Barack Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Barack Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize

Pres. Obama: Do you think he should've won the Nobel Peace Prize?

• Yes, definitely

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Maybe, when he's accomplished more

Votes: 19 42.2%
  • No

Votes: 23 51.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
...just another smokescreen to hide all the real issues...

What did Obama to deserve that one? Thats all I want to know.

Yeah I agree that award systems of this kind are a bit flawed.

I think the guy who deserves it was a the russian sub commander who countermanded an order to use nuclear weapons during the Cuban missile crisis

And why didn't Ghandi get one WTF

Woodrow Wilson got one but his strain of Wilsonian idealism did more harm then good.

And Stalin and Hitler both one man of the year.

Can people be anymore backwards with who they give awards to?
:m194:

I love the comment on The Onion "Oh, to be honored among such towering presidents as Woodrow Wilson and Jimmy Carter."

LOL

Seriously though, while Obama hasn't yet actually done anything to merit the prize (not to say he won't), he is hardly the most controversial peace prize recipient.

Like the 'terrorists' in this list for example:
http://listverse.com/2007/10/17/top-10-controversial-nobel-peace-prize-winners/

I don't think he even did anything.

At least he was classy and downplayed it... no i don't think he deserves it... yet...

Given the amount of terrorists who have received it, and that Gandhi never got one, it's a bullshit award anyway.

It was setup by the guy who invented dynamite...

Dynamite has a violent chemical reaction, but it doesn't mean it's not peaceful. It's most common purpose is in mining.

It was used heavily in warfare and Nobel was called the merchant of death...
Also I'm bummed/angry that a structural biologist won the chemistry award for crystallizing a protein... using a technique that has been in place since the 60s

If i have $250mil laying around when I die I'll make a prize with more defined rules

Its the most extravagant award there is. It is a TRUE sign of Triumph and Recognition!!!

At least it is untill Obama is implemented in the Nobel museum and he recieves the award at the banquet in Stockholm City Hall :m079:

Right... and Kissinger was a noble example of the prizes ultimate greatness?

LAWL, I love how many point out the things he will ( which is really things they think he will do) do as a reason why he should have won the peace prize. That's like giving a doctor the Nobel prize for his claim that he one day will find the cure for cancer

Reactions: Lucifer
how you like him going around the globe shaking hands with everyone he meets? I wonder if he could've done that without the nobel prize if you see what I mean.