12 Signs Of An Unhealthy, Underdeveloped INFJ | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

12 Signs Of An Unhealthy, Underdeveloped INFJ

To be even more Myers-Briggs-y

I think my Ne full out exploded in the middle of my relationship with the ISFJ which changed who I was or at least what I grew into and what I needed

Ah, okay. Well, I might have skipped something there and filled in the blanks. Conversations surely are more interesting among intuitives (not "better", just more fitting, if you know what I mean). At least this is the case for my SO (INTP) and me.

Well, give it a try or not. You might as well find your very own way of that announcing bluntness idea. Overall, it doesn't only depend on cognitive preferences but also on personality and experience/habit how people react and deal with certain things.
Or your personal answer lies in patience, who knows..

:)

Thank you

Reactions: Impact Character
In looking back on it, I feel like being in a relationship with an ISFJ made me more “normal” and grounded

Although, I’m sure they’d say I was a piece of work and not “normal”

Thread is too easy. Yes, those are all symptoms, but not causes

It is the job of the people posting to make the thread complex if they want it to be complex. I'm cautious about opening up my mind and heart on this forum and you're proving why with your response. I also started this thread during a time when the forum was significantly more dysfunctional than it is now.
Also, the OP is cut and paste for the purposes of discussion.

My number one issue with INFJs forever and always will be their insistence on being sensitive, kind and or tactful with everything dealing with everyone else; yet, through their words and actions, they create hostility and cruelty

Eh. One of my biggest issues with being an INFJ is that people perceive me as sensitive, kind, and tactful when I'm only one of those things (kind).
I'm definitely not as tactful as Fe doms but as someone with Fe higher on my stack I am more tactful than those with Te/Ti higher in the stack.
I always tell people I am kind, not nice. Nice is frosting. You can put frosting on top of anything. Yes, I am often 'nice' but my default is to do the right thing over 'acting nice'.
I always try to do the kindest thing and I am full of compassion. If someone is acting like an asshole and I address it, I still have compassion but see that feeding or ignoring that behavior is not the right thing to do.
I'm really not that sensitive. I think that "high sensitive person" bullshit better describes Sensing Feelers.

From observation, people see me as a soft, delicate, sweet, nice person. I guess that is what I project. For the most part I am nice, understanding, listen, easy-going, and try to be helpful. If someone takes advance, screws me over, backstabs, bullies me, etc, I switch to warrior mode, though. They're always surprised that I have this inside me because they are hoping the "softness" they perceived also means I am a pushover, naive, innocent, etc. INFJs are perceived as soft pillows that will take every punch. We are not.
Fe helps me tap into what people are feeling. I adjust my sails according to whether the person is positive or negative, whether they need my compassion, or need to be avoided, or (worst case scenario) I need to prepare to tell them off if they verbalize the hostility I know they are feeling.

Like they can’t hold themselves to the standard they expect. It’s inauthentic, frankly

I agree we have high standards. It is not inauthenticity. You're dealing with immature INFJs or you're not digging deep enough to understand those standards. INTPs are so smart that you sometimes forget you didn't notice everything at first glance. I know INFJs can frustrate you (INTPS) for that reason.

For example, one of my biggest faults is my extreme loyalty. I know my loyalty is unreasonable. In situations that call for it, I try to weigh whether it is best to betray my loyalty or stick with it. Or maybe I am blindly loyal to someone but then they do something that I perceive as a breach so my loyalty for them disappears. For example: My loyalty for a partner will be 100%. If that person abuses me (verbally, emotionally, or physically) my loyalty will disappear because his behavior is a breach of contract. He will perceive me as a hypocrite because my actions from that point on will appear to conflict with the loyalty I once had for him. My new behavior may even seem especially uncaring.

I also don't expect anyone else to share my sense of loyalty because it is individual, just like love, kindness, etc. These attributes are philosophical and individual to each person. It is best to never expect others to have the same sense of love, loyalty, commitment, friendship, etc, as you do. Just be grateful they give you their version of it.

It’s a product of their function stack in my opinion...

Of course it is, and you are a product of your stack.

Ni is very sensitive and picks up impressions and insights in the moment to form what is perceived as truth (although it can be faulty more on that later)

Whenever you point out that Ni can be faulty I hear you saying, "I've had bad experiences with INFJs and I'm still wounded." That's OK. IMO, immature/young INFJs are a handful. So are a lot of other types, though. If there were a perfect type we'd all focus on developing that type's traits instead of discussing our own.

What's fascinating about your argument again INFJs is that in INTPs, Ti works to map information into simple, self-sufficient rules and principles and helps the user create their own mental system of the world. This doesn't sound too different from how INFJs work.

Fe filters and feels what is positive and negative and tries to express it in a way that promotes universal harmony.

Yeah. It is also what makes us want to go along with society, act polite, etc.

Please remember that it is natural for Ti doms (especially those who haven't developed their Fe) to feel threatened by Fe because Fe seeks to adapt to outside social influences that may conflict with the INTP's inner system that was so precisely created through the collected data of dominant Ti.

Ti analyzes it all to validate or understand it after the fact regardless of what they’ve picked up is accurate or not.

Again with the wounded, "INFJs are wrong," stuff. Do you want to discuss how the INFJs hurt you? Do you want to discuss how you hurt them, too? I'll listen. Really.

The good thing about INFJs is that they are insightful. The bad thing is that Ni, Ti, and under-developed Se can all work to help INFJs build a thesis supporting an error. Fe and developed Se give us the chance to collect outside data to catch ourselves.
Each MBTI can be wrong, though. If there were one type that was never wrong we'd let that type run the world and all other types would eventually die out.

Se is a forceful expression of control of the world except it’s their weak function so it comes off as unassertive or inhibited by Fe or the need for universal harmony.

What happen to Ni doms with inferior Se is the boring perception that Sensors (other people, the "sheeple") are shallow and that the material, where Se dominates, lacks meaning. It makes Ni/Se doms believe they are above others. What makes that funnier is that INFJs have Fe, so they believe they are better than others while also claiming to understand others.

When Se isn't well developed we will cherry pick sensory data to support our Ni concepts and this is how we reach the wrong conclusion. Fully developed Ni without developing inferior Se can cause us to stubbornly stick to those conclusions and fail to adapt when given new information. (This is where the "finding symbolism where there is none" stereotype works.) By middle age everyone should have developed their inferior. In the INFJ's case, we should have well-developed inferior Se unless we stubbornly kept suppressing and/or ignoring it. The point of the thread is to work on being healthy and well-developed.

Ti doms have much the same problem. Refusing to develop and use Fe can cause the Ti dom to have a narrow and often erroneous view of the world. The very thing Ti doms pride themselves on (unbiased, critical thinking) can be toppled by failure to develop Fe.

My point with mentioning Ti is to point out that all types, including your type, have weaknesses. The INFJ/INTP weaknesses are not really that different despite having different causes.

know the world can be overwhelming for them to which I can be very emphatic towards

I just don’t like when they can’t stop themselves from doing the same things they seem to dislike

This describes all human beings.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lady Jolanda
It's "THE WORLD", man...that'll fuck anybody up, regardless of their good intentions to stay or remain "healthy". You may grow up believing "do unto others as you would have done unto you", you know, the "golden rule". You expect others to do the same. How naive...you may have to spend years in environments where the "golden rule" must go out the window in order to ensure basic survival. Is it unhealthy to believe in the golden rule, yet have to justify the attitude of "all is permitted...just don't get caught"?

A lot of people, (especially those who can afford computers, time, and energy to go on forums like this) are pretty fortunate, probably haven't lived in conditions for too long where their vulnerability is a target and constantly threatened. At that point, "INFJ-ness", in all of its warm-hearted glorious-ness, goes out the window. The INFJ "cobra" is actually "healthy" in those conditions. It keeps you alive. It may save someone else's life - but it may have you do things you may wish you never had to do, (like hack, steal, take lots of drugs, pretend everything is ok, camouflage).

Having been in some pretty rough situations in life, not the very worst but pretty bad, I can say my ethics remained intact.
Have I done things I never thought I'd do when I set out? Sure, but never anything that compromised my core values.

What is the line for crossing those boundaries? When is it justified?

I've also never believed in basing my treatment of other people on the way I want to be treated, but instead treating people according to my ethical guidelines whether I am ever treated the same way or not. I mean, I've never factored into how I treat others.

It is the job of the people posting to make the thread complex if they want it to be complex. I'm cautious about opening up my mind and heart on this forum and you're proving why with your response. I also started this thread during a time when the forum was significantly more dysfunctional than it is now.
Also, the OP is cut and paste for the purposes of discussion.

