Why heteros are a lucky bunch... | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Why heteros are a lucky bunch...

Once HIV reaches 1% in America it will spread much more rapidly.

It'll never get that high in America. The number of new infections remains fairly consistant at between 35 to 40,000 each year.

And to think, this whole pandemic could have been stopped if the first who got the virus had been isolated.

To this day they don't know exactly where it started or exactly how it started.

I am so angry (on my shiny new computer) that you guys can throw my irish a** off this forum if I offend. When will people stop HATING each other.

We are all mirrors of each other. We ALL have humanity. I am going to use my anger to CHANT (PRAY) for peace and solidarity. If it was the intent of people to make other upset it worked.

It backfired . My sister is in the hospital and I was chanting for her to get a room. Now I am going to fuel my prayer for people to be happy and for 'poison into medicine.'

Poison is all the hate you guys are spewing onto the internet. Medicine is my prayer. I am determined to create value for all of this.

In Buddhism- "Buddhism teaches that no human being can exist in a state of total isolation: instead we congregate and live by supporting and helping one another. This philosophy opposes the idea of rejecting or shutting out certain persons or groups of people. If anything , the principle of dependent origination leads us to give the utmost consideration to how to enable others to reveal their potential , how to establish better human relations and how to create the greatest possible value."
SGI President Daisaku Ikeda The New Human Revolution volume 1 1995.

Buddhism does not discriminate. A good friend of mine was just appointed as a region leader for the Rainbow Lotus group. This group is for members that are gay, bisexual and transgendered. She is the first person to be appointed for this new position at SGI.
SGI does not discriminate!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
This sounds like some kind of us vs. them pity party.

Reactions: Afrelen
I hadn't detected any negativity in this thread except for one joke that bothered some, but the motivations seemed ready to explore an important topic and how it effects various populations. Granted it is a difficult topic because it causes so much suffering.

The only reason AIDs is so high among heterosexuals in Africa is because they traditionally practice anal sex for birth control and have higher rates of herpes due to sex workers, which dramatically increases chances of transmitting the HIV virus.
I'll try to look up some references, but I also understand there are myths created that says the only way to be cured of AIDS is to have sex with a virgin, and other such things in which the accompanying ideas also function as a contagion.

If it is passed through anal sex, I wonder how that does relate to heterosexual populations. I guess it is assumed that it is rare in that population? I wouldn't know, but would guess its frequency would vary between individuals and cultures.

That depends on whom you are asking.

As with the question if kissing can lead to HIV infection

Logic is certainly not something religious people have shown themselves to be very comfortable with...

I do Julia. People put others into convenient little packages with bows. Religious people this, gay people that, right winged people this. I am tired of it on so many levels.

It is demeaning to us all. It divides us all. It hurts us all.

Perhaps we are all used to it. Perhaps we all feel that it is ok to tolerate it. I feel that praying about it, and shining the light on it is the way to do it.

My sister has double pneumonia and is in the hospital which probably lowered my tolerance to this.

I just want to shine the light on the violence that is done when we label people. Labels hurt people. What about just calling us all people and call it a day!

What are you talking about? I though that there were a bunch of American Scientists that went to Africa to test out some newly engineered biological weapons on monkeys and they ended up creating HIV and spread it via homosexual relations that a few of them had.

;)

heee

Reactions: dneecey
I hadn't detected any negativity in this thread except for one joke that bothered some, but the motivations seemed ready to explore an important topic and how it effects various populations. Granted it is a difficult topic because it causes so much suffering.

I think this is true.
I think another reason it's a difficult topic is because peoples' worldviews are in conflict. When disagreement arises, the discussion tacitly shifts to simply justifying one's own worldview at the cost of the discussion.

I know I have been guilty of this in the past.

I am so angry (on my shiny new computer) that you guys can throw my irish a** off this forum if I offend. When will people stop HATING each other.

Cool your heels missy. We are exploring why heterosexuals in America are considerably less likely to contract HIV than homosexuals.

Half the 1.1 million people who are infected with HIV in this country are MSM (Men who have sex with men), despite the fact that only 3-5% of the population is gay. Of those heterosexuals who have the infection, most got it from intravenous drug use, anal sex, or blood transfusions, not through vaginal intercourse. As such, the primary way that HIV is spread in America is through anal sex.

nobody got the soviet joke....?

Cool your heels missy. We are exploring why heterosexuals in America are considerably less likely to contract HIV than homosexuals.

Half the 1.1 million people who are infected with HIV in this country are MSM (Men who have sex with men), despite the fact that only 3-5% of the population is gay. Of those heterosexuals who have the infection, most got it from intravenous drug use, anal sex, or blood transfusions, not through vaginal intercourse. As such, the primary way that HIV is spread in America is through anal sex.

(heels cooled)
I think that awareness needs to be raised. I have gone to many Voices Rising concerts (they are a Lesbian Choral group that sings for social justice.)

I know that this is about why Heterosexuals are Lucky in America as opposed to Gay men. I am going to persist in saying that we have to take care in being divisive. I am saying this sincerely.

When I see the title of the thread I (had a low life condition because of my sister) went to my knee jerk reaction which was to get angry at the divisiveness of everything.

I know that people are saying that some promote an agenda. But I really wonder at how this is going to create value by labeling and compartmentalizing.

Yes, perhaps heterosexual men are luckier. In all honest, sorry Satya, in the United States Gay men are luckier than people who contract aids around the world. I watched a documentary that was showing a man dying at home in Africa from Aids.

He was poor,
He had no money.
His family watched him die.

Honestly, if you ask me, Men in general are luckier then men in other countries around the world.

If it makes people feel better to put people in bows and label and divide them, great. I can't feel sorry for people that do that.

Negativity is not going to create value for Gay Mens health.

Starting an organization that pulls people together will create tremendous value.

Look at what Harvey Milk did? He was a hero! He brought people together.He inspired people. He treated people with respect. He did so much good are revolutionized San Francisco.

Maybe creating a movement such as the one that Harvey Milk created will move your cause forward. Maybe creating an organization for Men's health or something like that.

Satya, you have so much in you to drive this forward. Instead of talking about it. Do something about it. If you do something about it create value in the world, not splintering groups up.

Maybe creating a movement such as the one that Harvey Milk created will move your cause forward. Maybe creating an organization for Men's health or something like that.

Satya, you have so much in you to drive this forward. Instead of talking about it. Do something about it. If you do something about it create value in the world, not splintering groups up.

I actually volunteer at a local Mpowerment project called the Genesis Project. It is a state funded agency which seeks to change the norms of the gay community by creating peer groups that promote safer sex. I hope to start one of my own some day.

It seems you have some issues with division, which makes sense given you are a Buddhist, which means you probably hold a great fascination with the interconnection of the world. However, being divisive about divisiveness is not good either.

Last edited:
Meanwhile lesbians have virtually no risk to contract the disease.

I just want to shine the light on the violence that is done when we label people. Labels hurt people. What about just calling us all people and call it a day!
No need for me to label people, they do that themselves.

Really? The way I heard it is that Aids is being spread in the heterosexual community faster than in the gay one because people think it's a gay disease.

Really? The way I heard it is that Aids is being spread in the heterosexual community faster than in the gay one because people think it's a gay disease.

I'm not sure what the trends are in Australia.

At least you guys don't have to worry about accidentally making someone preggers.

Oh shit yes. I'd much rather have aids than children.

If you're lucky, they'll double up or even triple up on ya! Hey, you could even become the new "John and Kate Plus Eight", Aussie style!