The Walking Dead | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

The Walking Dead

I haven't read the graphic novel, so I don't know how it's supposed to play out, but I think it should be Rick even if it's not likely to happen. What's he been doing for the past several episodes but looking like a crazed rooster and being predictably suspicious of people? His character on the show has been subtly losing substance for quite a while. The only thing that stands out about him is that he's been the "leader" since the beginning. I think that as far as the series is concerned, it would be the perfect time to axe him, taking away the audience's sense of safety and maybe reviving some of the suspense and desparation.

He has been slipping, but it seems like natural character and narrative progression to me. It'll be resolved at some point, but I doubt it'll be by his death. On The Talking Dead after the finale, Robert Kirkman compared Negan to Rick in his brutality and thought that Negan was the hero of his own story to which I strongly disagreed.

The differences between Rick and Negan or even the Governor aren't in their brutality, but their motivations. Rick is concerned with the survival and welfare of his family and friends and the same cannot be said for either Negan or the Governor. If it came right down to it, Rick would certainly sacrifice himself to save Carl or Judith and would likely sacrifice himself for the group as well (maybe/possibly/arguably depending on the context [remember he chided Tara for putting herself at risk when Spencer tried to scale over the wall of Alexandria although he hadn't yet accepted them as part of his group]).

i'm with [MENTION=4822]Matt3737[/MENTION] and [MENTION=13729]Free[/MENTION] on this one. I have a feeling it'll be Eugene and it's precisely because of how he came to terms with the fact that he was going to die when he was trying to be the diversion to let the others take Maggs on foot, and he gave Rick the instructions on how to make bullets. His usefulness is used up, unless they're going to add more to his character development and he'll come out a hero. I know it's supposed to be Glenn, but I really love Glenn and would probably rage quit the show if it were him. His relationship with Maggie and the baby on the way are providing a real sense of hope that life is still worth living and fighting and dying for. But has anyone ever considered that it may not even be one of these guys? Negan may just beat someone bloody and not kill them at all. We were promised a death, but no promises were made that it would be Negan to take the life, only that he would have his barbed bat in tow. Carol is seriously hurt, but I doubt it would be her. It better not be anyway, lol I love Carol too!

I didn't think he was going to kill anyone, just give them a beating, but then I listened to how many blows he gave and I cannot imagine anyone surviving being beaten with a wooden bat, much less barbed wire, sheesh! Good point, though. I think it would be awesome if some of the swings were Dwight or anyone beating Negan with his own bat.

Yeah, I don't see them keeping another baby in the storyline either. Insontis thinks Maggie AND Glenn are getting the axe!

Yeah, I don't see them keeping another baby in the storyline either. Insontis thinks Maggie AND Glenn are getting the axe!

That'd be really interesting. I don't think he's going to kill any more than one person though. He wants to keep everyone else as his slaves for his own benefit. Part of him sizing up the group was seeing what the relationships were among the group and who he would be able to single out for execution. When he went towards Maggie the first time, Glenn immediately cried out. I think if he were to go for Maggie for real, Glenn wouldn't be able to hold back regardless of the threat he made against Carl. If that happens, he loses control of the situation, looks bad, and possibly more people have to die.

I don't think he'll go for Maggie because he's already aware of Glenn's relationship. He can go for Glenn though because Maggie is far too weak to even move. My bet is on either Glenn or Eugene. I think Maggie is likely to lose the baby as well given that it's been done before with Judith and the difficulties involved. It'll be a new issue they haven't really touched on yet in the series. Would a stillbirth result in a zombified fetus?

I feel like they have been really respectful of their audience as far as babies are concerned. I doubt they will show a zombified baby or anyone having to put it down. That is a whole other level of disturbing that the majority of the audience will not be on board with. Did they touch on that in the graphic novels?

I feel like they have been really respectful of their audience as far as babies are concerned. I doubt they will show a zombified baby or anyone having to put it down. That is a whole other level of disturbing that the majority of the audience will not be on board with. Did they touch on that in the graphic novels?

That's a good point. It is a very touchy subject. I do not know about the graphic novels as I haven't read them. I read about them from time to time as I enjoy the comparisons between them and the show. They did just recently have a bit that seemed to imply the death of an infant.

Denise asks Daryl and Rosita to accompany her to a nearby pharmacy that might be stocked with drugs and other medicine. Daryl and Rosita ask Denise to stay behind, but she insists that she’s ready to go outside the walls. The three are forced to travel on foot after encountering a tree blocking the road. They arrive at the pharmacy, where Daryl and Rosita raid the shelves. Meanwhile, Denise enters a back room where she finds a trapped walker and a sink filled with blood and possibly a drowned child. Horrified, she runs out of the pharmacy, where she is soon re-joined by Daryl and Rosita, who praise her for leading them to the medicine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twice_as_Far

They still might not want to push it any further than that though.

Yes, they only showed a shoe. I am guessing any baby murder will be off camera.

I think it's Glenn or Daryl but most likely Glenn. After each commercial break we saw a first person perspective for a couple of seconds. In the end we also saw a first person perspective from the dying character. So that narrows it down for us a bit.

I don't think it's Maggie at all for the reason above and also bc she cut her hair. In TWD that means the character is about to go through a major change. They're not done with her yet. I think it's Glenn because she will go through a major change, and she probably needs him to die to get there. She was already losing the baby, so I doubt the baby survives.