I mean, you're kind of suggesting my point is valid with your response. I'm not judging anyone in a way that would cast them off or think of them any less really. Whether it's perceived or not

Eh. One of my biggest issues with being an INFJ is that people perceive me as sensitive, kind, and tactful when I'm only one of those things (kind).
I'm definitely not as tactful as Fe doms but as someone with Fe higher on my stack I am more tactful than those with Te/Ti higher in the stack.
I always tell people I am kind, not nice. Nice is frosting. You can put frosting on top of anything. Yes, I am often 'nice' but my default is to do the right thing over 'acting nice'.
I always try to do the kindest thing and I am full of compassion. If someone is acting like an asshole and I address it, I still have compassion but see that feeding or ignoring that behavior is not the right thing to do.
I'm really not that sensitive. I think that "high sensitive person" bullshit better describes Sensing Feelers.

Ehh, I mean, I hear INFJs talking about being overwhelmed and being sensitive a bit. I have had INFJs directly use the word sensitive to describe themselves several times here and in real life. Unprompted even. I'm not sure how tactful isn't a part of being kind to some degree. Also, I have heard INFJs (personal experience) really harp on "it's how you tell someone something"

From observation, people see me as a soft, delicate, sweet, nice person. I guess that is what I project. For the most part I am nice, understanding, listen, easy-going, and try to be helpful. If someone takes advance, screws me over, backstabs, bullies me, etc, I switch to warrior mode, though. They're always surprised that I have this inside me because they are hoping the "softness" they perceived also means I am a pushover, naive, innocent, etc. INFJs are perceived as soft pillows that will take every punch. We are not.
Fe helps me tap into what people are feeling. I adjust my sails according to whether the person is positive or negative, whether they need my compassion, or need to be avoided, or (worst case scenario) I need to prepare to tell them off if they verbalize the hostility I know they are feeling.

Oh, we're not as surprised by the "warrior mode" thing as much as you think. We are surprised at the degree of coldness the door sham is, though. I mean, it makes some sense unpacking it after the fact, but still

I agree we have high standards. It is not inauthenticity. You're dealing with immature INFJs or you're not digging deep enough to understand those standards. INTPs are so smart that you sometimes forget you didn't notice everything at first glance. I know INFJs can frustrate you (INTPS) for that reason.

If you can't handle what you're willing to dish out, then it's hypocritical. I prefer the term inauthentic, though

For example, one of my biggest faults is my extreme loyalty. I know my loyalty is unreasonable. In situations that call for it, I try to weigh whether it is best to betray my loyalty or stick with it. Or maybe I am blindly loyal to someone but then they do something that I perceive as a breach so my loyalty for them disappears. For example: My loyalty for a partner will be 100%. If that person abuses me (verbally, emotionally, or physically) my loyalty will disappear because his behavior is a breach of contract. He will perceive me as a hypocrite because my actions from that point on will appear to conflict with the loyalty I once had for him. My new behavior may even seem especially uncaring.

Eh, loyalty is earned and is not forever binding. If one describes themselves as kind, but will go "warrior" on them, then it's a little incongruent. That to me sounds more like having a streak of justice or being "fair" or "petty" depending on the context

I also don't expect anyone else to share my sense of loyalty because it is individual, just like love, kindness, etc. These attributes are philosophical and individual to each person. It is best to never expect others to have the same sense of love, loyalty, commitment, friendship, etc, as you do. Just be grateful they give you their version of it.

Of course it is, and you are a product of your stack.

Whenever you point out that Ni can be faulty I hear you saying, "I've had bad experiences with INFJs and I'm still wounded." That's OK. IMO, immature/young INFJs are a handful. So are a lot of other types, though. If there were a perfect type we'd all focus on developing that type's traits instead of discussing our own.

What's fascinating about your argument again INFJs is that in INTPs, Ti works to map information into simple, self-sufficient rules and principles and helps the user create their own mental system of the world. This doesn't sound too different from how INFJs work.

Well, that's what you're hearing, and not listening. I've seen INTJs do the same thing, too. And you're right: any type can make those of errors of jumping to conclusions. However, Ni doms tend to have so much confidence in their Ni and use it as willpower to make it a reality and forever binding, that it complicates things. Other types are either not "reading-between-the-lines" as much and or will be more patient in coming to a conclusion. The real errors come in reading things that could use more information before acting (while removing confirmation bias and personal agendas at the same time)

Nearly everything can incorporate a degree of relativity

Yeah. It is also what makes us want to go along with society, act polite, etc.

