What makes someone "undateable"? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What makes someone "undateable"?

Heh, I forgot some and added two more.
I suppose there might be a rare chance that I'd consider someone who was married previously, however that's so low that I just put it in the deal breakers category anyway.

A few things I really don't like:

1. People who chew with their mouths open, especially if they make loud smacking sounds while they do it.
2. People who scuff their feet constantly while walking to the point where they are basically dragging their feeting.
3. Women who wont shut up about their ex-boyfriends. I'm interesting to hear their dating history, but only if it is brief. Talking about every single boyfriend you have had and why they are the worst person on the planet is horribly unattractive.

describes themself as a "bitch", a male, too gangster, atheist or agnostic, a general negative vibe, too tall, ugly in the face, short hair unless the lady is black then short hair might be ok, too smelly, too pushy, my exwife, not smart, too "driven", is goal centered and not people centered, uses too many cliches, too much facial hair, has too smoky of breath, has too boozy of breath, has funny looking feet or hands, too earthy, and whatever else it is that i dont like.

describes themself as a "bitch", a male, too gangster, atheist or agnostic, a general negative vibe, too tall, ugly in the face, short hair unless the lady is black then short hair might be ok, too smelly, too pushy, my exwife, not smart, too "driven", is goal centered and not people centered, uses too many cliches, too much facial hair, has too smoky of breath, has too boozy of breath, has funny looking feet or hands, too earthy, and whatever else it is that i dont like.

Yeah, I think the person should be goal oriented, but settled and stabled. I'd avoid someone who is too driven or win at all costs.

Someone who doesn't attempt to- or moreover, doesn't care to- understand me as a person. Someone who is so stuck in their ways that they aren't open to different opinions. Someone who thinks they are somehow above others.

Reactions: Gaze
Selfishness is a huge one.
But I think one of the biggest factors that plays into the capacity to date is a person's ability to understand who they are, as an individual and where they desire to fit into society. If they haven't answered these questions for themselves, how could they possibly offer themselves to another person and hope to gain anything from it, but co-dependence?

- If he has kids
- an ex-wife

Kids would be an issue for me right now seeing as I am not really ready to be anyone's mother figure. However, I don't see how an ex-wife is really an issue. It is very common for people to marry at a young age and for that first marriage to fail. I view it as a learning experience, really. The only way I would refuse to date someone who had been married would be if there were valid claims of abuse throughout the relationship.

Now, if he'd been married two or three times before I might have to reconsider, but once is really not a big deal to me.

Reactions: Feelings
I'm not even sure I understand what I mean (lol). Hmm . . . I guess it means that I want someone who doesn't simply hear words, but who can figure some things out about what I think or feel without me having to say it using a hundred words. This is probably not a realistic expectation, but it couldn't hurt to put it out there. I'm just sayin' :m052:
oh this would be such a joy, can I get one of those? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Too earthy? What does that mean?

Usually means bad hygiene.

Which would in top 5 on my list, along with,
No sense of humor.
Not current with what's going on in the world.
Not neat and tidy. (I don't mean they need to be a neat freak, just clean and organized.)

Sexually boring.

earthy is kind of all the negative things about being a '60's hippie, which is really everything about being a hippie haha.

earthy is kind of all the negative things about being a '60's hippie, which is really everything about being a hippie haha.

:hippie:

Someone with a heavily sexual sense of humor. A man who makes any sort of sexual joke around me is a man I will avoid, unless I've been friendly with him for a very long time. If I ever open myself to dating, I'd only be able to tolerate a person who is respectful and clean in their humor as I'm still warming up to them.

I'd also need a person who would be just as comfortable in silence as I am. If I feel obliged to make small talk whenever I'm with them solely to avoid an awkward moment, it will never work out.

Initial physical attraction helps, too. :rolleyes:

*someone who bites their fork when they eat (this is number one)
*someone who can't keep me laughing
*someone who can't challenge my mind
*someone who's super religious
*someone with no ambition
*someone who doesn't get along with my friends
*someone who's rude
*someone who's deep into drug use (I know that's slightly hypocritical of me, but I'm pretty much done with all that stuff, I don't want to continue to be around it. If they have a past, I'm completely fine with it seeing as I do too)

attraction is my only requirement. Any man I'm not attracted to is undateable and all faults of man I am attracted to are forgiven.

Attraction to me doesn't mean that he has to be physicaly handsome. The overall vibe of the person must give me butterflies in my stomach, that is the only way to thaw me :D

Someone with a heavily sexual sense of humor. A man who makes any sort of sexual joke around me is a man I will avoid, unless I've been friendly with him for a very long time. If I ever open myself to dating, I'd only be able to tolerate a person who is respectful and clean in their humor as I'm still warming up to them.

I'd also need a person who would be just as comfortable in silence as I am. If I feel obliged to make small talk whenever I'm with them solely to avoid an awkward moment, it will never work out.

Agree.

attraction is my only requirement. Any man I'm not attracted to is undateable and all faults of man I am attracted to are forgiven.

Attraction to me doesn't mean that he has to be physicaly handsome. The overall vibe of the person must give me butterflies in my stomach, that is the only way to thaw me :D

Not sure if this is good but i agree. I need that initial attraction to see someone as dateable.

Soooo... what makes someone unattractive? This seems like it is going to go in circles haha.