• B

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • AB

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • O

Votes: 58 47.5%

• Total voters
B-

I can not give blood though. There is something in my dads side of the family, that if we give too much blood (over 3 vials for me) we insta-black out. The doctors said I'm just very sensitive to blood pressure changes. Which explains why I faint so damn easily I guess.

i'm a O.I hope there aren't any vamps in this forum that will eat me.

Onions, Cross whatever it is,i am gonna get them out of my treasure hunter chest.An eagles gun would do well.Bang bang!Everyone beware!Btw mr vampire, which blood would be of service and delicious meal to you.

We sure won't want you eating Sir IndigoSensor.Lastly, the nice great common O's.We aren't delicious.

Hahah, I have never seen this sort of poll before. Awesome.

Be Positive!

First time I found out for sure what my blood type was, I was practically dying. I was recovering from a bleeding duodenal ulcer (unimaginable amounts of stress), but I'd lost over two pints. Ew ew ew ew. When the nurse came in to tell me my blood type for my transfusion, she was laughing. I was incredibly pessimistic at the time, especially since she was blunt enough to say, "You could die". She said it was a sign that I was B positive.

I guess I'm still alive, so... but man, having to half administer your own nasogastric tube? No. Never again. Whatever it takes. And if I read one more thing that says stress doesn't cause ulcers, I'm going to scream.

B-

I can not give blood though. There is something in my dads side of the family, that if we give too much blood (over 3 vials for me) we insta-black out. The doctors said I'm just very sensitive to blood pressure changes. Which explains why I faint so damn easily I guess.

Sounds like vasovagal syncope. Some sort of dysautonomia, at any rate. I have Postural Tachycardia Syndrome, and MVPS, so I can give blood, but I can't stand up for more than 10 minutes without feeling like butt.

Hahah, I have never seen this sort of poll before. Awesome.

First time I found out for sure what my blood type was, I was practically dying. I was recovering from a bleeding duodenal ulcer (unimaginable amounts of stress), but I'd lost over two pints. Ew ew ew ew. When the nurse came in to tell me my blood type for my transfusion, she was laughing. I was incredibly pessimistic at the time, especially since she was blunt enough to say, "You could die". She said it was a sign that I was B positive.

I guess I'm still alive, so... but man, having to half administer your own nasogastric tube? No. Never again. Whatever it takes. And if I read one more thing that says stress doesn't cause ulcers, I'm going to scream.

Sounds like vasovagal syncope. Some sort of dysautonomia, at any rate. I have Postural Tachycardia Syndrome, and MVPS, so I can give blood, but I can't stand up for more than 10 minutes without feeling like butt.

I swear to god if I have another kind of syncope I'm gonna not be able to stay conscience anymore!

i have really no idea what blood i am

I have no idea what my type is.

A question that arises though. Bloodgenes are codominant. In example a father may be A and a mother may be B. Then the child should have AB.

Although doesn't the infant get the blood from the mother? If so, the child should have the same bloodtype as his mother or?

I have no idea what my type is.

A question that arises though. Bloodgenes are codominant. In example a father may be A and a mother may be B. Then the child should have AB.

Although doesn't the infant get the blood from the mother? If so, the child should have the same bloodtype as his mother or?

If memory serves, no the infant does have its own blood supply. The child could be AB but if the mother is AO and the father is BO, then the child could be O, A, B, or AB. Then there is the +/- gene the former being dominate.

If memory serves, no the infant does have its own blood supply. The child could be AB but if the mother is AO and the father is BO, then the child could be O, A, B, or AB. Then there is the +/- gene the former being dominate.

Ahh I see, I wonder how they are able to produce their own blood, and nonetheless their own bloodtype.

Yup, yup. My mother is type B. My father, I think, was type A.

I'm type O.

I'm B positive (oh the irony :lol:).

O+

I've given blood before. Would I sound crazy if I told you guys I thought the experience was really really good?

I enjoy giving blood (although it's more to do with the the thought that I'll be helping someone by doing it), and I'm looking forward to giving blood in 2 days time.

I really liked it it...it made me feel a little giddy as I sat there watching the bag fill up with my blood, lol. Not in a bad way, either.

I liked squeezing the little ball to make the blood come out faster. I know that's weird...but I really liked that feeling.

The nurses always think I'm crazy/weird because I can watch my blood being taken out.:crazy:

B+, which according to Wikipedia and what I've heard, is actually very common among Asians.

I'm B positive (oh the irony :lol:).

You might be B+, but I'm A+. ;)

I've given blood twice and I don't mind watching it fill up as long as the needle doesn't move around in my freaking arm like the second time. I have a really fast recovery time, too. I plan to give many times in the future.