The Walking Dead | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

The Walking Dead

[MENTION=6214]Ada[/MENTION] it's why I stopped watching after my favorite old was killed. :/ I'm watching it again now.

I would have been kissing Merle's ass and said thank you a long time ago. To me, that's just a woman's natural way to survive, which is to appreciate any sign of kindness or nurturing after they were 'taken' like that. It's why I still have a hard time with the women in the show, some underlying and invisible things seem a bit unnatural to me.

well from what I know of the comic, the Gov is kind of a bastard. But I like him for the same exact reason I liked Shane, they have similar character although Shane was a little more crudely cut while the governor has a sort of Southern Gentleman feeling to him. Shane was more of a redneck. But all in all they had the same MO... the Gov and Shane would have worked well together being realist types. Rick sucks because he is an Idealist and Idealists make the shittiest leaders since they are only operating out of their emotional capacity which is often not how reality is hard wired.

Shane would have been good working under the Gov. I would have liked to have seen Shane in that community working as one of the police types and getting some of his humanity back maybe. The reason why I like the Gov over Shane is that the Gov is smart, and knows enough about the underlying invisible needs of people to lead (or mislead) them. Shane didn't get that, and is why I didn't like Shane as a leader. I just saw an animal and I pictured Shane's world under his philosophy and it was very primitive, purposeless, and barbaric.

I don't know anything about the comic, though I heard my wise old shouldn't be dead yet. :p

He is slowly coming to terms with reality. His idealism is now tarnished, but he doesnt have the natural killer instinct to go 100% and do things right. he still half asses everything. Letting those 2 prisoners live after killing their friends was an example of that. Surely that will be whatever it is that eventually forces the group into another dangerous situation.

I agree with you. I don't like the decisions he makes, I often can't follow them because they seem illogical to me. His occasional freak-outs annoy me a bit as well.
Moreover, I expected that latino guy, what's his name, to stay for a few episodes more. I expected something more to happen before Rick slices him :/

Shane would have been good working under the Gov. I would have liked to have seen Shane in that community working as one of the police types and getting some of his humanity back maybe. The reason why I like the Gov over Shane is that the Gov is smart, and knows enough about the underlying invisible needs of people to lead (or mislead) them. Shane didn't get that, and is why I didn't like Shane as a leader. I just saw an animal and I pictured Shane's world under his philosophy and it was very primitive, purposeless, and barbaric.

I don't know anything about the comic, though I heard my wise old shouldn't be dead yet. :p

My husband gives me all the spoilers from time to time because he reads the comics too :) Dale's leg should have been cut off as far as I remember, so yes, he survives longer, damn it. I still can't get over it: he was killed too soon, imo.

There's still my fav redneck left, so I'm watching but I will continue to watch no matter what. I just want to know how it ends. All women suck in this show, imho, but it's nothing new for me, so I don't even pay attention at it.

So I'm watching the new season of: The Walking Dead...

I enjoy the series I really do, but some of those folk are really... bad at thinking of ways to survive and at building defensible communities.

What do you like/dislike about the walking dead?

So I'm watching the new season of: The Walking Dead...

I enjoy the series I really do, but some of those folk are really... bad at thinking of ways to survive and at building defensible communities.

What do you like/dislike about the walking dead?

I love The Walking Dead. You have to remember that the writers' goal in developing plotlines has to always keep tension within the story. When one or more conflicts become resolved then they have to introduce new problems into the story. So the theme of survival within The Walking Dead's universe cannot ever truly be resolved without ending the series for good. There's no such thing as safety and security in that world or else there would be no story to tell.

How they go about introducing conflicts, problems, mistakes, accidents, etc. would have more to do with the writers and developers rather than the characters as it's their job to make those issues seem plausible.

I had just finished reading this article critical of the midseason finale last night and season 6 as a whole so far (spoilers if you aren't up to date). I think it's right in some regards, but too critical in other regards (such as expecting the height of tension at all times; a lull in the storyline indicates a shift and redevelopment of tension [Negan tease, anyone?]).

It's true that the whole Alexandrian arc has been in a very difficult thematic conundrum where they had to shift the danger away from outside the walls to inside the walls. The focus shifts to bewildering character behavior where the insertion of problems to be resolved takes place, i.e. people seem to make less sense, while simultaneously developing the characters for us to become invested in and identify with and give weight to the tension in the plotline. We have to identify with the characters for us to be invested in the story, but it becomes harder when the writer's distort the characters for the sake of the story.

Although given the breach of the midseason finale and the Negan tease I think they are working towards something that will be very rewarding.

I always think this show might be going downhill, but then it just slams my face against the wall and says nope, still awesome.