Please remember that it is natural for Ti doms (especially those who haven't developed their Fe) to feel threatened by Fe because Fe seeks to adapt to outside social influences that may conflict with the INTP's inner system that was so precisely created through the collected data of dominant Ti.

Threatened isn't the word I would use for Fe. Fe feels good. We love the way Fe feels. We tend to be cautious and question it because we know it can be a powerful, manipulative agent, and it gets in the way of critical thinking. Fe (like Te) is a system of control. We actually strive to have a high sense of finely tuned Fe incorporated into our existence, though. INFJs can be master manipulators with Fe in my experience

Again with the wounded, "INFJs are wrong," stuff. Do you want to discuss how the INFJs hurt you? Do you want to discuss how you hurt them, too? I'll listen. Really.

The good thing about INFJs is that they are insightful. The bad thing is that Ni, Ti, and under-developed Se can all work to help INFJs build a thesis supporting an error. Fe and developed Se give us the chance to collect outside data to catch ourselves.
Each MBTI can be wrong, though. If there were one type that was never wrong we'd let that type run the world and all other types would eventually die out.

Any type can be wrong, but we are on an INFJ forum where INFJ is usually a constant theme of discussion

What happen to Ni doms with inferior Se is the boring perception that Sensors (other people, the "sheeple") are shallow and that the material, where Se dominates, lacks meaning. It makes Ni/Se doms believe they are above others. What makes that funnier is that INFJs have Fe, so they believe they are better than others while also claiming to understand others.

When Se isn't well developed we will cherry pick sensory data to support our Ni concepts and this is how we reach the wrong conclusion. Fully developed Ni without developing inferior Se can cause us to stubbornly stick to those conclusions and fail to adapt when given new information. (This is where the "finding symbolism where there is none" stereotype works.) By middle age everyone should have developed their inferior. In the INFJ's case, we should have well-developed inferior Se unless we stubbornly kept suppressing and/or ignoring it. The point of the thread is to work on being healthy and well-developed.

Ti doms have much the same problem. Refusing to develop and use Fe can cause the Ti dom to have a narrow and often erroneous view of the world. The very thing Ti doms pride themselves on (unbiased, critical thinking) can be toppled by failure to develop Fe.

You're right. Trust me: I am well aware of how much irrationality has to be factored into rationality. And just how much imperfect human emotions are a part of everything

My point with mentioning Ti is to point out that all types, including your type, have weaknesses. The INFJ/INTP weaknesses are not really that different despite having different causes.

Sure. We are talking about weaknesses specific to INFJs. Make a thread about unhealthy INTPs, and I'll gladly share what happens and why. We're the worst! I know the whole we are all human thing gets thrown out a lot, but if we are all the same, then we would all have the same outcomes and perceptions during life, but that's not the case. Those causes and responses create big differences!

That should be celebrated! Enneagram 4s should be a type that knows and appreciates this more than any type

This describes all human beings.

There's a lot there--responses in bold blue

Last edited:
I love the INFJs "fighting style" by the way. It's like a kitchen sink of all kinds of fury being thrown at you. It's quite "Armageddon" like

And hilarious at how unrelenting it is

And before anyone might jump at me for saying that, I got the "Armageddon" description thing straight from an INFJs brain and mouth IRL

Reactions: 5ufvdee369jcdd
I've just jumped into the last page of this thread, but the determined vitriol against INFJs is still pretty jarring to read.

What's driving this, @ClevelandINTP? Something new?

If an INFJ wrote what I did, what would be the response?

This board tends to favor subjective truths from the mass more than collective thought with good intention to get to an objective understanding which is unsurprising yet a little disheartening

One day I'm going to do an MBTI social experiment of sorts where I'll have two accounts. One where I'll list my true type, and another where I post as another type but with the same thoughts, then measure the delta in terms of likes, approval and acceptance

Don't worry: I won't do it here

Lol. Would those same thoughts use the same words and phrased the same?

If my make a prediction, I think the response would be the same.

Maybe, maybe not. That's where the deep-faking would come in. Now, I think the response might be the same, but it might be delivered differently to "one of their own."

