What is your creative outlet? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

What is your creative outlet?

..uhmm

lets see...

artwork definitely...and my stories, and writing japanese....
even the fighting style i'm learning is creative to me ...so i love to learn it
it's called Aikido...a martial art from japan...

or creating a 20 ft tall cake that blows up..

Reactions: VH
OK, Psilocin....that is art. Is that a white carrot with a fuse??
I try playing new to me tunes on the piano....fun when ya can't read music.
Used to write but don't seem to have the time anymore.
I'll have to think some more on this one....too much to read tonight!

Hahahahaa. I'm really tired today! Initial passing thought as I was scrolling through: "What's that big white thing with the big red thing in the middle?" *pause* *scrolls back up* "Oh, it's a mushroom person!" *pause* "But why would a mushroom person have a big red button nose?... Waaait, what is a mushroom person?!" simultaneously: "I like that the mushroom has a hat and a briefcase, very fitting".

The mushroom person looks like it works at an engineering/nuclear plant of some sort. Going home (saying good-bye) after a day's work.
It's an eyeball. lol

But I think that's what I was saying... If that picture was meant to actually say anything... I don't much remember. I was bored and, well, stoned.

It's an eyeball. lol

But I think that's what I was saying... If that picture was meant to actually say anything... I don't much remember. I was bored and, well, stoned.

I was right! At least about the eyeball part. And honestly, I really liked it. I spent like 2 or 3 min just staring at it. Very cool! :)

EDIT: My favourite aspect is the personification given to everything, even the factory in the background!

Last edited:
drawing
joking around
baking
writing
designing
mind mapping
kitbashing

Bass Guitar is my creative outlet :peace:

^^ HELL YA LURKER

lets see...

artwork definitely...and my stories, and writing japanese....
even the fighting style i'm learning is creative to me ...so i love to learn it
it's called Aikido...a martial art from japan...

or creating a 20 ft tall cake that blows up..

Aikido is without a doubt the most INFJ martial art possible.

"If you have the skill to defend yourself, you have an obligation to defend your attacker."

"Of all people, the one who needs to be shown that kindness is greater than aggression is the one who believes aggression can defeat kindness enough to inflict aggression upon someone who has only shown kindness."

"Aikido is the way of the light. To truly master it, one must learn to harness the power within. Muscles and brawn mean nothing. Aikido is powered by the light within one's spirit."

That problem is the only reason I ended up with my skills. I kept going until I got it right. It took me years and years, and thousands of sketches and drawings. I have many peers in the illustration field, and all of them have the same biography. Keep going until you master it, and be ready to work for years until you do.

I'm all for that, but its very hard to stop myself from getting anxious and depressed, or blowing things out of proportion. I find creating art more frustrating than just about any other activity I've done.

Remige, when you do create art, what expectations do you have for yourself?

i draw these
4572083738a5562828678l.jpg

Reactions: VH
I think I should look for another creative outlet. I get moments where I so despratly want to express myself in different ways. Yet, I have no idea how to express them, and the ideas I come up with would not sufice.

No harm in trying, right ;)

Milon art is not about having expectations - its about being liberated from expectations actually. Unleashing everything onto paper, or photography or music - whatever it is.

Exactly. My hunch is Remige gets frustrated because of expectations, rather than just letting it be, letting it flow.

For now daydreaming mostly...I'm trying to find something more tangible. I don't really like writing, and I'm terrible at drawing...I wish I had some talent.

Knitting!

Knitting is my creative outlet. It gives my hands a simple, tactile thing to do while my mind dreams up the next project or how the one I'm working on will fit into my wardrobe as a whole. Also, I don't use a lot of patterns, I just like to attack the project with the power of math and design. It's somehow very logical and systematic while being creative and open-ended.

I love the simplicity of it all: math, sticks and string.

I have so many creative outlets that usually its overwhelming to be creative...wait that sucks a little...

I scrapbook
I make jewelry and accessories
I paint
I write
i photoshop! :mhula:

uh...i know theres more but i draw a blank now..

Knitting is my creative outlet. It gives my hands a simple, tactile thing to do while my mind dreams up the next project or how the one I'm working on will fit into my wardrobe as a whole. Also, I don't use a lot of patterns, I just like to attack the project with the power of math and design. It's somehow very logical and systematic while being creative and open-ended.

I love the simplicity of it all: math, sticks and string.

So you play with string theory for fun, eh? ;)

EDIT: Jeff - look at my post right above yours. You don't have to have expectations. It doens't have to be perfect, or even appealing. You don't have to show anyone else. Just let it out. Eventually you'll do something cool and want to show someone, but don't try to start there.

Last edited: