What makes someone "undateable"? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

What makes someone "undateable"?

Soooo... what makes someone unattractive? This seems like it is going to go in circles haha.

there seem to be no recepy for it, it is a combination of looks (not to posterboy), caracter and vibe that gives me stomach butterflies :becky:

*someone who bites their fork when they eat (this is number one)
*someone who can't keep me laughing
*someone who can't challenge my mind
*someone who's super religious
*someone with no ambition
*someone who doesn't get along with my friends
*someone who's rude
*someone who's deep into drug use

Yea, although on the no ambition, it needs to be balanced, I can't handle someone who is GOGOGOGOGO all the damn time. I need time to sit at home and read.

I'd only be able to tolerate a person who is respectful and clean in their humor as I'm still warming up to them.

I'd also need a person who would be just as comfortable in silence as I am. If I feel obliged to make small talk whenever I'm with them solely to avoid an awkward moment, it will never work out.

Initial physical attraction helps, too. :rolleyes:

This too. I really can't handle vulgar people.

Reactions: bamf
I'm really beginning to think that chewing with your mouth open is one of the worst characteristics that a person may possibly possess.

someone who doesn't respect boundaries
someone who doesn't know when to be silent and when to speak
someone who doesn't know how to let their partner be
someone who doesn't know how to sit in silence
someone who doesn't force or impose their feelings on anyone

Last edited:
Are we generalizing for everyone or just making our own personal opinions that only apply to ourselves?

Are we generalizing for everyone or just making our own personal opinions that only apply to ourselves?

Whatever applies to you

What do you think makes someone "undateable"?

i think i couldn't date someone who was heavily prejudiced, who couldn't entertain controversial ideas without being personally offended. i'd have a hard time relating to someone like that.

Uhm.

I don't like people who try to convert me to their religion. I think that would be a problem for dating.

Also I don't like insecure people who text me every five minutes or constantly have to be in communication with me. That would be a problem for dating.

I can't really think of anything else because these are just the only things I have determined have stopped me from dating when the opportunity was available.

Also, I have a problem with distance. I need to be able to see whoever I am dating once per month in person, that's the bare minimum.

I love your questions.

I can't date anyone who doesn't keep up with me. I need someone intelligent and witty. Anyone without strong opinions is also a no. I don't care if hey disagree with me but they need facts and spirit to back it up. I won't date anyone with short hair because playing with longer hair is awesome when you're cuddling. No bigots or all around haters. Those types of people grate on my nerves. I'm not a negative person even if I enjoy complaining from time to time.

So if a guy wants to break up with you, all he needs to do is get a haircut?

No sense of humor.

Too clingy

Too demanding

Heavy drugs/drinking. Partying is fine, but don

Someone with a heavily sexual sense of humor. A man who makes any sort of sexual joke around me is a man I will avoid, unless I've been friendly with him for a very long time. If I ever open myself to dating, I'd only be able to tolerate a person who is respectful and clean in their humor as I'm still warming up to them.

That's very wise.

1.Incessantly asking what I am thinking. Most of the time it isn't worth discussing, if it is I'll happily share.

2.Guessing constantly what I am thinking. If you are a mind reader then you already know and I'm fit to be tied you find that swirling vortex attractive, otherwise wait for the cliff notes.

3.Chewing with mouth open. Very big deal breaker.

4.Bitching constantly about a situation you knew you were not going to like and could have avoided completely.

5.Drug use. Some weed or shrooms now and again is no big deal to me. I engage in relationships with a person not a drug.

6.Repetitive noise. Can be a deal breaker, if consciously trying to stop I may be flexible on it depending on frequency. I got a bouncy leg so I try not to be a hypocrite.

7.Too Religious. Sometimes it has to be clarified. If every other conversation is about the creator and your church then I'm not gonna see a whole lot of room for me in the equation.

8.No sense of humor. If we can't have a laugh now and again really what is the point?

9.No passion. Goes for sex, life in general, religion is applicable as long as it doesn't pass the threshold into number 7.

Someone who is too passionate - it'd probably overwhelm me.