What book(s) are you currently reading? | INFJ Forum

What book(s) are you currently reading?

Soulful

life is good
Nov 18, 2008
MBTI
I searched to check if this thread already existed but I didn't find one, much to my surprise!

What book(s) are you currently reading?
What do you think of it so far?
What is it about? (without any spoilers please)

Brida - Paulo Coelho

Money and the Law of Attraction - Esther Hicks (skimming through)

Last edited:
Started to read the first few pages but i fell asleep last night.It's called Strangers by taichi yamada.I can't wait to read the other couple of books i wrote down in my notebook.

Whitethorn, by Bryce Courteny (probably mispelt)

Deals with the racism between the english and boers in South Africa, like "The Power of One".

The Doors of Perception by Aldous Huxley

I love it.

It's about a mescaline experience that Aldous took in the mid-fifties. He recorded the entire thing and played it back to himself, writing dialogue about what he was experiencing. Mind at Large(The concept that the human mind limits off the amount of data it takes in from the conscious of the universe. We are the universe, yet just parts of it. We only take in so much; however psychedelic psychoactives[Mescaline, peyote, LSD, psilocybe mushrooms, etc] open up that "filter" that limits the data that comes from "Mind at Large". Thus giving us the visuals and puts us in the state of mind to properly take in the universe, in all of its beauty) and what-not. No real spoilers to it, just intro and extrospection during a psychedelic experience. :3

Edit: Excerpt from it, to make more sense of Mind at Large...
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern."

Last edited:
the autobiographical trilogy by rick bragg, including all over but the shoutin', ava's man and the prince of frogtown. the writing's powerfully evocative. the man can write. he should. he's a pulizter prize-winning reporter for the new york times...or was. can't tell if he still is from the biographical blurbs on the back covers. anyway, all are recommended reads in my book.

off to read, perchance to sleep a couple hours.

Money and the Law of Attraction - Esther Hicks (skimming through)

How is that one going? I have a few of the other Jerry and Esther Hicks books but i haven't read this one yet. Is it worth buying?

I normally read books to study the author and their ideas.
These are the books I am currently reading.

Collected Works of C.G. Jung - Robert H Hopcke

Carl Jung, Do I have to say more? =p

Modern Science Writing -Richard Dawkins

A very passionate and devout atheist with respect for the universe(s) and all it's beauty

Never Eat Alone - Keith Ferrazzi

A realistic well connected guy and buisnessman that defines his work by the good relationships and trueness with all his friends

Physics of the Impossible - Michio Kaku

A Theist and renowned physicist, passionate for teaching the complex in a simple manner

How is that one going? I have a few of the other Jerry and Esther Hicks books but i haven't read this one yet. Is it worth buying?

The only book of theirs I've read is their LoA book. As for this new one, I've skimmed through it - reading selected parts randomly, sometimes based on what I saw in the index. The other book I have by them is Ask and It Is Given, and I've only skimmed/selectively read parts of that one too. So I'm not really sure how to answer. I don't think there are new concepts or even tools in this one. But if you're looking for something to re-emphasize what you already know or have already read/thought about, then reading this book will definitely do that :)

Maybe this will help - the reviews on Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/Money-Law-Att...dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

There are several customer review sites online. What I like to do with the amazon ones (especially when something has an exceptionally high rating) is to first read all of the low ratings. Chances are high that if 95% of people are raving about something, I'll probably appreciate it at least slightly. But I still want to know what the other 5% don't like about it.

..hmm

i'm reading

The 6 Most Important Decisions You'll Ever Make by Sean Covey

and Tuesdays with Morrie for english class ^^

i love them both!~

let the galaxy burn.
its a warhammer 40k book.

The dragon Ball z manga baby ;) :mlove2: (my childhood love ;)).
Lol i'm not such a book fan but i'm an obsessed comic book nerd :m204:

Last edited:
the sorrows of young Werther - Goethe
Howl's moving castle - Diana Wynne Jones
Metaphysical Meditations - Rene Descartes

Black Boy by Richard Wright

Racial dissonance -- The story in its entirety is quite melancholic. Beautifully written; Wright's writing is apt and simply, but with abstract connotation. (I'm sure INFJs would enjoy this memoir hence Wright's writing has a Dostoevski philosophical aura.)

Grimms fairy tales
The Decamerone of Boccaccio
Pride and prejudice.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Around the World in 80 Days

Classics! :D

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Around the World in 80 Days

Classics! :D

LOVE hitchhiker's!!! Cant wait to read it again!`

Gasp! I loved Pride and Prejudice... Mr. Darcy has ruined men for me..

Any Jane Austen book ruins men for all of us women...Le sigh

I haven't read all of her books yet. The 2005 movie of Pride and Prejudice was almost as good as the book, which surprised me. Usually I hate the movie after having read the book.