling at this time will not work since this happens so spontaneously and when least called for.

Last edited:
Man I don't even know who I am half the time, never mind you lot. Ha! I don't know about sensing anyone's energy but I think I can be perceptive when I bother to be. Or presumptuous. Take your pick.

Man I don't even know who I am half the time, never mind you lot. Ha! I don't know about sensing anyone's energy but I think I can be perceptive when I bother to be. Or presumptuous. Take your pick.

I believe this is accurate (not you personally, but the whole idea that you can know someone else's feelings over the internet or know someone's motivations in real life).

No wonder Fe can bother me so much. :/

I believe this is accurate (not you personally, but the whole idea that you can know someone else's feelings over the internet or know someone's motivations in real life).

No wonder Fe can bother me so much. :/

It's weird, your skepticism doesn't bother me as much as it had a few months ago Duty. You can have my "Fe", it's yours, take it!....thinking about it, you can have my Ni as well

Wow, a lot going on in this thread! I'll chime in with my two-cents. Yes, I think you can pickup someone's "energy" online. It also depends though on your definition of "energy". Can IndigoSensor pickup my aura online, doubtful. Can you read my mind right now? (these word don't count) If so you should be out finding serial killers and lost children.

However, can you get someones "vibe" online? Yep. It's taken into us in a variety of ways. The words we choose, how we use them, how many we use (or don't use), what we chose to comment on, yes--even the monkeys. Those who choose to post pictures add to their "vibe". All this is processed in the conscious and sub-conscious mind (there's that Ni again!) It's harder online than in person, but it's possible.

Last edited:
I mean really all you guys are doing is banking off posts and making generalizations about people- which we all do to a certain extent but the conclusions you guys are able to make are wiggedy whack! I used to do the same thing when I pretended to be an INFJ, I used models and scales to help me generalize people. I'd ask them their sign and then pull up their chart and offer general but complex sound things about their 'personality'. If they didn't catch on to one thing I said, I'd contradict myself and bring something else up in the chart that explained my confusion and why they felt differently. All my friends bought it; everyone loves people telling them about themselves, especially in a positive light. It's the best to do in groups, I had one kid who I didn't even know with his jaw dropped open so wide that he gave me his phone number and email address JUST so I could send him more information. It's a babe magnet dude.