I don't really know; hence, the point of the experiment

Yeah but doesn't it suggest another step towards a future where faked content is indistinguishable from reality

That can be extrapolated to all kinds of warped outcomes

(Shakes fist in a joking manner. LOL!) You make me cut and paste, cut and paste!

I mean, you're kind of suggesting my point is valid with your response. I'm not judging anyone in a way that would cast them off or think of them any less really. Whether it's perceived or not.

I'm not here to argue against your points for the sake of arguing. I didn't say your point wasn't valid. I was simply clarifying why the OP was vague. :/

Wait, no, I mean (beep, beep, beep, alarm! alarm!) you're point is invalid! :D LOL

Ehh, I mean, I hear INFJs talking about being overwhelmed and being sensitive a bit. I have had INFJs directly use the word sensitive to describe themselves several times here and in real life. Unprompted even. I'm not sure how tactful isn't a part of being kind to some degree. Also, I have heard INFJs (personal experience) really harp on "it's how you tell someone something".

Yes, Feelers, including INFJs are better at wording things, being tactful, and picking up on social cues than Thinkers generally are. That said, I still say a ton of things that lack tact because INFJs aren't particularly gifted at "live" verbal communication despite (often) being gifted writers, plus we're awkward introverts. If you're around INFJs you'll notice we take long pauses because we need to gather in Ni, possibly collect evidence in Fe and Se, and weigh it in Ti before we can reply. There is a lot of room for error when talking "off the cuff" and that is where we lack tact and where we are at our weakest in debates.

We do tend to be thoughtful when having discussions with others, particularly about feelings.

I wouldn't categorize INFJs as "sensitive" in general. I know a lot of people on the forum feel otherwise and that is fair and fine.
As a rule, I think people who are Fi/Fe dom (meaning first in their stacks), young, or have under-developed Fi third or fourth in their stacks are more sensitive than Ni/Fe/Ti/Se. I think Se doms are more sensitive to their environments than INFJs, too.

Oh, we're not as surprised by the "warrior mode" thing as much as you think. We are surprised at the degree of coldness the door sham is, though. I mean, it makes some sense unpacking it after the fact, but still

You are not surprised by it because you know INFJs, but this has been a constant theme in my life.
Door slamming makes perfect sense. We become deeply invested in people. If that investment doesn't work out we may need to cut a person out of our lives. Other types ghost, which I think is rude as hell because ghosting "just happens", while door slamming has warning signs or a significant event as a catalyst. It's sort of six of one and half a dozen of the other. Both hurt.

If you can't handle what you're willing to dish out, then it's hypocritical. I prefer the term inauthentic, though.

I agree with this. I think it is true of anyone. This is not exclusive to INFJs.

Eh, loyalty is earned and is not forever binding. If one describes themselves as kind, but will go "warrior" on them, then it's a little incongruent. That to me sounds more like having a streak of justice or being "fair" or "petty" depending on the context

I agree with you about loyalty but I also say my loyalty is a fault because I see the logic and reasoning and my loyalty still wants to hang on.

No. Warrior mode is for people who don't deserve our kindness, at least in that moment, because they are being harmful, toxic, etc. Warrior mode is protection. Kindness isn't always nice. Kindness is doing what is best, what causes the least amount of harm, and is most helpful for either the individual or society, even if it doesn't come off as "nice".

Don't fall into the trap of thinking that being kind means being a pushover, being a victim, glossing over moments of growth without addressing them, or failing to stop a person from causing harm.

When I click into warrior mode the person has taken advantage or acted harmfully for a long time or is acting so toxic that it takes immediate action.

Well, that's what you're hearing, and not listening. I've seen INTJs do the same thing, too. And you're right: any type can make those of errors of jumping to conclusions. However, Ni doms tend to have so much confidence in their Ni and use it as willpower to make it a reality and forever binding, that it complicates things. Other types are either not "reading-between-the-lines" as much and or will be more patient in coming to a conclusion. The real errors come in reading things that could use more information before acting (while removing confirmation bias and personal agendas at the same time)

I keep going back to the fact that the people you have had bad experiences with are young/under-developed INFJs, or maybe even under-developed IXFPs. Your hostility toward INFJs on the forum doesn't help you see a different side of us either, because the more you push against us the more stubborn we will be. You really have it out for us. Hahaha.

