What should I get an INFJ girl for Valentine's Day? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What should I get an INFJ girl for Valentine's Day?

LOL...I'm quite distressed over having the pestle missing from my set....Its a nice marble one too....

Eyez iz wery wery bummed.... :(

Okay I have to ask something very important and I guess it could fall under valentines topic :)
I am so used to loving anything and everything and everyone that I sort of have forgotten what distinguishes this love from 'being in love'. It's been like 2 years since I was in love or even more...

So my point is I have a classmate who is a good friend to me. We connect wonderfully and saw each other saturday and somehow I miss him and cant wait to see him tomorrow in school. So what does it mean to miss someone? Am I falling inlove? or merely have I grown to be so comfortable around him that I appreciate him as one of my best friends?

[I really feel like a confused teenager haha for once because I usually understand myself through introspection and retrospection but this; No]

LOL...I'm quite distressed over having the pestle missing from my set....Its a nice marble one too....

Eyez iz wery wery bummed.... :(

Awww...
How about mentioning it to your SO? He might surprise you with a pestle!

I got my bf a granite set.

So my point is I have a classmate who is a good friend to me. We connect wonderfully and saw each other saturday and somehow I miss him and cant wait to see him tomorrow in school. So what does it mean to miss someone? Am I falling inlove? or merely have I grown to be so comfortable around him that I appreciate him as one of my best friends?

[I really feel like a confused teenager haha for once because I usually understand myself through introspection and retrospection but this; No]

I think people can miss others in lots of ways and for different reasons.

When you think about him... do you smile, and also and think about what it will feel like to see him smile?

Do you think about how you might make him smile? And smile while thinking about it?

Do you vividly recall how and why he made you smile last?

Those are some things that tell me I'm falling in love.

But then the J in me wants reality to catch up with fantasy. But I sure do love chasing fantasy because it's a potential reality until I know otherwise.

Smiling, oh yes, if you find yourself smiling when you think of the person you are probably loving them.

I think people can miss others in lots of ways and for different reasons.

When you think about him... do you smile, and also and think about what it will feel like to see him smile?

Do you think about how you might make him smile? And smile while thinking about it?

Do you vividly recall how and why he made you smile last?

Those are some things that tell me I'm falling in love.

But then the J in me wants reality to catch up with fantasy. But I sure do love chasing fantasy because it's a potential reality until I know otherwise.

Hahah I smiled when reading this message. I smile and have the butterflies but if I am inlove its sort of new and weird to me. Because for once, I know for sure that I will not be hurt, maybe that is the difference. I don't have any worry because he knows me and I know him ^^
I may be P but I want reality to catch up with fantasy as well. :)
CHEERS TO LOVE

Because for once, I know for sure that I will not be hurt, maybe that is the difference. I don't have any worry because he knows me and I know him

: )

You're riding the wave. And it might hurt. But I sure love thinking it can't or wont. It's that kind of thought process that gives every new relationship a legitimate chance.

Last edited:
Haha I know this may sound classic, but he is not like that xD And neither am I. I don't even know if it's what I'm feeling yet haha, I just know that it's new or well a damn long time ago I had faith in love :)

Smiling, oh yes, if you find yourself smiling when you think of the person you are probably loving them.

I hope not :faint2: I do that when I indiscriminately crush on someone, it ain't love, just infatuation.

I think I do want to make a homemade card, and I'm going to cut things out of magazines that represent our path up to this point, and the last item on it will be the Valentine's day trip.

Ok, so I made one. It's big and made out of posterboard. Closed, it's about 18 inches tall by 12 inches wide. There's a little over 20 pics that tell a story of us meeting and dating with Valentine's day at the end.

This is feeling kinda risky now. I hope it doesn't make her think I'm a nutcase.

HAHA
how about just taking her for a walk on the beach?
and a nice dinner before that

Well, I'd say make sure it matters to her...someone once got me this huge bouquet of flowers, which was really thoughtful, but kind of awkward...don't just go with "traditional" romantic gifts. Do something that would really matter to her.

An event might be better than a physical thing. A memory, y'know? Go do something with her-- I dunno about other INFJs, but I absolutely love doing things with people that matter to me. It's nice to give her a gift as a representation of your heart, but to actually look into her eyes after a wonderful day and sincerely give it....nothing beats that ;)

Then there's always the practical stuff. If I get something, it'd be great to be able to use it. My mom, also INFJ, loves kitchen and garden supplies.

I dunno about other INFJs, but I absolutely love doing things with people that matter to me. It's nice to give her a gift as a representation of your heart, but to actually look into her eyes after a wonderful day and sincerely give it....nothing beats that ;)

Yep :nod: nicely put g.o! :) I couldn't agree more.

If she's INFJ, she'll want something personal that shows you were thhinking of her.
If anyone gave me red roses, I'd puke - they are just so generic!
If she's a vegetarian, likes animals and is outdoorsy, you could get her something you could do together - like a hot air balloon ride or a funky figurine of her favourite animal. A vegetarian cookbook - provided it is stylish - is great.
Also, I always love perfume - by the sound of her interests, she would probably like something watery and fresh - like Issey Miyake or musky - like Kenzo Jungle. Kenzo Flower is nice too. Just make sure you get her the EDP and not the toilette as the EDP will last on her skin for longer.

I think I owe you guys a status update...

She loved the trip (which I expected.)

She loves the big crazy card I made (Thank you everyone!!! That was a little scary for me to make, but I just loved the look on her face.)

She loves me (woohoo!!!)

Awesome, JME! I'm glad you hit the ball out of the park. :D:m168:

Cool! :D Glad the advice worked~

Yep, it worked great.

I'm going to feel a lot more comfortable building that shrine now. :D