The Walking Dead | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

The Walking Dead

I was right about "Lost." The writters adamantly denied what I guessed about Lost early on and the at the end ...thats what it was about.
Im seeing a similar theme popping up in TWD.
Watched the most recent episode last night. The only thing I could think of is "Look at what you are willing to do to stay alive in a crap world." Look how hard you are fighting to hold on to crap.
No one in the show talks about how insane it is these things are even able to walk around. They just accept it. Super humanly strong zombies that can be blown apart by a water canon.
And how are zombies always sneaking up on people?

That is explained in the final episode of season 1 when they go to the cdc

Worst finale ever.

Reactions: Free
Worst finale ever.

It was very disappointing. It was a very slow and plodding lead up to the Negan reveal. The cliffhanger is also not necessarily bad in itself, but it leaves the rest of the episode all the more empty. The only interesting part of the episode was the reveal of Negan and nothing else. Next season's premiere will have the revelation of the cliffhanger, so the finale is left with nothing of note.

Very disappointing.

So the reaction to this finale has been hugely negative. After thinking about it for a bit and really trying to understand where the creators are going with this idea I can see how they thought from an episode standpoint and story arch perspective it is creatively a more interesting decision. The thing is, they aren't in touch with their audience. It was a bit of a misstep. The audience was fully invested in seeing bloodshed at the finale. It had been building to it and technically it was delivered but in withholding who the actual victim is, it deflates the entire episode and in a sense the entire season. If you were to watch as a late joiner, being able to see this finale and then immediately watch the premiere of next season then artistically it is pretty cool, but again that is just ignoring the audience's invested feelings. I read that it got around a 70% negative reaction on twitter. I'm still pretty pissed, but it was such a great season overall that I'm not about to jump ship over it like a lot of people seem to be saying (you know they are full of shit though because this always happens for various things and yet ratings continue to be good).

Reactions: Free
Worst finale ever.

I liked the episode as a whole, but the ending definitely ruined it. A cliffhanger would have been fine if they hadn't been stringing us a long, but at this point it's just frustrating.

As soon as it ended I said, "I wish I hadn't even watched that."

Are you kidding me? What was wrong with it. An episode doesn't have to have guts and explosions to be cool. I thought it the building realisation that these guys were the real deal and ricks team just small fry who were basically rats in a maze was awesome. Negan was cooler than cool.

A very dramatic and emotionally charged ending. I loved it

From a creative standpoint it was a decent way to end but it's the fact that the audience was expecting a death and they had been playing this up and alluding to it the entire season and then.... nada.

They chose to torture the audience for their own creativity which is pretty damn ballsy. I don't like it, but I respect it.

From a creative standpoint it was a decent way to end but it's the fact that the audience was expecting a death and they had been playing this up and alluding to it the entire season and then.... nada.

They chose to torture the audience for their own creativity which is pretty damn ballsy. I don't like it, but I respect it.

There was a death. How many times can someone get hit over the head with a baseball bat covered in barbed wire and live? Im guessing two or three.

From Negans point of view it makes sense to kill the dying pregnant girl. I.e. Maggie. What he wants is wolves right? Its unlikely to be Rick, Daryl, Mishone (I don't know if that's how its spelled), Abraham, roseta or Carl. Eugene is probably safe because he can make bullets. That doesn't really leave many options

Last edited:
If it was Rick that would be ballsy.

He says takin' it like a champ. My guess is Michone or Maggie and baby.

That was my first guess, but he's a big guy. I guess he could either be a threat or an asset, as such.

It depends whether they write it in a way that makes sense from negans point of view or something shocking for the viewers. If they go for shock all bets are off

Reactions: grt$5vb
I'm not one to play the speculation game, but it's difficult in this case. I honestly don't think it would be Rick. Abe or Eugene would be my bet. Eugene can make bullets, but he gave Rick the instructions to do so... just in case. A little foreshadow at play? Perhaps. Or perhaps as [MENTION=472]Poetic Justice[/MENTION] says, all the build up and no climax for a greater shock value at the season premiere. Though I doubt they would let fans down by killing off a beloved character such as Rick, Daryl, or the other mains, it's not entirely beyond them. Who knows what those shifty writers are plotting when we're just along for the ride?

Do any of you watch talking dead? They said the cast is really upset, because none of them know which has to leave when they resume filming. They are sick about it. The writer and director, I believe, said they like cliffhangers and thought we would... fuck off ... and they mentioned the death would rock the group and shift the dynamic. Maybe they are b.s.ing, but if not it would have to be a core member.

The crazy thing to me has been that Noah is the last non-Alexandrite death!

Rick isn't likely to ever be killed. It's possible, but highly unlikely (possibly as a series finale). It'd be a huge shift from the longstanding centralized, main character narrative and Fear the Walking Dead has seemingly already distinguished itself from The Walking Dead by diffusing the character leads. They'd likely have to set up a new lead character that contained a natural storyline progression, like Carl or even Judith if it either ran long enough or they jumped ahead in time following his death.

Rick is the only one I feel is safe from death (not from injury though).

As for the season finale, I read a good point somewhere that it isn't likely to be Carl due to Negan's threat to his men regarding him as he kills one of the group members. So it would make sense that Carl is not the one being killed if he's being used as leverage against the rest of the group.

In the comics, it's supposed to be Glenn. As Glenn is one of the longest surviving members (Rick, Carl, Carol, Daryl, Glenn, and Morgan have survived since the premiere although Morgan wasn't a central cast member until this season) it might be seen as a letdown if it's one of the comparably lesser characters like Eugene, Aaron, Sasha, or Rosita. I get the feeling it may be Eugene due to his exchange with Rick earlier in the episode, but it may be any of them other than Rick or Carl. Before the start of the episode, I was getting the sense that it may have been leading towards Maggie due to her pregnancy. Her relationship with Glenn might be construed as a nod to the outcome in the comics, but also because of her pregnancy the show might be disinclined to have another baby in the story. It's difficult to write and rationalize that in the storyline while also having the characters acknowledge the difficulty. Given the events in the final episode though, she could survive and still lose the child. The death of Abraham, Sasha, or Rosita would be another aspect in their strange relationship triangle they've been going through, but I think it would still be a very weak development.

I haven't read the graphic novel, so I don't know how it's supposed to play out, but I think it should be Rick even if it's not likely to happen. What's he been doing for the past several episodes but looking like a crazed rooster and being predictably suspicious and/or aggressive? His character on the show has been subtly losing substance for quite a while. The only thing that stands out about him is that he's been the "leader" since the beginning. I think that as far as the series is concerned, it would be the perfect time to axe him, taking away the audience's sense of safety and maybe reviving some of the suspense and desparation.