What is your creative outlet? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

What is your creative outlet?

poetry, half of which i end up burning.

Poetic justice? :lol:

Honestly, I really don't have it out for you. I think I'm going to bed now...

Poetic justice? :lol:

Honestly, I really don't have it out for you. I think I'm going to bed now...

lol haha, funny.

this is not poetic justice but i guess i do sort of believe in poetic justice.

i think i am infj.

So you play with string theory for fun, eh? ;)

Something like that. :p

My hands need it. If I'm not knitting, I'm scratching my head or biting my fingers or pulling my hair or tapping my feet. Misguided teachers who request that I not knit through lectures usually let me have it back within a week.

Something like that. :p

My hands need it. If I'm not knitting, I'm scratching my head or biting my fingers or pulling my hair or tapping my feet. Misguided teachers who request that I not knit through lectures usually let me have it back within a week.

Haha wow I am really inspired, that is unique ^^

I feel kind of at a loss here. I honestly think my career has stunted my creative growth so much, it's barely there anymore. My natural talents don't consist of creating anything really... like drawing, painting, writing, music, etc... But I'm a big visionary...and I can dream up amazing things.

I'm finding that I'm relatively decent and enjoy decorating and cooking. But, I'm not sure I consider either of those as an "outlet".

:m033:

I feel kind of at a loss here. I honestly think my career has stunted my creative growth so much, it's barely there anymore. My natural talents don't consist of creating anything really... like drawing, painting, writing, music, etc... But I'm a big visionary...and I can dream up amazing things.

I'm finding that I'm relatively decent and enjoy decorating and cooking. But, I'm not sure I consider either of those as an "outlet".

:m033:

Just because your creativity is different, doesn't mean its not creative. Decorating and cooking are definitely creative outlets!!!

Which reminds me, I also love cooking and I'm very creative with it.

Just because your creativity is different, doesn't mean its not creative. Decorating and cooking are definitely creative outlets!!! Which reminds me, I also love cooking and I'm very creative with it.

I guess I don't feel like they're creative outlets because:

1) I have to cook for my family.
2) I use other people's creative pieces to decorate my house.

I want something that's 100% my own, you know? But I appreciate your input, maybe someday I'll get over the technicalities. :)

I guess I don't feel like they're creative outlets because:

1) I have to cook for my family.
2) I use other people's creative pieces to decorate my house.

I want something that's 100% my own, you know? But I appreciate your input, maybe someday I'll get over the technicalities. :)

Just because you HAVE to cook for your family doesn't mean you can't have fun with it!

My kids and spouse are used to being my culinary guinea pigs by now, and only put up a token protest when they see something unusual and out of the ordinary set in front of them. Mostly, I don't even tell them what they're eating until after they've taken bites in order to forstall any preconcieved complaints.

And I love it when my neighbors tell me they're 'willing' to try out my stuff! I'm always sending samples of new creations over for reviews.

Baking's fun and it smells good! :)

I find it slightly expensive though. I tend to stay away from certain ingredients and opt for more 'natural' products, or organic and fair-trade products, which raises the price.

Last edited:
Baking's fun and it smells good!

I agree, but the heat settings in my oven are a little weird, so what should smell good, often smells burnt... :)

Just because you HAVE to cook for your family doesn't mean you can't have fun with it!

I agree. I think it's the fact that, (and pardon my crudeness), my creations are going to eventually end up in a toilet somewhere, so I tend not to relish in the creativeness of it all because it's not lasting. It's not how I want to be creative I guess. Maybe I'll eventually try my hand at that harp as we discussed long ago.
:music:

Last edited:
Maybe you won't consider this a creative outlet, but I'm really into extreme sports, and always have been. I've been a skateboarder for around 10 years and I ride/race motocross. These sports give you a certain freedom you can't find elsewhere, they let me kinda forget the world. I can go where I want, make up new tricks or try new things in new spots.

Maybe you won't consider this a creative outlet, but I'm really into extreme sports, and always have been. I've been a skateboarder for around 10 years and I ride/race motocross. These sports give you a certain freedom you can't find elsewhere, they let me kinda forget the world. I can go where I want, make up new tricks or try new things in new spots.

That part shows that there is creativity involved.

I've always thought it would be really cool to be good at sports. I never was, but I always wished I could be. Especially when watching the Olympics.

I'm hoping to get into dance in college, though, so maybe I might still find a niche there someday

My kids and spouse are used to being my culinary guinea pigs by now, and only put up a token protest when they see something unusual and out of the ordinary set in front of them. Mostly, I don't even tell them what they're eating until after they've taken bites in order to forstall any preconcieved complaints.

And I love it when my neighbors tell me they're 'willing' to try out my stuff! I'm always sending samples of new creations over for reviews.

Oh, you would drive me insane! :tongue1:. I will not eat something unless I know what it is in it. My dad has done that to me for years, and it infurates me when he wont tell me, or he lies. After about 16 years old I would get up and walk away if I did not know what was in it, or he lied to me.

Just be honest with me, I usually will try it, unless it is a "no-no" food. :)

You wouldn't like my parents either then. We at least tried what they made for us, or else we either didn't eat or had to make food for ourselves. We didn't really have any extra food around the house, so we actually had to make it.

That might seem cruel, but they put effort into preparing the food after coming home from work in order to pay for that food...it's understandable that they expected us to just man up and try it, at least. I'm glad they did that, cuz I'll eat just about anything now.

Sometimes I feel like everyone around me is super creative in at least one way and I just got left out. But!
I draw and doodle all the time. I am not good at it but I still love it. Even if I'm paying a lot of attention and take notes, on the side of my structured and detailed notes.. are drawings. It used to make my teachers in elementary angry, but why can't I do this to maintain focus when I'm doing the same or more work for the class as everyone else? Silly. I love drawing though! Fantasy related things.. and pretty places that aren't real.. and clothes that probably never will exist either ;_;.

One thing I have some skill in is creative writing. I love it! I did those state writing competitions and did well.. But I hate competition so, no thanks. I like to create scenarios based off of things I see in real life.. and make it mystical somehow. *o* Writing factual papers and research is also interesting because I like to see how much personal oddity I can stick in there while still doing well and making the professor laugh. :cool:

jade, I hear there's a writer's forum somewhere around here. Might want to have a look. At the very least it'll inspire your own writing.

Which reminds me. I need to work at my own creative outlets. They've been neglected of late...