Anyone play instruments? | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

Anyone play instruments?

It depends on the style you use. The tourist version (bamboo) is very good for a deep sound but your technique is the key...

People often blow too hard, and that will not get the right resonation within the tube, thus you will hear your mouth more than the actual instrument.

Tips: Learing how to circular breath.
The best method is to get a glass of water and a straw. The basic concept is this;
You blow bubbles until your lungs are only half full.
This is the tricky bit, you must fill your cheeks/mouth with as much air as you can.
Then you seal off you airway to your mouth as you would if you were going to drink something, when you do that you must use your cheek muscles to keep the air flow going. At the same time breath in through your nose.
To begin with, many small, sharp breaths are easier, then once you have the technique and you are able to control your cheeks more, you will be able to take bigger breaths.

Reactions: Nela
It depends on the style you use. The tourist version (bamboo) is very good for a deep sound but your technique is the key...

I didn't even know there was a difference..

People often blow too hard, and that will not get the right resonation within the tube, thus you will hear your mouth more than the actual instrument.

Yeah I do that. :D

Tips: Learing how to circular breath.
The best method is to get a glass of water and a straw. The basic concept is this;
You blow bubbles until your lungs are only half full.
This is the tricky bit, you must fill your cheeks/mouth with as much air as you can.
Then you seal off you airway to your mouth as you would if you were going to drink something, when you do that you must use your cheek muscles to keep the air flow going. At the same time breath in through your nose.
To begin with, many small, sharp breaths are easier, then once you have the technique and you are able to control your cheeks more, you will be able to take bigger breaths.

Okay I'm definitely gonna try that. Sounds difficult though. :suspicious: Thanks for your advice!

Real didgeridoos are made from wood hollowed out by termites.... as you can imagine that is easier said than found... So you can get man made ones, but they need to split the wood to hollow it out properly and the split ruins the sound a bit (only a prof will hear it... i wouldn't be able to tell the difference).
The tourist version is made out of bamboo, and is actually called a 'bamboozle'. It is easier to make because bamboo is straight so you do not need to split any wood to hollow it out. The walls of it are also alot thinner and less robust than the traditional version, thus adding to a deeper sound... but the traditional type will always sound better on the whole.

Piano 12+ years
Saxaphone 1 year ages ago, when young
Drums 1.5 currently

*sings in the shower