Anyone play instruments? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Anyone play instruments?

I play the electric guitar badly, the harmonica passably, and I play the skin flute with remarkable proficiency, I've been told. I'm a prodigy of sorts.

I play trumpet/coronet wish some proficiency and guitar with ignorant bliss..

I agree that intuitives have a natural attraction to music. Almost every of my intuitive friends play somekind of instrument. My brother ENFP plays drums, my two ENFJ friends play guitar, INTJ friend plays piano, and I play guitar and drums my self.

Last edited:
I majored in music, specialized in voice, but I can play everything except bowed string instruments and the damn trombone

Bass, Piano, Accordion and hopeful to obtain a hurdy-gurdy and learn how to play it.

guitar currently. previously the guzheng and piano ( only a bit).

and a question from plankton : " do instruments of torture count? :peace:

Guitar here, i've been playing for about 4 years, i'm not that great -- but am starting to get the hang of the scales and my fingers are finally starting to become fast. In the grand scheme of things though, I'm still kinda sucky.

I've dabbled with the keyboard but havent become great at it (its still satisfying to re-derive a song by ear)

Anyways, I think the drums are interesting -- and have a decent grasp of doing that thing where you work the kick pedal and snare while using the hi-hat on every 1/4 beat. But am far from being a drummer (drum sets are fricken expensive!)

Self consciousness when playing in front of other people makes things worse, but I feel I'm starting to overcome it, little by little.

Last edited:
I play the flute! I used to play cello (and would love to take it up again someday...), and I'm learning the piccolo and bass guitar (as soon as we can sort out getting one...I was supposed to have one for Christmas, but it's not working out...)

Violin. I used to play it but stopped in junior high. *sigh* I miss it so.

Played the piano for seven years.

But I was a very bad grasshopa

I played the violin for a year back in elementary school, then I moved and never got around to doing it again.
I've always missed it, I wish I could play again.

do re mi fa so la ti do :D

the perfectionist in me says:
do re me fa sol la ti do
sorry, had to.

I play the bassoon. I also played piccolo in a marching band when I was in high school but I haven't practiced it much since then.

On a somewhat related note, I like reading about and observing the personality types of people who play different orchestra instruments. I don't think there's a MBTI-type correlation though.

Piano for a few years now. Can play most things put in front of me with a bit of time.

Played cello for two years and enjoyed it, but stopped when I got sick of people asking me if it was a guitar.

Tell me, does a cello really look like a guitar?

No.

:m075:

OMG I hate when this happens.. Im'm so sorry you had to go through ignorant people, not even knowing what a cello is haha. What I dont get is how they cannot tell a guitar apart from a cello.

I play piano as well and I love it :)