They were screwing with us in several different ways. They gave us reasons to think it was most if not all of the characters.

Glen - he tried to attack Negan when he threatened Maggie, maybe he'll kill him for it
Abraham - kept puffing out his chest as if not afraid of Negan, maybe he'll kill him for it
Eugene - gave his bullet recipe to Rick, maybe this means he's gonna die
Michone - it only showed Michone once, briefly during Negans whole diatribe, maybe they were trying to make us not think of Michone
Maggie - dying and pregnant, obvious choice
Rick - killing the leader would also be a good idea from Negans perspective

There were probably subtle "clues" for all the characters. These are just the ones I can think of off top of my head.

They want us to have this exact conversation with different people spotting different clues and arguing their case accordingly. Non of the clues mean a damn thing.

They are screwing with us

I am now somewhat convinced that Negan kills multiple people.

At least two people will be dead by the end of the season premiere. Possibly three.

This is pretty much the only way they can justify the massive cliffhanger.

People dead after the season premiere:

Michonne
Abraham
Glenn

At least two people will be dead by the end of the season premiere. Possibly three.

Michonne
Abraham
Glenn

I hope you're wrong! :p
I would hate to lose both Michonne and Glenn. I think if Maggie survives, her baby definitely won't. This will be the catalyst to turn her into the hard ass that Carol used to be. So would losing Glenn. The death of Michonne would only confirm the fact that Rick has tainted junk full of bad juju, haha

That's a good point. It is a very touchy subject. I do not know about the graphic novels as I haven't read them. I read about them from time to time as I enjoy the comparisons between them and the show. They did just recently have a bit that seemed to imply the death of an infant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twice_as_Far

They still might not want to push it any further than that though.

Check out my zombie thread which you requested. You can discuss Walking Dead there as well if you want to.

I vote for whomever would cause the first episode of next season to end with systematic retaliation. I've been a bit bored the majority of this season.
Also glen's
revival/survival after going down under zombies
was a bit of a poor story choice, I hope it's glen as hes well liked enough by the group to get some awesome battles next season.

Michonne
Abraham
Glenn

Oh. Look who was right. Me.

The most likely candidate to me is Abraham

Last edited:
Reactions: CindyLou
I was mostly right. :p

And wow that was gruesome. I can't believe I'm still watching. I really don't enjoy all the anxiety at all. I'm too sensitive. I watched half of it with my eyes shut.

Reactions: Wyote
Guess the show is all about shock value now. I think I am pretty over it. I remember back during "Lost" days where people were trying to figure out what was going on. Second season I called it and others did as well without as much conviction. Story writers were like, "Nope thats not it" but its exactly what it turned out to be.

So either Walking dead is about people trying to live through an actual zombie apocalypse with messed up stuff going down, or each of them is in hell. The thing is, who would want to live in a world like that. The people that live longer suffer more. How does life make sense anymore when dead humans are stronger than you even though their muscles are rotten and in many cases detached???

I can guess what they are going to do with the main bad guy now. They are going to try and tell his story and make him not look as bad so that when he dies, people actually have some empathy for him. Otherwise the revenge that everyone want to see visited upon him at this point is hardly notable. I mean, theres no way he could ever die a horrible enough death to make up for what hes done to the audience.

Did they really need to get that graphic with Glen? That was frigging brutal. I think they must have called in a psychopath to write that into the story. Speaking of which I am trying to figure out if there is any value to being shown something like that.

Reactions: CindyLou and acd
Negan won't kill children. If Maggie loses the baby it will be a miscarriage. Maggie will rise.
Guess the show is all about shock value now. I think I am pretty over it. I remember back during "Lost" days where people were trying to figure out what was going on. Second season I called it and others did as well without as much conviction. Story writers were like, "Nope thats not it" but its exactly what it turned out to be.

So either Walking dead is about people trying to live through an actual zombie apocalypse with messed up stuff going down, or each of them is in hell. The thing is, who would want to live in a world like that. The people that live longer suffer more. How does life make sense anymore when dead humans are stronger than you even though their muscles are rotten and in many cases detached???

I can guess what they are going to do with the main bad guy now. They are going to try and tell his story and make him not look as bad so that when he dies, people actually have some empathy for him. Otherwise the revenge that everyone want to see visited upon him at this point is hardly notable. I mean, theres no way he could ever die a horrible enough death to make up for what hes done to the audience.

Did they really need to get that graphic with Glen? That was frigging brutal. I think they must have called in a psychopath to write that into the story. Speaking of which I am trying to figure out if there is any value to being shown something like that.
They're not in Hell. Walkers are not the threat, people are. Negan is toned down a bit for the show compared to the comics. Negan loves women so he doesn't like killing them. I love JDM, but after seeing last night's premiere, I am going to have a difficult meeting him at RICC in a few weeks.

Reactions: Eventhorizon
]Negan won't kill children. If Maggie loses the baby it will be a miscarriage.
They're not in Hell. Walkers are not the threat, people are. Negan is toned down a bit for the show compared to the comics. Negan loves women so he doesn't like killing them. I love JDM, but after seeing last night's premiere, I am going to have a difficult meeting him at RICC in a few weeks.
Odd how the human mind works like that isnt it? It associates faces with acts and the acts dont even have to be real.