What should I get an INFJ girl for Valentine's Day? | INFJ Forum

What should I get an INFJ girl for Valentine's Day?

JME

Jan 31, 2009
MBTI
INxJ
I'm in a new relationship with an INFJ girl. Things have progressed quite nicely, and we're doing a romantic overnight valentine's day thing together.

We're both mid 30s, could probably be mistaken for mid 20s, if that helps any. I've usually done jewelry of some type in the past, but she doesn't seem to be big on jewelry.

I think a special trip is what she really wants, but what else could I get her?

Anyone gotten anything they really liked before?

Anyone gotten anything they really didn't like before?

Anyone have any thoughts?

She's kinda flower-girlish... vegetarian, likes animals, nature, hikes, trips, etc. I was going to get her something to remind her of the trip, but that's something I'd do anyway.

I don't think I've ever dated an INFJ before, and don't want to get her something everyone (but me) could predict as not going over well.

I'm more of a T than an F, so I dunno where to start. We're still getting to know each other, but have some passionate stuff going on and valentine's day is a large leap for us.

I'm always hugely impressed with things that are sentimental; things that obviously incorporate my own nature and were obviously thought out with me in mind.

If my husband got me a pool cue... a fabulous, top of the line, professional quality pool cue... I'd smirk (and be a bit hurt inside). My husband is a Billiards instructor.

If he took me to my favorite restaurant for a breakfast buffet (breakfast being my favorite meal) followed by a trip to a garden center to buy plants... or on a whale watch (which is what we did on our honeymoon)... or for a walk along a beach... or presented me with an onyx pendant or a bracelet set with a fossilized shell (rather than a diamond bracelet since I don't care for diamonds) then I would absolutely swoon.

Sounds to me like you're absolutely on the right track, whatever you ultimately do, with the romantic overnight trip, and the recognition of her personality/things she likes :thumb:

:D Sounds like me (except I'm no longer a vegetarian).

And if it *were* me, anything from the heart works. Something that I did and wouldn't mind receiving (and it's cheap!) was a collage of magazine pictures representing our relationship. You could try doing that. It takes a few hours to cut out the pictures and glue them on a card, but it's one of the best, most heart-felt gifts I produced.

Alternately, take her to the most romantic spot you can think of and have a nighttime picnic together while looking up at the stars (by flashlight, because there might be a fire ban with candles). :p

:D Sounds like me.

And if it *were* me, anything from the heart works. Something that I did and wouldn't mind receiving (and it's cheap!) was a collage of magazine pictures representing our relationship. You could try doing that. It takes a few hours to cut out the pictures and glue them on a card, but it's one of the best, most heart-felt gifts I produced.

My husband did exactly that, and I've treasured it always. I keep it in my underwear drawer, LOL :becky:

Everyone else has great insight, so on cue here I am to detract from the quality:
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WhwbxEfy7fg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WhwbxEfy7fg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Awesome feedback so far, thanks.

> garden center to buy plants

Also sounds better for her than flowers, and shells sound good too.

gOpHeR - that's the part I have most adequately figured out. lol.

What all the other fabulous ladies here have suggested are grand ideas. Things from the heart will always win a INFJ over. Something functional always works just as well too.

What has your gf been complaining about? New shoes? New coat? New furniture? Does she need anything upgraded or renewed? Sometimes, a functional gift can be just as meaningful as a sentimental one. It shows that you listen to her, and also that she can depend on you to get things done.

Last Valentine's day my boyfriend mailed me this teddybear with an inside joke of ours stitched on its shirt. It made me laugh, and it is very dear to me because its something that represents the two of us. When I'm lonely, I simply grab my teddybear and squeeze it tight and it makes me feel better. :)

Good luck with gift-shopping!

She hasn't complained about anything yet. I guess I'll have to wait for that. But I'll keep in mind the functional gift advice.

Maybe you could ask her what her happiest memory is and find a way to re-create it for her. But not exactly, because you want it to be a new happiest memory, so you want to put a bit of a fun or romantic spin on it. That would work for me, but I'm pretty sentimental.

On the other hand TK is right and I also enjoy functional practical gifts. I personally have a hard time getting myself the stuff I need since I spend all my energy focused on everyone else's. So the practical is romantic too in the since that you're saying "Hey, I'm always looking out for you".

Then there's always your d*ck in a box.

Maybe you could ask her what her happiest memory is and find a way to re-create it for her. But not exactly, because you want it to be a new happiest memory, so you want to put a bit of a fun or romantic spin on it. That would work for me, but I'm pretty sentimental.

:love: I'd love that. I'm pretty sentimental too.

Something really simple (and like the other's), something sentimental---a keepsake, i'd say, of something that shows how much you know her. It could even be something really simple---but keep in mind what she's told you about, what she thinks is beautiful, something you know she'll keep forever in a little box. Something to remind her of you.

For me, it's not the flashy stuff that get to me. It's the things that prove a lot of thought and love from them that make me swoon.

Anything thoughtful and personal. If its just roses or a teddy bear it will be passable 'its the thought that counts', but not ideal -- roses with a teddy bear and a personal and heartfelt note though? Now you're talking. Even a functional gift (I like functional gifts). It doesnt matter, and it doesnt have to be expensive, so long as the INFJ in question believes that you put some thought into getting it (something she needs, or otherwise evokes a positive emotional response).

I'm personally happy with any kind of gift, but then again i'm not a girl.

Last edited:
My favorite present from my husband is the one he was sure would get him a night on the couch.

A set of forged kitchen knives....Chef, paring, Santuko, etc.... *sigh*

I love my kitchen toys

I'm with yep on the keepsake idea. A music box or even a china figurine. Yes, personally I'd be delighted with the person if I opened up something like that.

if this were me... i'd like a homemade card, and fresh flowers. and i wouldn't care how silly or stupid the card was, just as long as you tried. (look at the scrapbooking aisle at target for suggestions)

again... and i've always thought this. if i know you mean well, and are trying, i wouldn't care what the gift was. as long as you meant well.

Thanks for the continued good advice.

I think I do want to make a homemade card, and I'm going to cut things out of magazines that represent our path up to this point, and the last item on it will be the Valentine's day trip.

I'm kind of excited and smiley thinking about making the card and what I can put on it. :) It's like I know some kind of secret or something. lol.

I'm going to have to keep thinking though, because I don't think that's enough.

Thanks for the continued good advice.

I think I do want to make a homemade card, and I'm going to cut things out of magazines that represent our path up to this point, and the last item on it will be the Valentine's day trip.

I'm kind of excited and smiley thinking about making the card and what I can put on it. :) It's like I know some kind of secret or something. lol.

I'm going to have to keep thinking though, because I don't think that's enough.

:) That's so sweet JME. Enjoy!

My favorite present from my husband is the one he was sure would get him a night on the couch.

A set of forged kitchen knives....Chef, paring, Santuko, etc.... *sigh*

I love my kitchen toys

Hehehe! You sound like my boyfriend! I got him a mortar and pestle and he practically went apesh1t over it, lol. *shakes head* He's crazy about his kitchen appliances.