The Walking Dead | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

The Walking Dead

I equally hate Lori and also think she's a terrible mother. I loved that Daryl called her Olive Oil. As far as Carol, I'd never let someone else search for my daughter, I would be out there looking for her too. You wouldn't be able to keep me out of the woods.

I can't stand any of the female characters, none of them are likable. I couldn't care less if zombies ate them.

Well, thinking about it after reading all of the posts, I have to agree. I have a feeling that a story line was thought about (little girl becomes a zombie after a half of a season of looking for her, and the climax is her zombified body being destroyed) and then they just followed that story line without as much attention to the development of some of the characters in the context of that reality.

They sacrificed authentic personality for an exciting plot.

Having said all of that, I still find this series to be very engaging, and eat up all of the suspense and scares that it affords.

What did you all think about Hershel's reaction to Rick quickly putting down the threat of those two guys at the end of the last episode?

I saw respect, and maybe a bit of understanding relating to what he had just gone through with his own mistakes and questioning of long held beliefs.

Anyone still watching this? I stopped watching after Dale died. Curious if all the women are still super annoying

are they dead?

The new season hasn't started yet.

Oh. That's right. Why does it seem like it's been ages since the last episode? LOL

It's so almost time on the east coast for the new season!

I've had the marathon on all day. Even when I was busy doing other things.

What I don't understand is how Rick is the leader, he is a fucking MORON! He leads the group from 1 disaster to the next. I favored Shane as the leader since he was a real survivor. All the hand wringing and teeth gnashing about that little shit Carl coming of age in such a scary world really pisses me off... in a lot of ways it parodies real life in how so many people in the 1st world are just so unbelievably BLIND to how the world truly works and how so many people like sheep just try to live in this illusion of civility. The fucking dead are rising and eating people you stupid bitch! Give your son a GUN and let him learn to defend the camp so he has a shot of surviving! I was having a conversation with a friend just yesterday about Pink Floyd's album "Animals" and how some people are pigs, dogs or sheep... the intentionally blind mentality that Dale, Rick, Lori, and Hershel have are definite SHEEP. "meek and obedient, follow the leader down well trodden corridors into the valley of steel" could not more aptly describe how sheepish they are. In honor of the series, I will forever refer to people of that nature as "zombie fodder" because in a zombie apocalypse they are most certainly just that, the 1st to die, the main cause of everyone around them dying, cursed, stupid, overly-idealistic. At the end of season 2, I didnt understand, Rick turns from a crybaby follower of the moral code to some crybaby follower of the moral code with a dictator complex. Hes like "you wanna stay in this group its my way!" I would have directed him to suck my dick immediately at that point. Based on the evidence he is in NO condition mentally or emotionally to be leading anybody, of course he has a group of even weak followers now, so that must make his erection feel mighty. I truly hope Lori and Carl get eaten this season to spite him.

Another thing, in WHAT WORLD would some crusty old man telling you "get off my land" be any kind of a threat when you have a dozen people in your camp with guns? The 1st thing they should have done in season 2 when they found the farm was to execute Hershel, then the barn full of walkers. Then dedicate ALL manpower to building a REAL barrier around the property and the wells. Log some trees and put in stump barriers up to 6 foot high buried another 6 foot into the earth with a simple draw bridge type door. BAMN everyone is safe... instead they spent the entire season crying and whining about the most moral way of handling things would be... fuck that stuff annoys me.... its like... PEOPLE! the DEAD are RISING and EATING the living!!!! HELLLO?!

I hated Shane. He wasn't a leader, he was a loose cannon. Glad he's dead. Rick is better.

I hated Shane. He wasn't a leader, he was a loose cannon. Glad he's dead. Rick is better.
CindyLou = zombiefodder SHane may have been a loose cannon but he was much better at survival, far more practical. Almost every major disaster that had something to do with the group had Rick behind it somewhere. I dont agree with the idea that its better to be dead and morally correct than it is to be alive and a little unscrupulous.

