What are your 5 favorite movies? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

What are your 5 favorite movies?

I also reaaalllly liked the excorcist

OK I AM FINISHED I PWOMISE

1. The Addams Family
2. Norbit
3. The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galexy
4. Willy Wonka (both versions, I like the new one better though)
5. Amelie (I JUST saw it, and I simply LOVE it!)

Its so hard to pick just 5 xD To make it easier, I chose those I love based upon how frequently I watch them.
  1. A Beautiful Mind
  2. Girl, Interrupted
  3. Almost Famous
  4. Dead Poets Society
  5. The Doors
  • Notes: (I love these 80's movies)
  • I love the breakfast club too :D:D
  • and Sixteen Candles
  • and Pretty in Pink
  • Karate Kid

1. What dreams may come (imo the greatest love story of all times)
2. Meet Joe Black
3. Because I said so
4. My fair lady
5. Braveheart

Ohhh!! I loved the movie "What dreams may come"!!!
I'm gonna go watch it right now!!:hug:Thanks Wretched for reminding me!!!

Hmmm.

1) Network (1976)
2) A Clockwork Orange
3) Apocalypse Now
4) Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
5) The Godfather

I have beat myself up pretty badly trying to remember a movie that touched me. Anyone remember a movie of a female cellist that traveled abroad and was world renowned that got a disease and could play no longer?

1. Ever after
2. titanic
3. sound of music (im actually in it!)
4.mulan (good ole disney =) )
5.August rush

I have beat myself up pretty badly trying to remember a movie that touched me. Anyone remember a movie of a female cellist that traveled abroad and was world renowned that got a disease and could play no longer?
Are you thinking of Hilary and Jackie?

1. The Godfather, Part II
2. The Godfather
3. Goodfellas
4. Pulp Fiction
5. The Shawshank Redemption

Special mentions:

The Silence of the Lambs
Dog Day Afternoon
Schindler's List
The Departed
Raging Bull
Taxi Driver

Last edited:
Five really major ones (moved me/ones I really enjoyed)

Matrix
Babel
Hotel Rwanda
Sometimes in April
Spider-man 2

Last edited:
Hotel Rwanda pissed me off. I got into a huge argument with my sister (Bach International Relations from a sandstone uni), that the UN Troops should have massacred them. My sister said that they couldn't which is utter tripe.

They've got guns, they're issued ammunition, they could have wiped them out. My sister came up with the nonsense argument that they were ordered not to shoot unless fired upon directly. However an order is just a few words, you don't HAVE to pay attention unless you WANT to. No human is physically forced to do anything they don't want to do by words alone, you've gotta stop yourself in those instances.

Sure they'd be court marshalled, but they'd have clear consciences.

Hotel Rwanda pissed me off. I got into a huge argument with my sister (Bach International Relations from a sandstone uni), that the UN Troops should have massacred them. My sister said that they couldn't which is utter tripe.

They've got guns, they're issued ammunition, they could have wiped them out. My sister came up with the nonsense argument that they were ordered not to shoot unless fired upon directly. However an order is just a few words, you don't HAVE to pay attention unless you WANT to. No human is physically forced to do anything they don't want to do by words alone, you've gotta stop yourself in those instances.

Sure they'd be court marshalled, but they'd have clear consciences.

I really think part of the problem is the US Government at the time did not want to get involved with a conflict in Africa. The only abuses there were human rights - it had no interests to the UN at large. No diamonds, no oil, no gold...nothing that the first world nations needed. So of course they weren't going to provoke the warlords down there. But you better bet if it had anything to do with oil or if oil was at stake, they would've cut that conflict off within minutes of it starting.

And that's politics, folks.

It physically hurts me that the US government chooses resources over human lives time and time again.

Stop voting for Democrats or Republicans then. You're in a democracy, you've got that power to change your government.

Stop voting for Democrats or Republicans then. You're in a democracy, you've got that power to change your government.

I'd love to, Shai. If I had the power as one lone vote, we could make changes. But I'm not the people - I'm a part of it. Personally, I'm Libertarian. But even that won't make a change. Our nation affects the world, whether we want to or not, and we are interchanged with world politics. You can see this everywhere - most recently in the financial markets. Who do we rescue? Who do we leave alone? Why do we do the things we do? It's all politically motivated and yes - we need to do something.

But starting and finishing are our biggest hangups.

And now we hijacked the thread. This thread is for movies, not politics.

Start Advertising the Libertarian party... The republican party is failing. Get the Democrats to support the Libertarian party

Maybe. I've voted Libertarian before. But Ron Paul blew it - he was the biggest contender, but then he opened his mouth and racism dribbled out. So...it'll be a while.