What book(s) are you currently reading? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

What book(s) are you currently reading?

Extras by Scott Westerfield (I think that's his name, recalling from memory), Seabiscuit by Laura Hillenbrand, and soon to start on Born on the Fourth of July by Ron Kovic by the time I get it from the library.

The Stranger by Albert Camus, and the Hyperion Series by Dan Simmons

Ahh, finally finished the 5 books I was reading all in one go.

Now it's just:
-Redwall, Doomwyte - Brian Jacques - It's almost the same as the others (I love them all in the Redwall series) except with a few characters acting evilly when you'd expect them to be good and vise versa. It's good :) feel-good.

Ah...good grief...too much paranormal smut books that's what!! LOL! I just read a really sweet book that made the INFJ in me sing and dance! Its called If you could see me now by Cecelia Ahern Its by the same author of "PS I love you" It was amazing!! I recommend!! A 35 yo woman who cant love learns to love when she starts seeing her 6 yo nephew and adopted child's imaginary friend. He teaches her how to open her heart and her imagination.

One of the series I have been reading in the paranormal smut genre...Is a hilarious vampire spoof about a 21st century materialistic woman who after getting fired from her job and dies the same day returns as a vampire only to find out shes their queen...When she tells the current leadership in so many words that hes a walking cliche and where he can stick his fangs... adventures and antics ensue...I have never laughed so hard from a book (well aside from Crooked Little Vein by Warren Ellis ...which includes such antics as baby jesus butt plugs and injecting saline into ones ball sack or clitorus...The first line of the book "I woke this morning to a rat taking a piss in my coffee cup." I also recommend) SO Undead And Unwed by Mary Janice Davidson...Hilarity!

wow that was sort of a babbling ramble...

I read it last month. what do you think about it?
I'm in the middle right now. The story is interesting and pretty penetrating but I understand that the more philosophical side comes out in part 2. I'll definitely tell you how I feel once I finish it.

Extras by Scott Westerfield (I think that's his name, recalling from memory), Seabiscuit by Laura Hillenbrand, and soon to start on Born on the Fourth of July by Ron Kovic by the time I get it from the library.

I finished Extras...It wasn't all that good, but it kept me busy so yeah...

Just finished "Act Like A Lady, Think Like a Man"... It was silly but my husband says it's mostly true...

And I'm a little over half done with Belgarath.

Just started "A Map of The known World" by Lisa Ann Sandell

Just finished reading "Lady and Lapdog" and other stories by Chekhov, and am now starting "The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald. Read "Tender is the Night" a couple of months ago, hopefully I will enjoy his most famous book as much!

I am reading this

168.jpg

The Crying of Lot 49 by Pynchon. It's really short, I'll probably be done sometime tonight or tomorrow.

I've just finished "Women Who Run With the Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype" by Clarissa Pinkola Est

The Suicide Index: Putting My Father's Death in Order, by Joan Wickersham. Fascinating and heartbreaking book written by a suicide survivor.

I've just finished reading "Prometheus Rising" by Robert Anton Wilson, I found it a really interesting book and very enlightening (even if he does go a little far out towards the end).

Currently reading "Wishcraft" by Barbara Sher and the complete works of Hans Christian Andersen.

I'm not sure what I'll be reading after those, but I've got my eye on James Joyce's "Finnegans Wake", Bruce Lee's "The Tao of Jeet Kune Do", "Wintersmith" by Terry Pratchett and the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series by George R.R. Martin.

Laurie said:
Yay! So true!
Faith of the Fallen - Terry Goodkind - 6th book in the Sword of Truth sequence and looks like it'll be one of the best :)

Really? I liked the first few in the series but I thought the whole thing went seriously downhill towards the end. Way too much harping on the same point over and over again, too much faffing about and not nearly enough getting to the point and keeping the story flowing IMO. Plus I'm not a fan of the increasingly objectivist direction he took the series in.

Sithious said:
I have read 3 books in my entire life. 2 of them were forced on me, so I "had" to read them, while the other I read on a terribly boring family vacation.

I'm not a book person, I do not have the patience for that shit

Don't let a couple of bad experiences turn you off books, there are so many of the things out there that I don't think it's possible that you won't enjoy at least some of them.

Start simple with something that's relevant to your interests and see what happens from there, you don't have to read "the classics" if you don't want to but you're really missing out if you avoid reading books altogether.

• Sabriel by Garth Nix - Old Kingdom series
  • The Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula Le Guin - The Earthsea Quartet
  • A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin - A Song of Ice and Fire (If it ever is released!)
  • Silverthorn by Raymond E. Feist - Riftwar Saga