Barack Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize | INFJ Forum

Barack Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize

Pres. Obama: Do you think he should've won the Nobel Peace Prize?

• Yes, definitely

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Maybe, when he's accomplished more

Votes: 19 42.2%
  • No

Votes: 23 51.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Whether or not you believe he is deserving of the award, how do you think he should use the opportunities given to him as an awardee?

(Please keep the comments civil and "peaceful") / Please avoid derogatory comments to anyone or groups. They aren't necessary. It is more than possible to criticize actions or behaviors objectively without overdoing it. Keep the tone of the criticism and comments civil.

Last edited:
Well if Bush can win Time's Man of the Year, why can't Obama win the Peace Prize?

Even if he didn't deserve it. 'Sides, what can he do with it he couldn't do with the presidency?

Last edited:
I think the whole idea of prizes outside competitions is a bit flawed. It's a nice political move though to give the prize to Obama. He will gain lots of momentum now.

I think the whole idea of prizes outside competitions is a bit flawed. It's a nice political move though to give the prize to Obama. He will gain lots of momentum now.

What kind of momentum do you think he has gained? What more do you think he can and should accomplish going forward?

Against the wishes of US Generals in Afghanistan, he's sent 40,000 more troops there. The SOLDIERS, Trained Warmakers, Wanted out.

How does that lead to peace?

Wow haha I was chocked to read the title to then find that he actually had not! xD That would have been bizzare. Though I think he has the potential and capacity of winning it, if he does good deeds.

Last edited:
It is just INSANE!!! HOW and WHY?
The Norwegian Nobel Committee must be extremely corrupt!!!!! The whole Nobel awarding just blackened and lost its grace!!!!

racist! :p

They gave one to Kissinger. Henry Kissinger the war criminal who cannot leave the USA without being arrested, tried and executed at The Hague.

O M G :( This makes me so worrysome, I don't understand what happened so suddenly for gods sake. I just DONT understand how they could even nominate a political person for it. On the list of all grande nobel prize winners, he shall be one of them?!?!?! NOOOO!!:m077:They just demonized and crushed the whole graceful grandiosity of the whole thing by awarding devious mediocracy.

ONE OF MY life goals was to win the nobel prize, now I'm not even sure I want to!!

Last edited:
I am simply going to chime in my opinion once:

He has done nothing to warrent winning a noble prize, and does not deserve winning on. This actually has made me mildly angry.

On another note, I am largely indifferent to Obama himself. I neither like nor dislike him

Gore won one to, though he cares more about the power and money he gets from his "green" efforts than he does the environment.

Basically saying these awards, sometimes it's hit or miss on who actually deserves them.

I'm angered by it too!!! I like/d Obama but now I have rather mixed emotions. Was he in on it? How can he even accept the award? Its all too Fishy!
I think he can kiss the health care reform goodbye now... Way to go.

I'm hoping for a world rebellion!!!