The Walking Dead | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

The Walking Dead

Okay, I guess I'm going to be the douche who comes in and says I can't stand this show.

I was expecting huge things, but it's just really poorly written. There is zero tension, zero horror and zero surprise. What is the point of this show? To show a lot of impressive make-up and gore? Even the gross-out scenes stop short of being uniquely gross.

I managed to make it through season 1, and the only thing that I can actually remember from the first season is the first episode, which was pretty much a direct rip-off of 28 Days Later.

I hate all of the characters… even when they try to develop them, they just end up more annoying. The nameless, mindless, one-dimensional zombies are more interesting than every single one of them. I hate Rick the most, but I also hated Shane-- and I hated his wife and child-- seriously, the love triangle has to be one of the most banal plot devices of all time, and it's also really freaking obvious where they're going to take it-- they honestly didn't need to stretch it out over 2 whole seasons. I don't even really remember much of what else happened-- except buddy girl with her sister, which didn't seem to go anywhere. And I hate that guy with the RV and the old man hat-- he makes me feel like I'm watching a Canadian soap opera.

The only reason that Daryl is everyone's favorite is because he's the only one who has anything resembling a real personality, even though that personality can best be described as stereotypical redneck hick # 527. I guess it's cool that there even is a big budget show about zombies, but zombies in general have been overdone for quite some time now… and this show doesn't bring anything new to the table.

I don't think I would hate it so much if I had just ignored it from the beginning… but my buds and I managed to convince each other it was good-- until around the halfway mark of season 1, that is.

I find this show laughably stupid. It's a shame that it's so bad because the pilot episode is one of the best things I've seen on TV. It seems like no show will ever be able to replace LOST (IMO). Even if the ending wasn't what I wanted.

The only reason that Daryl is everyone's favorite is because he's the only one who has anything resembling a real personality
Agreed. And he doesn't talk much. Which is a plus because the dialogue is really bad.

Or like in Season 2, when Rick decided he had to go after that dumbfuck Hershel at the bar in town, and ended up bringing back the raider, which lead to the death of Shane ultimately and Dale.

Well, regardless of Rick bringing back the raider, which was pretty stupid and a bad judgment call, either Shane or Rick probably would have ended up killing each other some time soon. Shane just used the raider scenario to lead Rick away so he could try and kill him. If that hadn't happened, he would have done something else. The whole thing was sort of a ticking time bomb that would have gone off at some point.

Dale, kind of. It was depressing to see him die. He had a lot of character.

What he almost raped Lori! The fuck? Let me go see what Cosmo says about it. ;)

He did make the show interesting. I stopped watching after my Dale died. So, was it even still good or what with just Rick around being a vagina like you say? Lol. I've never really disliked a child character in my life until Carl. They wrote some of those people to be the most unsympathetic people ever lolol almost think the zombies ought to eat them

I have Dish Network. :/

So far the first two episodes of the second half of the second season have been better. The prison is interesting, and Lori's pregnancy is frightening (to me, lol, all the possibilities of giving birth to a child in this world). The group still keeps making really, really stupid decisions, though. At least there's a better sense of unity between the survivors, I suppose.

This Governor guy

He's manipulative as fug, and I don't trust him but I like him? Something is in that tea.

EDIT: lololol! Fuuuuuuuuuuuug I didn't trust him for good reason!

Last edited:
Nothing like a room full of fish tanks full of zombie heads. That screams nice, sane guy all over the damn place. LOL

Look just because a dude has a bunch of fishtanks filled with severed zombie heads does NOT in fact make him a bad guy.

Aren't they making this a game?

Look just because a dude has a bunch of fishtanks filled with severed zombie heads does NOT in fact make him a bad guy.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not but I agree and I still like him so far even though he is definitely manipulative and now, possibly nuts (one of the heads was the helicopter guy, right?)

This is going to be one of the more interesting characters I hope; he is very charming and says all the right stuff.

Not at all...apparently he uses them for entertainment, though the look on his face at the end there seemed like he was about 2 seconds away from spanking it.

The helicopter guy wasn't a zombie though, so he kind of messed up the aesthetic. He's a class A dickhead in the comics, so I bet there's more asshattery to come from him in future episodes.

I like that he is a MUCH better leader than Rick who is in fact a butthole. LOL ;) [MENTION=4871]CindyLou[/MENTION]

Thanks guys for the spoliers, it's not even aired here in the UK yet =/

I wouldn't check this thread until after it's aired in the future.

I like that he is a MUCH better leader than Rick who is in fact a butthole. LOL ;) [MENTION=4871]CindyLou[/MENTION]

Honestly, I agree. LOL. :p Rick IS really annoying but my hate for Shane was so strong that Rick seemed to glow in his presence. Rick needs to have a Shane high and tight moment hair moment, too. ;) The Gov is a great leader. He's got all the right stuff.

I can't stand Rick lately, I want to punch him in the face. I go "wtf" every time I see him. Can't say I liked him a lot before but it wasn't as bad as now.

Honestly, I agree. LOL. :p Rick IS really annoying but my hate for Shane was so strong that Rick seemed to glow in his presence. Rick needs to have a Shane high and tight moment hair moment, too. ;) The Gov is a great leader. He's got all the right stuff.
well from what I know of the comic, the Gov is kind of a bastard. But I like him for the same exact reason I liked Shane, they have similar character although Shane was a little more crudely cut while the governor has a sort of Southern Gentleman feeling to him. Shane was more of a redneck. But all in all they had the same MO... the Gov and Shane would have worked well together being realist types. Rick sucks because he is an Idealist and Idealists make the shittiest leaders since they are only operating out of their emotional capacity which is often not how reality is hard wired.

I can't stand Rick lately, I want to punch him in the face. I go "wtf" every time I see him. Can't say I liked him a lot before but it wasn't as bad as now.
He is slowly coming to terms with reality. His idealism is now tarnished, but he doesnt have the natural killer instinct to go 100% and do things right. he still half asses everything. Letting those 2 prisoners live after killing their friends was an example of that. Surely that will be whatever it is that eventually forces the group into another dangerous situation.