What are your 5 favorite movies? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

What are your 5 favorite movies?

Nader, maybe. But he's crazy too. He's too hot headed and he doesn't listen - and if he gets a bee in his bonnet, he'll go after that one thing and nothing else. No...we don't have an organized party that will do what needs to do with the world, and yet also balances domestic policy. Even certain brands of Libertarianism simply let conflicts happen because it cares more about domestic policies than those that happen abroad. It's even more hands-off than Democrats or Republicans when it comes to foreign policy.

I really think part of the problem is the US Government at the time did not want to get involved with a conflict in Africa. The only abuses there were human rights - it had no interests to the UN at large. No diamonds, no oil, no gold...nothing that the first world nations needed. So of course they weren't going to provoke the warlords down there. But you better bet if it had anything to do with oil or if oil was at stake, they would've cut that conflict off within minutes of it starting.

And that's politics, folks.

It physically hurts me that the US government chooses resources over human lives time and time again.

That post brings me sorrow...nothing personal, though.

That's a GOOD thing. People don't want America sticking their noses in.

:hug:, Just me: It's sad for me, too. But I see it time and time again. Ireland, Bosnia, the Middle East...these are publicized conflicts in the West. But the only thing we see publicized in Africa are the scenes of people dying by warlord's hands while the West remains separate from the conflicts. Unless it's South Africa and it threatens the (blood) diamond trade.

Is it good, Shai? Then where's the line? It's too late, we've already meddled too much and people depend on us to help them. When we stay out of conflicts we're blamed for letting war and conflicts perpetuate and standing idly by while hundreds of thousands die. When we jump in to help, we're blamed for meddling with the natural order of things, making things worse, and misunderstanding the conflicts. We have medicines that can cure polio, but only the rich nations can afford it. Is that fair? If you can afford it, you can get the surgery to save your life in the US - while you're on a waiting list in other countries. We have the money to feed the third world nations but we perpetually say "hands off" when it comes to their warring factions.

So tell me...what should we do? Who are we? What should we be? What should we become? There are no easy answers and we can't be all things to all men. We can only hope we do no more wrongs than we've already done, and to help and protect those who have chosen to be under our care - globally and domestically. But then, we also have to teach those folks to be self-sustaining, and not rely on us for what their leaders can provide.

Not easy, Shai. Not easy at all.

Stay out of all of them, or get involved in all of them.

But obey the words coming out of your own mouths with regards to all of them.

Stay out of all of them, or get involved in all of them.

But obey the words coming out of your own mouths with regards to all of them.

Or at least, understand what you're getting into before you start. Know the land, the situation, the country...etc.

It would make sense, Shai, if I were in charge. But I'm not. C'est la guerre.

Many years ago I personally(no big deal, just sharing) helped load a container going to Africa. There were several going and it was repeated again one more time when I was involved....possibly numerous times. There was a medical facility being built with funds from local doctors and other American citizens
in Africa. The financial and medical aid going overseas from America would astound most critics worldwide, and I'm talking non-governmental aid. When our economy hurts our benevolence suffers from its pains. When we are on a roll, the hearts go out to those countries and areas of the world that need help. Times occur when our government should possibly ask local governments' protection to see the aid gets to its destinations. There are times when that which has been given to the needy ends up in the wrong hands;
there are times when it doesn't.

Currently* my favourite movies are (in no particular order):

1. The Crow
2. Equilibrium
3. V For Vendetta
4. Edward Scissorhands
5. The Punisher

*They change often.

I want to add more :D

Drugs and/or Violence
Snatch
The Basketball diaries
Fight Club
American History X

Surreal
The butterfly effect
The number 23
Pink Floyd, The Wall
Waking life (Edit)

Last edited:
The Crow
The Fountain
Wings of Desire (the original by Wim Wenders)
Serenity
Underworld

I don't really have any favorites, but I have a few in mind that I really like.
1. Mirror Mask
2. Pan's Labyrinth
3. The Ballad of Jack and Rose
4. Tipping the Velvet
5. Ja Zuster, Nee Zuster

Casablanca
Gone with the Wind
Some like it Hot
Dangerous Liaisons with Glenn Close and John Malkovich
"Falesna kocicka" /False Kitty/- czech old movie from 1937

hmmm let me see...

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Princess and the Warrior
Lost in Translation
Amelie
Magnolia

all of them are very emotionally charged for me. And of course there are countless more...