Anyone play instruments? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Anyone play instruments?

OMG I think I burst a lung from laughing!!! THIS IS HYSTERICAL!!!!!!!

Yet another thing I find ammusing to no end: out of tune instruments.

[YOUTUBE]zHtQc0WZJLc[/YOUTUBE]

Piano for a few years now. Can play most things put in front of me with a bit of time.

Played cello for two years and enjoyed it, but stopped when I got sick of people asking me if it was a guitar.

Tell me, does a cello really look like a guitar?

No.

:m075:
Well, you know it can get pretty confusing with those electric celli...

OMG I think I burst a lung from laughing!!! THIS IS HYSTERICAL!!!!!!!

Yet another thing I find ammusing to no end: out of tune instruments.

[youtube]zHtQc0WZJLc[/youtube]

Ouch that hurt me ears broddar.

I used to play accordian, I might take it up again someday.

i play the piano, drums, guitar, and clarinet.
i taught myself to play the piano and read sheet music
the rest i had some teachers to help me

by the way Zanshin...are you in a martial art or somthin? like kendo or aikido?

I played the clarinet for 7 years but gave up in High school for drama.. I taught myself the piano though sold mine a few years ago...I miss it greatly

Aww...that sucks Entyqua :(

Guitar here, i've been playing for about 4 years, i'm not that great -- but am starting to get the hang of the scales and my fingers are finally starting to become fast. In the grand scheme of things though, I'm still kinda sucky.

I've dabbled with the keyboard but havent become great at it (its still satisfying to re-derive a song by ear)

Anyways, I think the drums are interesting -- and have a decent grasp of doing that thing where you work the kick pedal and snare while using the hi-hat on every 1/4 beat. But am far from being a drummer (drum sets are fricken expensive!)

Self consciousness when playing in front of other people makes things worse, but I feel I'm starting to overcome it, little by little.

One of my favorite clips is watching the super-young drummer boy go at it for "The Boys of Summer". Never tried 'em, though. Maybe he could inspire you some??
http://www.bendecho.de/7d90fb89e1-don-henley-boys-of-summer-1984

Last edited:
Dammit I am so jealous of you all! Especially dissonance.. I want to learn the drums real bad.. and scream and flail around during sets..
I told my friend G who plays if he gives me lessons I will pay him in philosphical puns due to being broke.. but hasn't happened. Children who are introduced to (not forced into) musical lessons are so lucky. If I ever have kids, I will make it a point to expose them to instruments and music lessons.

Dammit I am so jealous of you all! Especially dissonance.. I want to learn the drums real bad.. and scream and flail around during sets..
I told my friend G who plays if he gives me lessons I will pay him in philosphical puns due to being broke.. but hasn't happened. Children who are introduced to (not forced into) musical lessons are so lucky. If I ever have kids, I will make it a point to expose them to instruments and music lessons.

Don't go overboard, though. My mom really fucked me up forcing instruments on me. Then again, my mom was a pretty awful parent anyway, so I may have been more open to the exact same actions if my parents were different.

Don't go overboard, though. My mom really fucked me up forcing instruments on me. Then again, my mom was a pretty awful parent anyway, so I may have been more open to the exact same actions if my parents were different.
God no, I would never force anything. It's just that growing up, I guess I never had the opportunity to try it out, or it never occurred to me to ask for music lessons..

I have a friend who is an excellent musician. He can play just about anything..But his parents really forced music lessons on him from a young age..
He plays the drums and looks like a little hummingbird all the while.. Despite all his talent, he has no real heart for it--it's more like a chore for him. He was in a band with my ex-bf. Ex boy always complained about how trying to motivate said drummer was like trying to get a kid to do his homework.

He quit the band and to this day, he still doesn't play anything.
Pretty sad..

Last edited:
Trumpet in grade/high school. Since then I have picked up the guitar.

Would you consider music designing programs as an instrument? I know it's a silly thought.

I play keyboards \o/

Also, I used to play Baritone Horn, but it got boring since it's quite a marginal instrument.

I used to play the Violin some years ago. Oh, and I've been rocking out on my air guitar for about a decade now. Anyone want to form an Air Band? :m182:

I used to play the Violin some years ago. Oh, and I've been rocking out on my air guitar for about a decade now. Anyone want to form an Air Band? :m182:
heck yes!!!! *hold my air microphone in position*... (cant do air clairinet or keyboard so im on vocals man!!)

Can play properly - Organ, Piano, Violin

A little - Guitar, Accordian

Want to learn - Trumpet, Saxophone

The main one for me is the piano. Generally am happyest when I play by ear. I write my own music too from time to time, tends to have a jazz/swing sound and style to it.