Try to keep any spoilers you may have in the [ *spoiler* ] tags

attachment.php

Attachments

• ob_7075b3_walking-dead-s5.jpg
    ob_7075b3_walking-dead-s5.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: Free
Massive spoilers obviously, but a great tribute video

[video=youtube;YMgHD7HR8jc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMgHD7HR8jc[/video]

I finally got around to watching the new episode of TWD.

:jaw:

So...does anyone else have an issue with decaying bodies that somehow retain muscle function AND in a way that makes them stronger than normal healthy muscles?
Or that infection only happens through biting and not through getting nasty decaying human tissue in your mouth or in your eyes?

So...does anyone else have an issue with decaying bodies that somehow retain muscle function AND in a way that makes them stronger than normal healthy muscles?
Or that infection only happens through biting and not through getting nasty decaying human tissue in your mouth or in your eyes?

No.

attachment.php

Attachments

• BecauseZombies_GamePlay8.jpg
    BecauseZombies_GamePlay8.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 28

I have thought about this, extensively, to the point where I recognized that I was over-thinking things. (I can dwell on things for eons without realizing I'm either reading too much into things or over-thinking to the point I've lost rational sense.)

Regarding muscle function, the reanimation properties of the virus must preserve muscle cells in such a way that the electrical impulses from the brain still allow for movement and flexibility to a certain degree. They do decay, just at a much slower rate than a non-infected human would. Muscles still function well beyond death with simple electrical stimuli, so I think this is what we're seeing at work.

The transference from bite versus bloodborne mucus membrane infection was also odd to me. However, I stopped thinking too much on this when we saw what happened with Shane.
The virus itself is within everyone. Everyone is infected, but does not become a walker till they die, or at all, if after death they receive extensive enough head trauma that the brain ceases to process electrical stimuli throughout the body. Just like any other disease, the airborne strain is slower and weaker than the bloodborne one transferred directly to the bloodstream via bite.
Think Komodo Dragon. A scratch from one of their teeth can infect you, but a bite would most certainly kill you. This leads me to believe that the bloodborne strain of infection is microbial and a bite offers a concentrated dose of this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wyote
Also, this is what I have to say to anyone who complains about the grass always being mowed or other such trivialities that have nothing to do with how great the acting is or how good the character development has been, which are what actually matter in a work of fiction

attachment.php

Attachments

• ihaveacrabhatof5_1_.jpg
    ihaveacrabhatof5_1_.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 35
Also, this is what I have to say to anyone who complains about the grass always being mowed or other such trivialities that have nothing to do with how great the acting is or how good the character development has been, which are what actually matter in a work of fiction

attachment.php

Exactly. Those perfectly manicured lawns do not for an instant take away from the drama of the fight for the survival of the human spirit. :D

Last edited:

The death of Jessie and her kids, Carl being shot in the eye, the empowering coming together of the community to kill the horde of walkers under the banner of Rick's mournful rage against them... amazing. And wtf, poor Rick.

[MENTION=13729]Free[/MENTION] Do you watch The Talking Dead?
The final Wolf dude as a guest was awesome, that guy is a phenomenal actor! Geez. They all are though. Such different people off camera. That's one of the things I appreciate most about the show.

[MENTION=13729]Free[/MENTION] Do you watch The Talking Dead?
The final Wolf dude as a guest was awesome, that guy is a phenomenal actor! Geez. They all are though. Such different people off camera. That's one of the things I appreciate most about the show.

I do! I love seeing the actors out of character and hearing their thoughts on the show. It's also great to see them interacting with each other as (normal) people. I think that does prove their acting abilities right there, the fact that they can immerse themselves so completely in their roles, some of which are completely the opposite of who they are irl. I, too, appreciate that about the show as well. How difficult that must be, to throw yourself entirely into someone else, to think as they would, to react as they would. My goodness!
The Wolves were definitely formidable antagonists for the show. Their survival skills alone were exceptional, even if their methods were gruesome. It really does show how our little societies and how we govern ourselves will be ripped apart at the seams if such an apocalypse really happened, and how that can bring out the best and the worst in us all. I think that's exactly what Wolfman symbolically was. And, oh shit, Carol is kinda pissed. I wonder how that's going to affect the community in the aftermath when they are trying to rebuild? The one thing that I was happy about, it seems Rick has finally recaptured his faith in humanity- something that was hanging by a thread in the days of Shane and Lori. I thought he would lose it for sure after losing Jessie as well, but... that last scene when he was holding Carl's hand... turned me to mush. I think he finally realizes what people are capable of when truly faced with the self-annihilation of their inherit goodness and also when they've been inspired to fight not just for themselves, but for each other.

Reactions: Wyote
How do zombies stay hydrated?

Attachments

• business-commerce-osmosis-ceos-chief_executives-chief_execs-bosses-mgdn1117_low.jpg
    business-commerce-osmosis-ceos-chief_executives-chief_execs-bosses-mgdn1117_low.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 26