What are your 5 favorite movies? | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

What are your 5 favorite movies?

12 monkeys.

My top 5 are:

Fight Club
Fave of all time, watched it when I was 12, changed my life
Taxi Driver
Film making doesn't get more real, honest and personal then this!
The Matrix
Again, changed the way I thought from a young age
Blade Runner
Deep, subtle and beautiful
Brazil
Hilarious/horrific, mesmerising/terrifying, beautiful/disgusting British sci-fi nightmare comedy

...and another five...

Blue Velvet
Surrealism in film at it's finest, flawless cinematic portrayal of corruption, sex and violence
Donnie Darko
Asks all the big questions about life, science and religion in a subtle and amazingly personal way
Seven
Morality, justice, evil- all masterfully presented themes in Fincher's beautifully horrible modern crime drama masterpiece!
Dekalog
Epic 10 part polish drama by Kiewslowski, the master of visual storytelling. Absolutely stunning
Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter and spring
Had to put a Kim Ki Duk film in here, South Korea is on fire for film!

Damn Yield, you've got a good taste in movies. I haven't seen some of them, but I'm almost 100% that they aren't romantic comedies, which are the worst unoriginal and just puke-worthy films every to be introduced to the general public.

Completely agree Slant! Not all, but alot of Rom-coms are heartless, soulless "Products", perpetuating materialistic and consumerist values. Near sighted capitalism personified as a Matthew McConaughey movie.

We should be friends.

Or, instead we could go to romantic comedies and stick needles on the seats that are infected with HIV to discourage people from viewing them :D

I like your style.

Frank made up for all of that...

Also, according to one of my film studies teachers, it was a "Family Drama"

I never really got film studies as a course or class. I'm not knocking it or anything, I'd just read multiple film study and film theory books before I was 13. By the time I got to having it as a choice it seemed boring and unnecessary for me. I had everything I needed to appreciate all types of film.

I'd never even thought about studying films before that class. It was really eye opening. And the teacher was the best teacher I've ever had he. He was SO gay that I think it was funny that he pretended to have a wife and two kids!

Well when you put it that way, I'd probably have taken the class too!

I've seen plenty of movies that I didn't hate, but I can only think of one that qualifies as being a favorite of mine.

Memento.

Memento = Awesome

In no particular order:

1) The Matrix
2) Red Cliff
3) Star Wars: A New Hope
4) Dead Poets Society
5) Ghostbusters

I've seen each one more times than I can remember and I'd gladly watch any of them again any time.

Reactions: Ginny
What a mean question. We have about 500 movies at home (don't know all of them, but I also know movies that we don't have, so it should balance out quite evenly). To choose only 5 of them???

If you'll allow me, I'd limit myself to one movie per genre, but I'll have to think about it.