The way you are describing this is not my experience with Ni. I don't use Ni to force anything or chisel anything in stone. I admit I do have moments with Ni where I know something is true, but I can tell these moments apart from other ideas and (being forever skeptical, even of myself) I investigate to make sure I am right. Ni is more of an idea mill. It isn't law.

I typically get along well with INTPs and we fuel each other's ideas and share good conversations about ideas. When I've had problems with INTPs it is because they fail to follow my logic and they don't ask for the map to be explained to them, they just think I'm being irrational.

Example: INTP wanted me to pay for a costly task halfway through my project. I wanted to wait until the end of the project when all my editing was complete before I paid a lot of money for said task. He thought I was being irrational and making a big mistake because I didn't follow his advice. He lost a lot of respect for me. He criticized my thought process as you described above. To this day we both think the other person was wrong.

Threatened isn't the word I would use for Fe. Fe feels good. We love the way Fe feels. We tend to be cautious and question it because we know it can be a powerful, manipulative agent, and it gets in the way of critical thinking. Fe (like Te) is a system of control. We actually strive to have a high sense of finely tuned Fe incorporated into our existence, though. INFJs can be master manipulators with Fe in my experience.

We can be manipulative, yeah, but that is typically true of immature/ unhealthy INFJs and during unhealthy moments such as break-ups where neither person is being their best self.

Any type can be wrong, but we are on an INFJ forum where INFJ is usually a constant theme of discussion.

Yes, I know. You will not let us forget that INFJs are awful, awful people. ;) :)

Sure. We are talking about weaknesses specific to INFJs. Make a thread about unhealthy INTPs, and I'll gladly share what happens and why. We're the worst! I know the whole we are all human thing gets thrown out a lot, but if we are all the same, then we would all have the same outcomes and perceptions during life, but that's not the case. Those causes and responses create big differences!

OK. Fair enough.
Nah, I wouldn't bother. In general, I really dig INTPs even though I know their faults and have learned some of the limits I should impose in my relationship w/ INTPs the hard way. (I have limits for everyone to keep relationships healthy, so don't think it is just for INTPs.)

That should be celebrated! Enneagram 4s should be a type that knows and appreciates this more than any type

Are you a 4? I guess I'm a 5x4, so...? I will try to get used to/ adapt to Enneagram. LOL LOL!

That depends on the popularity of said INFJ on the forum.

There is nothing new. It's an INFJ forum where one has thoughts on INFJs--is this illegal?

Hahaha, no. It is not illegal. :)

Last edited:
My argument is "unhealthiness" may not be a matter of choice or inherent "defect". It may be a result of uncontrollable circumstances. Could there be some value in those states of "unhealthiness"?

I remember in one of the worst periods of my life, I discovered two books that gave me the most hope at the time:
  1. Notes From The Underground, by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  2. The Myth of Sisyphus, by Albert Camus
When you are in a rut, alone, and angry at the world, these books are, IMO, very inspiring.

Unhealthiness is often not a matter of choice. Staying there can be a choice.

Yes, there is some value in whatever we experience and grow (survive) through.

Great books! YES!!!!

Reactions: 5ufvdee369jcdd
I wouldn't categorize INFJs as "sensitive" in general. I know a lot of people on the forum feel otherwise and that is fair and fine.
As a rule, I think people who are Fi/Fe dom (meaning first in their stacks), young, or have under-developed Fi third or fourth in their stacks are more sensitive than Ni/Fe/Ti/Se. I think Se doms are more sensitive to their environments than INFJs, too.
I agree!(!!!!). :sunglasses:

Reactions: Asa
(Shakes fist in a joking manner. LOL!) You make me cut and paste, cut and paste!

I mean, you're kind of suggesting my point is valid with your response. I'm not judging anyone in a way that would cast them off or think of them any less really. Whether it's perceived or not.

I'm not here to argue against your points for the sake of arguing. I didn't say your point wasn't valid. I was simply clarifying why the OP was vague. :/

Wait, no, I mean (beep, beep, beep, alarm! alarm!) you're point is invalid! :D LOL

Ehh, I mean, I hear INFJs talking about being overwhelmed and being sensitive a bit. I have had INFJs directly use the word sensitive to describe themselves several times here and in real life. Unprompted even. I'm not sure how tactful isn't a part of being kind to some degree. Also, I have heard INFJs (personal experience) really harp on "it's how you tell someone something".

