Why heteros are a lucky bunch... | INFJ Forum

Why heteros are a lucky bunch...

Satya

C'est la vie
Retired Staff
May 11, 2008
MBTI
INXP
The chances of a heterosexual person contracting HIV from random unprotected vaginal sex with non-IV drug using heterosexual in the United States is 1 in 5 million. That means heteros are less likely to contract HIV from having random, unprotected sex than they are to be struck by lighting.

As long as heterosexuals stay away from anal sex and intravenous drugs, the odds of contracting AIDs from unprotected vaginal sex are virtually insignificant.

The only reason AIDs is so high among heterosexuals in Africa is because they traditionally practice anal sex for birth control and have higher rates of herpes due to sex workers, which dramatically increases chances of transmitting the HIV virus.

HIV is an anal sex disease. So in some sense, I guess it is true that it is a gay disease simply because gay guys are considerably more likely to practice anal sex.

Last edited:
Does this mean God actually DID send AIDS to punish the gays?

That ugly Ben, even if you meant it as a joke. Not approporiate and not funny.

Reactions: Satya
Does this mean God actually DID send AIDS to punish the gays?

If he did, then he did it to punish the promiscuous ones and not the monogamous ones. An HIV negative gay man in a committed, monogamous relationship with another HIV negative gay man could never give nor get HIV no matter how many times they had anal sex.

I've seen fundies carrying signs that say that.
They weren't even with WBC, or anything.

I found the sentiment kind of funny...
He rains fire and brimstone on Sodom and Gomorrah, but modern day gay people just get a virus?
: /

Last edited:
If he did, then he did it to punish the promiscuous ones and not the monogamous ones. An HIV negative gay man in a committed, monogamous relationship with another HIV negative gay man could never give nor get HIV no matter how many times they had anal sex.
Logic is certainly not something religious people have shown themselves to be very comfortable with...

Just a virus? Bio weapon, my friend. Bio weapon.

I've seen fundies carrying signs that say that.
They weren't even with WBC, or anything.

I found the sentiment kind of funny...
He rains fire and brimstone on Sodom and Gomorrah, but gay people just get a virus?
: /

In a global sense, the virus has probably killed more heteroseuxals and innocent children than homosexuals. If it was really God's intent to punish the gays, then he has awful aim. Of the 40 million people in the world who are infected, over half are in Africa.
AIDS_Map_Adults1.gif

Logic is certainly not something religious people have shown themselves to be very comfortable with...

I disagree. Some of the most logical people I have ever met are religious people. Of course, your conclusions are only as good as the premises you start out with no matter how good your logic is.

Effective, maybe.
But it lacks the showmanship of old times, y'know?

And he certainly didn't seem to take collateral damage into account.

Meh, I'm more into complexity than I am into flair. To each his own.

So you want an old-testament God? If I recall correctly he did have a plague or two in there.

Please correct if this is just my false perception but non-religious people seem to be obsessed with religious people (condemnation and generalization). But heck I just generalized the generalizers so who can really say?

Last edited:
In America, how does the prevalence of HIV among the gay community vs. the straight community compare today vs. the 80s?

I assume it's nowhere near as disproportionate...

This means I should always have unprotected sex and participate in the lottery. If I get AIDS, I may as well win the lottery, which will give me enough money to treat my condition well. [enfp mode, i guess]

Last edited:
In America, how does the prevalence of HIV among the gay community vs. the straight community compare today vs. the 80s?

I assume it's nowhere near as disproportionate...

Actually, with the introduction of antiviral drugs to treat HIV, gay men started having unprotected sex at high rates again due to a perception that HIV was no longer a serious ailment. Men who have sex with men are 50 times more likely to have the disease.

I remember getting tested for STDs in college and I asked my doc if I should get tested for HIV, he asked me if I was gay and I said no, so he said, probably not its not likely that you caught it unless you do IV drugs.

I told people this over the years and they went apeshit over it. I always knew it was not likely for a straight person to catch HIV from typical heterosexual activity, but its not 100% assured so I wrap up anyway. But still I remember when people would go nuts if you even pretended for a minute that HIV was anything remotely related to gays even though the numbers were pretty heavily skewed.

As long as both partners take the time to actually know each other i should not be a problem besides his statistics can be more of a burden to heterosexuals as they would get heir hopes up, start having unprotected sex like crazy and there, more heterosexuals have AIDS in many countries, just look at Africa for example, a continent in which many countries prohibit homosexual activity but the HIV rate is much higher. The problem is not sexuality, the problem is that people need to get informed, take precautions, and stop being so ignorant. This is not really a problem of a specific group but a problem of ignorance.

As long as both partners take the time to actually know each other i should not be a problem besides his statistics can be more of a burden to heterosexuals as they would get heir hopes up, start having unprotected sex like crazy and there, more heterosexuals have AIDS in many countries, just look at Africa for example, a continent in which many countries prohibit homosexual activity but the HIV rate is much higher. The problem is not sexuality, the problem is that people need to get informed, take precautions, and stop being so ignorant. This is not really a problem of a specific group but a problem of ignorance.

Not exactly realistic. Its a problem of risk vs activity. It so happens that HIV spreads more effectively via the activity homosexuals partake in then it does via heterosexuals. I think when the government refused to admit this and all the psychotic its everyone's disease not just gays groups it did more harm then good as the message didn't get focused to the right people. As a result I am sure far more homosexuals contracted HIV then they would have if the government focused on behavior/activity then on specific groups of people.

Once HIV reaches 1% in America it will spread much more rapidly.

And to think, this whole pandemic could have been stopped if the first who got the virus had been isolated.

Just a virus? Bio weapon, my friend. Bio weapon.
With what purpose? This would be like peeing all over a house I share with 10 other people, so that it smells bad to them.