The Forum Goal & Fitness Club - Week One | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

The Forum Goal & Fitness Club - Week One

Crap. I do not know how I'm going to add that 4th set of exercise onto my circuit. It's probably because I'm eating below my usual 2500 cals a day. I think I'm probably getting about 1500-1800. Quite a bit lower.

I stepped on the scale and in the past 3 weeks, I've lost 5 pounds. It's nuts. A lot of it has to do with the carbs that I'm NOT eating. But another part is that that my lifestyle as of late has been go, go, go!! So there's not much time for sitting around which is usually when I do most of my snacking.

Whew! I'm serious pooped. I JUST finished my 3 sets.
How's everyone else doing?

Forgot to report in yesterday! But I did find some awesome deals at Kroger's - 11 servings of salmon for $10 and nine servings of chicken breast for $6! It was actually cheaper to buy the salmon than it was to buy cans of tuna - win/win!

Yesterday's menu:

Breakfast: Curves chocolate shake w/1tbsp almond butter
Snack: 10 Kashi TLC crackers and 3 light laughing cow swiss cheese triangles
Lunch: Santa Fe salad (beans, corn, salad, canned turkey meat)
Snack: 24 almonds
Dinner: Greek Salad (salad, small olives, light dressing, light feta cheese, onion slivers, 4oz chicken breast) plus two clementine oranges and half-cup of 1% cottage cheese

Exercised 30 minutes.

Today's menu will be something similar but I'll post it later. Reminds me...I need to bring corn to work...

Double crap. Mystery shoulder pain woke me up at 3am this morning. I don't know what the heck I did but a nagging "pulliing" feel in my right shoulder has now exploded to a constant pain that radiates from nearly all the way back from my rear trap to my pec right under my collar bone.

It hurts all the time. Sitting, laying down.. it even hurts when I take a deep breath. What. The . CRAP!

Double crap. Mystery shoulder pain woke me up at 3am this morning. I don't know what the heck I did but a nagging "pulliing" feel in my right shoulder has now exploded to a constant pain that radiates from nearly all the way back from my rear trap to my pec right under my collar bone.

It hurts all the time. Sitting, laying down.. it even hurts when I take a deep breath. What. The . CRAP!

Rx: Ice (20 minutes x 4) and ibuprofen.

Todays Goals:

Excersise:

Gotta work off that nasty cheat meal that has sat like a brick in my stomach all night long...UCH...

Lunges 10 reps per leg
Squats 10 reps
Plie with arm work out 100
Leg lifts/circles 25/25
Crunches 100

Wii fit:
Rhythm boxing
distance run
hula hoop

Meals:
Today I plan to eat mostly water based type foods...mostly fruit and veggies. But I need my protein, so there will be some chicken in there too.

Breakfast:
Fruit salad (just a crap ton of fruit) and 2 servings of nuts Raw peanuts, and Raw Cashews.

Snack:
Pear, and Almonds

Lunch:
Chicken tender baked light seasonings. with veggies, spinach and fruit bowl

Snack:
Apple and cashews

Dinner:
Taco salad.

I want a Wii machine so bad...:( Anyone feel like contributing to the Wii are poor fund...? :D

I want a Wii machine so bad...:( Anyone feel like contributing to the Wii are poor fund...? :D

LOL...I would if I could...but WII are about to refi a house...we are pinching pennies lol

Wyst's Kitchen

Chicken or Tuna Salad A la - AWESOME!

Ingredients:
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Light or Fat Free Mayo OR Fat Free Sour Cream
Green onions
Almonds or walnuts
Grapes or apples
salt
pepper

Step 1 - Trim fat of chicken and boil
Step 2 - Chop the boiled chicken
Step 3 - Mix in enough mayo/sour cream to take away some of the dryness but go easy
Step 4 - Chop green onions
Step 5 - Chop almonds or walnuts
Step 6 - Chop apples and submerge them in a bowl of salted water. This will keep your apples fresh and from turning brown! Or sub the apples for grapes but don't chop them.
Step 7 - Combine green onions, nuts, and fruit with the chicken. Mix and at salt and pepper to taste.

Extra - if you really want to get crazy, season your salad with herbs. Rosemary, tarragon, and basil work really well with this recipe.

Ok, you're done! Put in tupperware and store in fridge for days while you eat multiple meals off this one hour in the kitchen. Definitely make in bulk so you get the most mileage out of the time spent preparing this.

Eat the salad plain, over a bed of lettuce, or on bread (depending on your goals/or if you have kids that need to eat things in sammich form).

What about the tuna salad??
Easy. Prepare the exact same recipe as above, except you use tuna instead and you don't need to boil it.

The chicken or tuna salad is:
HIGH in lean protein
LOW in fat
LOW in carbs
Contains healthy fats if you decide to add in the almonds/walnuts

Last edited:
Chicken or Tuna Salad A la - AWESOME!

Ingredients:
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Light or Fat Free Mayo OR Fat Free Sour Cream
Green onions
Almonds or walnuts
Grapes or apples
salt
pepper

Step 1 - Trim fat of chicken and boil
Step 2 - Chop the boiled chicken
Step 3 - Mix in enough mayo/sour cream to take away some of the dryness but go easy
Step 4 - Chop green onions
Step 5 - Chop almonds or walnuts
Step 6 - Chop apples and submerge them in a bowl of salted water. This will keep your apples fresh and from turning brown! Or sub the apples for grapes but don't chop them.
Step 7 - Combine green onions, nuts, and fruit with the chicken. Mix and at salt and pepper to taste.

Extra - if you really want to get crazy, season your salad with herbs. Rosemary, tarragon, and basil work really well with this recipe.