Yes, Feelers, including INFJs are better at wording things, being tactful, and picking up on social cues than Thinkers generally are. That said, I still say a ton of things that lack tact because INFJs aren't particularly gifted at "live" verbal communication despite (often) being gifted writers, plus we're awkward introverts. If you're around INFJs you'll notice we take long pauses because we need to gather in Ni, possibly collect evidence in Fe and Se, and weigh it in Ti before we can reply. There is a lot of room for error when talking "off the cuff" and that is where we lack tact and where we are at our weakest in debates.

We do tend to be thoughtful when having discussions with others, particularly about feelings.

You are not surprised by it because you know INFJs, but this has been a constant theme in my life.
Door slamming makes perfect sense. We become deeply invested in people. If that investment doesn't work out we may need to cut a person out of our lives. Other types ghost, which I think is rude as hell because ghosting "just happens", while door slamming has warning signs or a significant event as a catalyst. It's sort of six of one and half a dozen of the other. Both hurt.

If you can't handle what you're willing to dish out, then it's hypocritical. I prefer the term inauthentic, though.

I agree with this. I think it is true of anyone. This is not exclusive to INFJs.

I agree with you about loyalty but I also say my loyalty is a fault because I see the logic and reasoning and my loyalty still wants to hang on.

No. Warrior mode is for people who don't deserve our kindness, at least in that moment, because they are being harmful, toxic, etc. Warrior mode is protection. Kindness isn't always nice. Kindness is doing what is best, what causes the least amount of harm, and is most helpful for either the individual or society, even if it doesn't come off as "nice".

Don't fall into the trap of thinking that being kind means being a pushover, being a victim, glossing over moments of growth without addressing them, or failing to stop a person from causing harm.

When I click into warrior mode the person has taken advantage or acted harmfully for a long time or is acting so toxic that it takes immediate action.

I keep going back to the fact that the people you have had bad experiences with are young/under-developed INFJs, or maybe even under-developed IXFPs. Your hostility toward INFJs on the forum doesn't help you see a different side of us either, because the more you push against us the more stubborn we will be. You really have it out for us. Hahaha.

The way you are describing this is not my experience with Ni. I don't use Ni to force anything or chisel anything in stone. I admit I do have moments with Ni where I know something is true, but I can tell these moments apart from other ideas and (being forever skeptical, even of myself) I investigate to make sure I am right. Ni is more of an idea mill. It isn't law.

I typically get along well with INTPs and we fuel each other's ideas and share good conversations about ideas. When I've had problems with INTPs it is because they fail to follow my logic and they don't ask for the map to be explained to them, they just think I'm being irrational.

Example: INTP wanted me to pay for a costly task halfway through my project. I wanted to wait until the end of the project when all my editing was complete before I paid a lot of money for said task. He thought I was being irrational and making a big mistake because I didn't follow his advice. He lost a lot of respect for me. He criticized my thought process as you described above. To this day we both think the other person was wrong.

Threatened isn't the word I would use for Fe. Fe feels good. We love the way Fe feels. We tend to be cautious and question it because we know it can be a powerful, manipulative agent, and it gets in the way of critical thinking. Fe (like Te) is a system of control. We actually strive to have a high sense of finely tuned Fe incorporated into our existence, though. INFJs can be master manipulators with Fe in my experience.

We can be manipulative, yeah, but that is typically true of immature/ unhealthy INFJs and during unhealthy moments such as break-ups where neither person is being their best self.

Any type can be wrong, but we are on an INFJ forum where INFJ is usually a constant theme of discussion.

Yes, I know. You will not let us forget that INFJs are awful, awful people. ;) :)

OK. Fair enough.
Nah, I wouldn't bother. In general, I really dig INTPs even though I know their faults and have learned some of the limits I should impose in my relationship w/ INTPs the hard way. (I have limits for everyone to keep relationships healthy, so don't think it is just for INTPs.)

Are you a 4? I guess I'm a 5x4, so...? I will try to get used to/ adapt to Enneagram. LOL LOL!

That depends on the popularity of said INFJ on the forum.

There is nothing new. It's an INFJ forum where one has thoughts on INFJs--is this illegal?

Hahaha, no. It is not illegal. :)

I mean, I'm talking grown-ass women damn near 40 INFJs are like this in my experience