The Walking Dead

Wyst

Are you there?
Jun 30, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I just watched this series this week. Absolutely loved it. AMC really sold it short by only making the 1st season a mere 6 episodes. And we have to wait until next October until season 2?? Geez.

Of course the opening scene really reminded me of 28 Days Later. How could it not. Overall, the series reminds me of Jericho. People banding together to survive, many obstacles and dangers in their way, national security is destroyed, and things like food, guns, and ammunition become the most valuable commodities. Let's hope it lasts longer than Jericho did.

I might be a few months late to this party but let's discus =)

do you have a link to any video clips?

[youtube]R1v0uFms68U[/youtube]

Seems like a very interesting series. May watch it. Thx for posting.

Cool, and btw it was on AMC. Not one of the major broadcasting networks...

I'm not advocating this site, but if you try www.alluc.org you can see some TV shows and movies you can't find anywhere else. Warning though: Make sure you don't pick up any malware. These sites aren't known for being the best in the world.

I saw the first season on tv while it was airing. It was pretty good and veered away from the comics a bit (or so i am told). Season two will hopefully be just as good as the first.

I read the comics. I don't think I'm going to watch the series... *shivers*

the
zombie girl holding the teddy bear
is scary and gutwrenching as hell.

Anyone else like this series?

It starts back up tonight at 9pm est on AMC.

Yup. It scares, and grosses me out, though.

Heck yeah! I've been waiting all day for it.

My favorite series right now. I could do without the gore but I love everything else about the show

Yep, Just finished watching. My only complaint is that they didn't show any scenes from next week at the end. boo

lol I watched this comic strip shit after just to catch the teaser of the next episode. Looks pretty good! :)

I was just telling my wife that they sure are getting their advertising in... Seems like there is 30 minutes of commercials for a hour long show. Then they make you watch part of that new show to see the preview.

They know a lot of us are hooked, lol.

It's a lot easier to just go to their website and watch the teaser.

Some things annoy me about the show even though I love it.

Every single female character on that show annoys me. It's like there are no female writers. The short haired woman (can't remember her name) hides under a separate vehicle from her daughter, and then when her daughter is lost in the woods, hangs back and lets others search for her. Either she is a terrible mother, or it is not realistic. I guess we are all supposed to believe that the morning after pill works after you find out you're pregnant, and everyone thinks this in this world. Also, the farmer's daughter is a total bitch, no reason for her bitchy behavior, just immature childish bitchy behavior.

Dale/Daryl are my favorite characters.

Reactions: Azazel
Some things annoy me about the show even though I love it.

Every single female character on that show annoys me. It's like there are no female writers. The short haired woman (can't remember her name) hides under a separate vehicle from her daughter, and then when her daughter is lost in the woods, hangs back and lets others search for her. Either she is a terrible mother, or it is not realistic. I guess we are all supposed to believe that the morning after pill works after you find out you're pregnant, and everyone thinks this in this world. Also, the farmer's daughter is a total bitch, no reason for her bitchy behavior, just immature childish bitchy behavior.

Dale/Daryl are my favorite characters.

I don't mind Maggie so much, she actually one of the females I kind of like...she's assertive and speaks her mind. Carol isn't really that bad either, IMO...she holds her own doing a lot of the cooking and the laundry. After they arrive at the farm, none of the women except Andrea searches for Sophia, and that's only because Andrea knows how to handle a gun. The hiding under the cars thing...she didn't really have a choice...it was dive under the nearest car or be found by the walkers. Sophia and Carl were both under a different car than their mothers. Honestly, I much prefer this Carol over the one in the comics. Lori, on the other hand, annoys me to no end. Just the fact that she hasn't said anything to
Rick about her little tryst with Shane pisses me off. They both honestly thought he was dead, so why are they keeping it so secretive? She's an icky, dishonest bitch, IMO. Darryl won major brownie points with me when he called her Olive Oyl and basically told her to f-off...that cracked me up.

I don't mind Maggie so much, she actually one of the females I kind of like...she's assertive and speaks her mind. Carol isn't really that bad either, IMO...she holds her own doing a lot of the cooking and the laundry. After they arrive at the farm, none of the women except Andrea searches for Sophia, and that's only because Andrea knows how to handle a gun. The hiding under the cars thing...she didn't really have a choice...it was dive under the nearest car or be found by the walkers. Sophia and Carl were both under a different car than their mothers. Honestly, I much prefer this Carol over the one in the comics. Lori, on the other hand, annoys me to no end. Just the fact that she hasn't said anything to
Rick about her little tryst with Shane pisses me off. They both honestly thought he was dead, so why are they keeping it so secretive? She's an icky, dishonest bitch, IMO. Darryl won major brownie points with me when he called her Olive Oyl and basically told her to f-off...that cracked me up.

+1

Agreed, and true[second statement], something reveal themselves as the progress continues, the ending jus wouldn't have been as sweet IMO ;) ............>>