This should tell us quite a bit...

Mine are...

1. Phonebooth
2. Independence Day
3. Office Space
4. The Matrix
5. The Count of Monte Cristo

1.Braveheart
2.LOTR: Return of the King (all of them really)
3.Borat
4.Matrix
5.Gladiator

It's hard to narrow them down to just 5.

I cheated, 5 was too few :roll:

Reservoir Dogs
The Lost Boys
Donnie Darko
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
The Butterfly Effect
Amelie
All 50/60's musicals

Picking only 5 is really hard...

1. O Brother Where Art Thou
2. Persuasion (1995)
3. The Temptations
4. Remember The Titans
5. Secondhand Lions

Honorable mention:

The Greatest Game Ever Played
13 Going On 30
Be Cool
Amelie (which might have made my top 5 if I knew French and didn't have to read the subtitles)
Chronicles of Narnia (The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe AND Prince Caspian)

In no order

The Ten Commandments
Rebecca
The Dark Crystal
Forbidden Planet

In no particular order.

Remember the Titans
A river runs through it
A raisin in the sun (old one with Sydney Potier)
The Count of Monte Cristo
Err, and I really liked Transformers, I guess.

Titanic
Rob Roy
Matrix et al
Dances With Wolves
Winterhawk

Oooh, this is hard! I have several favorites on any given day, So I think I'll try by genre

The Holiday
Good Will hunting
Once upon a time in China
Stranger than Fiction
I, Robot

I guarantee it'll be diff tomorrow!

Run Lola Run
Casablanca
Shree 420 (Old Hindi movie from 1955, starring and directed by Raj Kapoor
The Age of Innocence
Monty Python and the Holy Grail

1. Fiddler on the roof (in fact, if I believe I am getting serious with a guy, I make him watch this movie!)
2. My Fair Lady (I want to BE Eliza!)
3. The sound of Music (its a classic, what can i say? I'm a sucker for a good musical)
4. Much ado about nothing (Can Denzel and Keanu look any hotter in those uniforms!?!)
5. Midsummer Night's eve (its so corny and imaginative that I just fell in love with it)

ps my son and I watched Remember the Titans in the movies when it first came out and we cried openly and unabashedly in the theater ... then wiped our faces before walking out ;) What a wonderful film with so many good messages and lessons learned.

CokeNut said:
1. Fiddler on the roof (in fact, if I believe I am getting serious with a guy, I make him watch this movie!)
3. The sound of Music (its a classic, what can i say? I'm a sucker for a good musical)
4. Much ado about nothing (Can Denzel and Keanu look any hotter in those uniforms!?!)
5. Midsummer Night's eve (its so corny and imaginative that I just fell in love with it)
1. Brilliant, watched it again 2 nights ago
2. Absolute classic!
3. Hear, hear, me too
4. No, no they can't. Love it
Have those 4 in my DVD collection, what can I say CokeNut, you have wonderful taste ;)

Lurker said:
CokeNut said:
2. Absolute classic!
3. Hear, hear, me too
Have those 4 in my DVD collection, what can I say CokeNut, you have wonderful taste ;)

We have wonderful taste :D

You should see me watching these movies .... I get up and sing and dance with Topol to "if I were rich man" - I think I've got the dance down pat ... and when Audrey Hepburn tries to master "the rain in Spain" I'm right there with her, twirling around singing my heart out!

Can you believe I lived in NYC and never went to go see the Rocky Horror Picture Show in person? My sister went around 1989 and she said it was the best time ever. I wonder if its still playing after all these years?

Amelia
Goodbye Mr Chips
The Importance of Being Ernest
My PostZombieApoc Epic. (not yet written)
The Little Mermaid (shutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutup I like singing Under the Sea)

blackbird said:
1. O Brother Where Art Thou
Classic, hilarious, side-splitting funny! In my DVD collection.
Amelie (which might have made my top 5 if I knew French and didn't have to read the subtitles)
Yup, I love you now :?
sumone said:
He's my ancestor :)
Nice one, also in my DVD collection.

CokeNut said:
Lurker said:
CokeNut said:
2. Absolute classic!
3. Hear, hear, me too

We have wonderful taste :D

You should see me watching these movies .... I get up and sing and dance with Topol to "if I were rich man" - I think I've got the dance down pat ... and when Audrey Hepburn tries to master "the rain in Spain" I'm right there with her, twirling around singing my heart out!

Can you believe I lived in NYC and never went to go see the Rocky Horror Picture Show in person? My sister went around 1989 and she said it was the best time ever. I wonder if its still playing after all these years?
Oooh woman after my own heart :D

*Sigh* If I were a rich man, yup, I hear you, how can you watch that and not imitate the dance? though is it a dance? :? - meh it's classic never-the-less, my favourite is Tradition :mrgreen:

Hmm, and I wonder why people on INTJf think I'm and ENFP :roll:

Shai I have no right to pay you out after those confessions, The Little Mermaid is in!

I own all but one of Cokenut's fav's. My fair lady, taken from George Bernard Shaw, I could never do more than every now and then . . . sorry C'nut! I think it's b/c I'm a purist, and it doesn't follow the play!
But still, great movies!!

Watched "King Kong" yesterday. Adrian Brody's character is to die for!! He may not be hot, but his personality sure is! So yum!

ShaiGar said:
The Little Mermaid (shutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutup I like singing Under the Sea)

:) #6 on my list would be Fantasia. Watching it is a visceral experience, because I really do get pictures like that in my head when I listen to classical music.

Alice in Wonderland wouldn't be far behind. I don't care if it's not perfectly true to the book. I still love it!

Elizabeth said:
ShaiGar said:

:) #6 on my list would be Fantasia. Watching it is a visceral experience, because I really do get pictures like that in my head when I listen to classical music.

Alice in Wonderland wouldn't be far behind. I don't care if it's not perfectly true to the book. I still love it!
I want to see an alice in wonderland movie based on the macaffe game. I fell in love with that girl when I bought the game, so much like wednesday addams

Satya said:
This should tell us quite a bit...

I will list five, but I cannot say these are really the top five. I just can't narrow it down that far.

Edward Scissorhands
O Brother, Where Art Thou
Spider-Man 2
The Talented Mr. Ripley
The Bourne Supremacy

1. LOTR: The Fellowship of the Ring
2. Star Wars (all, I know that's cheating)
3. The Shawshank Redemption
4. High Noon
5. Rocky

Movies I've watched a thousand times...
1. Big Trouble in Little China
2. Tombstone
3. Alien, Aliens, Alien III, Alien Resurrection
4. Matrix series
5. True Romance

I'm pretty much obsessed with movies and had a chance to be an extra in Stephen King's "Dolan's Cadillac". They needed big guys and I made the cut. It wasn't a speaking role so I won't get credit, but I did get paid $56 dollars for the 6 hours I was on set. Very weird experience because they treat extras like poop. :evil: I was glad to do it just for the experience.

changes all the time. But right now i must say:

Das Leben Der Anderen (The lives of others)
Igby goes down
Wonder boys
Volver (pretty much everything by almodovar)
3 10 to Yuma