What book(s) are you currently reading? | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

What book(s) are you currently reading?

I spent the day reading Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut and just finished. It was so so so good! It was cynical and funny . . . amazing. :)

Reactions: bamf
Now reading:

Troy: Fall of Kings - David Gemmel. - It's such an epic series :eek: I love Troy!!

*Gives Laurie a cookie for reading David Gemmell novels*

I'm currently re-reading Troy: Lord of the Silver Bow by David Gemmell. IMO, the Troy trilogy was his greatest work. It's a shame that he passed away at his peak.

Last edited:
Reading Terry Goodkind's Wizard's First Rule. Great fantasy novel.

I just finished reading "Valeria's Last Stand" and started Virginia Woolf's "The Voyage Out."

At the moment, it's "The Gift of Change" Marianne Williamson. A little too hardcore-ENFJ style for my taste and male God referencing, but it's one of those books I want to read from start to finish.

I spent the day reading Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut and just finished. It was so so so good! It was cynical and funny . . . amazing. :)

Haha I read that a few months ago... the Bokonon religion is quite silly.

A Shadow on the Glass by Ian Irvine. I love the fact that he created a character called 'A Sensitive'. I'm thnking she's probably an INFP. Good story anyway, if a bit slow.

At the moment, it's "The Gift of Change" Marianne Williamson. A little too hardcore-ENFJ style for my taste and male God referencing, but it's one of those books I want to read from start to finish.

I'm still trying to get through 'A Return To Love'. I like where she's coming from, but I can't quite tune into it. Anyway, you've reminded me to give it another try.

Oh I'm glad Elf :) I might try A Return to Love too. I'll see how this one is.

Haruki Murakami and the Music of Words by Jay Rubin.

It's a biography of the writer Haruki Murakami. It's really interesting if you're a fan of his books :)

Haruki Murakami and the Music of Words by Jay Rubin.

It's a biography of the writer Haruki Murakami. It's really interesting if you're a fan of his books :)

What are they about? Or what genre, etc?
I know I could just google...

Last edited:
writing a paper on villette!

i always find recommended critical readings so difficult to get through but the more of them i read and the more i think about the novel the more i think i like it. i had been saving it to read after shirley and it was worth it. until i was at least halfway through i was thinking "how can this be called her most accomplished novel" but by the final chapters i was bawling. i had one of the penguin classics editions with these great notes by someone called helen cooper. the ending was emotionally very satisfying and i felt i really connected with Lucy Snowe. this has totally cured me of my hatred of jane eyre, which i'm feeling the need to reread now. awesome book!

Reading this book for AP English class: The lively art of writing. The book is basically how to write efficiently so that it catches the reader's interest,does not sound plain etc.. It's actually very interesting as the author expresses the book in such a way that keeps you interested.

Recently Read:
Cultures of Habitat: On Nature, Culture and Story by Gary Paul Nabhan
The Nature of Order by Christopher Alexander
Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell
Lines: A Brief History by Tim Ingold
In the Spirit of the Earth: Rethinking History and Time by Calvin Luther Martin

Reading:
The Perception of the Environment: Essays in Livelihood, Dwelling and Skill by Tim Ingold

The biography of Leonardo Da Vinci

I've been trying to type him the whole time so far I got ENXP.

Virginia Woolf - The Voyage Out.

Just recently re-read Twilight and half of Eclipse. Read The Da Vinci Code for the first time (I know, I'm behind). Starting to read Les Miserables and Middlemarch.

Hesse's Siddhartha, not finished yet but I think I enjoyed Steppenwolf a lot more.

Last edited: