Anyone play instruments? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Anyone play instruments?

I have been playing the violin for 8 years, piano for 9, electric bass for 4, double bass for 5 (played in SFSYO), drums for 4, and guitar for 3.

I would like to learn the saxophone.

I used to play the Trumpet and Euphonium.

I now play the Piano and can sing, quite proficiently, if absolutely necessary.

Oh, vocals count now...?

:D

Ok. Then yes, I sing. I played violin when I was very young and played a mean recorder back in the day, but I never kept up with the lessons.

But I've sung in a couple places, and I do enjoy it. I usually have to sing with a group, though - I like to blend with others vocally and I rarely solo (too much stage fright).

I have been playing the violin for 8 years, piano for 9, electric bass for 4, double bass for 5 (played in SFSYO), drums for 4, and guitar for 3.

I would like to learn the saxophone.

I love you

When I was a child, I played clarinet and some of the other reeded instruments, and I had good exposure to analog synthesizers, modular and otherwise.

I can play a wind controller, play a guitar with an ebow, dabble on keys, play fairly tight rhythms on an octapad, and I can sing.

My interests are more on the sound design, engineering, mixing, and production side of things than the playing side these days.

I "play" synthesizers, beatboxes, and signal processors. :thumb:

cheers,
Ian

Piano for about 10 years :)
I started out with traditional lessons but everything kinda got screwed up and now I mostly play by ear.

Guitar for a year...teaching myself. It's usually fun but sometimes it gets frustrating when I need someone to actually show me how to do something.

I really want to learn ukulele. I think It'd be simple to figure out. Plus they are just so darn cute.

Oh and I can play recorder, too. Courtesy of my school's bizarro music classes.
When I'm older and actually have money, I want to learn violin or cello.

Long live making music! Oh and I love a good jam session.

Self taught piano and guitar and learned the violin up until 5th grade then quit.
I also sing and write my own songs :)

I play bass guitar and violin, also a little bit of these:

• Piano
  • Double bass
  • Guitar
  • Clarinet
I'm just driven to music..I suppose. But, I favour my bass.

I play guitar, bass, trumpet, drums, banjo, mandolin, cello, any stringed instrument I can get my hands on.

I've always struggled with reading notes. I play by ear, and I think about music theory very little. Sometimes it comes in handy though. It'd be amazing to be able to read music and play piano.

Lot's of musicians here...
lets start a band!

I've got an idea for an all electric guitar band...
there could be 50 of us.

Imagine the beautiful racket we could make.

It'd be like a hurricane!

I swear to God, I WILL be a rockstar someday

wow! I think an jam session is in order...

I love stringed instruments. I also forgot to mention I do sing in a chorus...or did. We got to perform Carmina Burana with a local college chorus. It truly was a great experience.

I've played guitar off-and-on for about 8 years.
I write a bit of music, too. Some of it guitar related, some of it not.
I only write actual music, though, no lyrics.
I don't really sing, although I was a bass in 8th grade choir.

played piano for about 12 years

played clarinet for about 2 years in concert band

sang in a vocal jazz group for about 2 years in highschool

my sister has a guitar and she's always urging me to learn it, but i haven't gotten to it yet and so far only know how to play a couple of songs

Born with an ear for music. Only one song has haunted me this past year...a piano tune. One of these days I may try it again.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4528755362331346235
"My Memory" on piano
For some reason I cannot put the pieces together....my memory fails me. Maybe I should further frustrate myself and try to learn how to read music. It would be so much easier if the piano were in tune with the song maybe. Guess I toy with music more than play it. Guitars are fun, too.

Last edited:
Just me,

That sounds exactly like my issue. I bought a reading music book because frankly I'm sick of being inhibitted by that lack. It's like I'm all ear and no musical reading skills o_O

I'll give your posted link a whirl, though. I love challenging my ear (oh goody, just what I need)