What I don't understand is how Rick is the leader, he is a fucking MORON! He leads the group from 1 disaster to the next. I favored Shane as the leader since he was a real survivor. All the hand wringing and teeth gnashing about that little shit Carl coming of age in such a scary world really pisses me off... in a lot of ways it parodies real life in how so many people in the 1st world are just so unbelievably BLIND to how the world truly works and how so many people like sheep just try to live in this illusion of civility. The fucking dead are rising and eating people you stupid bitch! Give your son a GUN and let him learn to defend the camp so he has a shot of surviving! I was having a conversation with a friend just yesterday about Pink Floyd's album "Animals" and how some people are pigs, dogs or sheep... the intentionally blind mentality that Dale, Rick, Lori, and Hershel have are definite SHEEP. "meek and obedient, follow the leader down well trodden corridors into the valley of steel" could not more aptly describe how sheepish they are. In honor of the series, I will forever refer to people of that nature as "zombie fodder" because in a zombie apocalypse they are most certainly just that, the 1st to die, the main cause of everyone around them dying, cursed, stupid, overly-idealistic. At the end of season 2, I didnt understand, Rick turns from a crybaby follower of the moral code to some crybaby follower of the moral code with a dictator complex. Hes like "you wanna stay in this group its my way!" I would have directed him to suck my dick immediately at that point. Based on the evidence he is in NO condition mentally or emotionally to be leading anybody, of course he has a group of even weak followers now, so that must make his erection feel mighty. I truly hope Lori and Carl get eaten this season to spite him.

Another thing, in WHAT WORLD would some crusty old man telling you "get off my land" be any kind of a threat when you have a dozen people in your camp with guns? The 1st thing they should have done in season 2 when they found the farm was to execute Hershel, then the barn full of walkers. Then dedicate ALL manpower to building a REAL barrier around the property and the wells. Log some trees and put in stump barriers up to 6 foot high buried another 6 foot into the earth with a simple draw bridge type door. BAMN everyone is safe... instead they spent the entire season crying and whining about the most moral way of handling things would be... fuck that stuff annoys me.... its like... PEOPLE! the DEAD are RISING and EATING the living!!!! HELLLO?!

This is all utter horseshit. Rick was a thinker. Shane was an animal. LOL ;)

Shane only lived after the bus incident because of Rick's mercy. Shane was wrong, his philosophy was wrong and Rick was clearly, clearly the better leader. ;)

I hate all of them except the crossbow guy, I forget his name. Everyone else could die and I wouldn't care. Oh, and I like Michonne. She is the reason to watch this season.

This is all utter horseshit. Rick was a thinker. Shane was an animal. LOL ;)

A thinker? more like a FEELER every step he took had to do with how he felt emotionally. Shane was the thinker, always crunching the situation, planning for survival. Rick was planning on moral consistency. In a world where the dead are eating a living, moral consistency becomes a chain and ball that drags you under the water.

Shane only lived after the bus incident because of Rick's mercy. Shane was wrong, his philosophy was wrong and Rick was clearly, clearly the better leader. ;)
Shane wouldn't have been out there had they just killed the raider to begin with. WHICH they were going to do AFTER Rick lead them into a death trap 15 miles from the farm. Turns out the raider was a scumbag anyway. He was going to either kill or use Carl to get away and lead his band of rapists back. Rick didnt have the guts to do the smart thing. And instead wasted a shitload of ammo and almost got Shane killed.

Reactions: hush
I hate all of them except the crossbow guy, I forget his name. Everyone else could die and I wouldn't care. Oh, and I like Michonne. She is the reason to watch this season.

Daryl. He is my favorite. :eek:)

Damn its addictive

A thinker? more like a FEELER every step he took had to do with how he felt emotionally. Shane was the thinker, always crunching the situation, planning for survival. Rick was planning on moral consistency. In a world where the dead are eating a living, moral consistency becomes a chain and ball that drags you under the water.

It's been a couple months but I see it differently. Rick was precise and thought things through. Shane was like a marine. Shane was a good person to keep around but was a total loose cannon. Remember the zombie barn incident? His entire philosophy was a crock of shit too. Dale was right, the entire group would have died faster and possibly humanity in general under shane's philosophy. The idea that morals are just a ball and chain is just a feel good feeler knee jerk reaction of someone not thinking but feeling.