What book(s) are you currently reading? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What book(s) are you currently reading?

A collection of short stories by Roger Zelazny. I find them a little disorienting, particularly the one entitled "Divine Madness,"which brings up all-too-familiar feeling. The writing's fine, though.

Pragmatism - William James

Correspondence between Goethe and Schiller - Goethe, Schiller

Hunger - Knut Hamsun

Having a very difficult time reading the decamoerone its a whole other english language that hardly makes sense...I will finish it though. I have moved on to sense and sensibility.

I just finished Rides of the Midway. Which was about a young boy growing up and struggling with a rather wild attitude. He suffers from ghosts, drugs, sexual frustration, and religion. I rather liked it, however I think it was too short. I usually do though. I am reading about two books a week nowadays, because I have so much time on my hands. Now I have started The Movies of my Life, by a very popular Latin American author. Unfortunately, I am not sure what it is about, other than the influence of film on a yound seismologist. What are some of your guys' favorites?

I just purchased a book called Time and the Technosphere: The Law of Time In Human Affairs. It's a metaphysical examination of our current time system (ie: Gregorian Calendar -- also known as the 12:60 timing frequnecy) and how it affects world events including the 9/11 disaster -- it also proposes a new calendar system based which is based on a mayan based calendar which supposedly is more in harmony with earth's natural cycles. This kind of convoluted topic interests me greatly!

Last edited:
I just finished Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace a couple weeks ago. On surface it explores the lives of students at a tennis academy, Canadian terrorists, dysfunctional familial relationships, and residents at a substance abuse halfway house. At a deeper level it entertainingly considers the potential dangers hiding in pleasure and entertainment.

I'm currently reading Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie. A whimsically narrated story about the birth of India as told through the story of a man born at the same moment.

I'm currently reading Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie. A whimsically narrated story about the birth of India as told through the story of a man born at the same moment.
That sounds really good. I'm going to find that book. I have never read anything by him, but need to get around to it.. considering the fact that his works make people want to kill him.

Right now, I'm reading Dragonseed by Pearl Buck. I've read it before, but it's one of my favorite books of hers. Takes place during the Japanese invasion/occupation of China in WWII, and one family's means of survival. The sons join the resistance, and the second son's wife as well. The father shoots soldiers who come onto his property demanding food etc. until one day he decides that killing them is not right, even though it is the most practical thing to do. What I really love about the book, is that the beginning starts off with the second son and his wife, Jade. He loves her very much, but cannot be sure she loves him as she was bought by his father for him. They have this very sweet courtship (although married and consummated, they court and get to know each other) which is considered wildly innappropriate back then--a man did not love his wife, she was property. The dynamics of their relationship are really interesting because they go against what was 'normal' during that time in that culture.

Brave New World-Aldous Huxley

Great dystopian novel in the style of 1984. One thing I found funny is that they worship the T-Ford as it paved way for the assembly line which is the fundamental core in the authoritarian society.

Read "The Sword of Truth" series by Terry Goodkind... the best books I have EVER read.

The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly

'Once upon a time, there was a boy who lost his mother!' As twelve-year-old David takes refuge from his grief in the myths and fairytales so beloved of his dead mother, he finds the real world and the fantasy world begin to blend. That is when bad things start to happen. That is when the Crooked Man comes. And David is violently propelled into a land populated by heroes, wolves and monsters in his quest to find the legendary Book of Lost Things.

i have just finished
eleven minutes by paulo coehlo- yes it is too too too :m158: sexual and all

but....... it really has a powerful :m033: lesson (it made me cry)
and i think that it's meant for making the readers understand the life of a prostitute..and that they shouldn't be judged and used.. and why they also NEED to be respected

why they do it and all
oh ..... and true love:m015:

Finished reading "Hey Nostradamus!" by Douglas Coupland for the second time. That's a really nice book. I'm now reading "Batman and Philosophy", lol! Love me Batman I do.

I'm halfway through the fifth book of the Wheel of Time Series, for the second time. I read the first five at the start of last year, but then I just started reading some other books, and didn't pick it up again for a fair while, and as anyone who has read the series before will tell you, they really aren't the type of books that you can just pick up from where you left off with. There are too many characters and things going on and subtle references that you need to be aware of from the other books.
So I'm re-reading them! XD

I'm reading a few, but the fun one would have to be "Good Omens" by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. Love it! ((((Aziraphale)))

Read "The Sword of Truth" series by Terry Goodkind... the best books I have EVER read.
Yay! So true!
Faith of the Fallen - Terry Goodkind - 6th book in the Sword of Truth sequence and looks like it'll be one of the best :)
In the Night Cafe - Joyce Johnson - About people and the life of an artist.
The Beautiful and the Damned - F.Scott Fizgerald - Rich people with problems.
The Bloody Chamber - Angela Carter - Reading it for my English A-level next year. Seems pretty good.

Last edited:
The Red Queen - Matt Ridley

The Price of Honor: Muslim Women Lift the Veil of Silence on the Islamic World by Jan Goodwin

And about to start

Shame by Salman Rushdie