Ok, you're don! Put in tupperware and store in fridge for days while you eat multiple meals off this one hour in the kitchen. Definitely make in bulk so you get the most mileage out of the time spent preparing this.

Eat the salad plain, over a bed of lettuce, on bread (depending on your goals/or if you have kids that need to eat things in sammich form).

What about the tuna salad??
Easy. Prepare the exact same recipe as above, except you use tuna instead and you don't need to boil it.

The chicken or tuna salad is:
HIGH in lean protein
LOW in fat
LOW in carbs
Contains healthy fats if you decide to add in the almonds/walnuts

Wyst, I am LOVING your meal ideas! I think I'll make that tonight for dinner :)

Let's see, today's goals are:

Breakfast
... okay, I screwed this one up. I was in a hurry this morning to get to a doc's appointment, so all I had was one slice of rye bread with some peanut butter. [Done]

Snack:
1 cup of fruit salad (melon, cantaloupe, grapes and watermelon)
Protein shake (I'm running low on protein powder... any suggestions for cheap but decent products?) [Done]

Lunch
Open-face lean turkey breast sandwich on rye bread, with iceberg lettuce, tomato and three strips of lean turkey deli (nitrate-free) with a bit of mustard.

Snack
Carrots, celery & hummus

Dinner
Wyst's Tuna Salad a la AWESOME
Butternut squash soup

Snack:
A big mutherfreaking bowl of cooked spinach and two boiled eggs

And probably another protein shake from my bike ride if I'm a starvin' marvin. But it's slim pickings :/

Exercise:
Since I'm not going to bother with the gym today because its such beautiful weather outside...
Jillian Michaels DVD for my weight training portion of the day (I absolutely love this woman)
A bike ride down to the waterfront. Should take me about 40 minutes to get there, and another 40 to get back.

:thumb: For your success.

I wish you all the best to hard workers of this fitness club. :)

Today's menu:

Breakfast: Curves chocolate shake w/1tbsp almond butter (check)
Snack: 24 almonds (check)
Lunch: Salad (black beans, feta, romaine & spinach, 4oz chicken, salsa & light salad dressing) - check
Snack: 10 Kashi TLC crackers and 3 light laughing cow Swiss cheese triangles - check
Dinner: 4oz chicken w/spag sauce & provolone, 2oz multigrain angel hair pasta, 1c. mixed veg.

Exercised 30 minutes.

Yesterday I stuck to my diet like a pro.

This morning I had to resist the urge to reward myself (for being good on my diet for all of 5 days) with a breakfast burrito from the work cafeteria. I was able to stick to my goals though. Awesome.

In some VERY good news, the pain in my should is 90% gone. I don't/can't even notice it anymore. A major relief. Will probably take a day or two off from my pushups and focus on icing and stretching instead (continuing to do my squats and sit-ups, of course.

How's everyone else doing?

My goals are:
5 times a week - thirty minutes of cardio
3 times a week - weight training or fitness class of choice
3 balanced meals, and lots of fruits and water-based veggies as snacks in between
Lots of water and herbal tea
5+ servings of fruits and veggies a day
No processed foods. Scratch that: limit processed foods.

Last week, I met all exercise goals, and did kind of lousy with the food. This week started off slowly. Monday I took a break, Tuesday I only managed 10 minutes on the treadmill due to being kind of busy. Today I will work out during lunch and have already had 1 serving of fruit and have a healthy lunch packed, so back on track... The food has been more of a challenge for me than the exercise, but we had veggie lasagna and a big salad for dinner last night.

Glad your shoulder is improving, Wyst!

Wednesday: Back to exercising, so met those goals for the day. Ate 5 servings of fruits and veggies, but had some pizza which includes white bread and cheese, so only halfway met diet goals. I am never hungry for breakfast, and people always say that is the most important meal of the day, but I just don't care for it.

Thursday: Ran around the neighborhood and did push-ups and crunches.

Last edited:
I am a slacker I didnt get this up today.

Meals goals are about the same as they have always been.

and work out was the same as yesterday.

I gained again...I know you all said dont weigh yourself every day, but the wii fit does that...it measures your body every day.

Im trying not to get myself discouraged...but meh

My goals are:
5 times a week - thirty minutes of cardio
3 times a week - weight training or fitness class of choice
3 balanced meals, and lots of fruits and water-based veggies as snacks in between
Lots of water and herbal tea
5+ servings of fruits and veggies a day
No processed foods. Scratch that: limit processed foods.

Last week, I met all exercise goals, and did kind of lousy with the food. This week started off slowly. Monday I took a break, Tuesday I only managed 10 minutes on the treadmill due to being kind of busy. Today I will work out during lunch and have already had 1 serving of fruit and have a healthy lunch packed, so back on track... The food has been more of a challenge for me than the exercise, but we had veggie lasagna and a big salad for dinner last night.

You're good (at least with the exercise)! Keep up the good work.

I'm an obligate exerciser, but not an obligate dieter. So, although I'm always working out, I'm particularly interested in the various diet ideas of this thread. My wife and I are currently on a low carb diet

[rant] I have a confession to make. I hate fruit –I absolutely positively hate fruit. In particular –berries because that’s what my freezer is full of right now. I’m not a big fan of sweet stuff and those berries taste like I’m begin sucker punched with a boxing glove made of sugar. That said from now on I’m getting my fruit intake from bananas (I don’t like them but I don’t hate them) and juice. [/rant]

Everything else is fine, my eating times are more regular and I’ve substituted 2 of my quarts of water with cold green or oolong tea (2 tablespoons of sugar per qt).

Exercise: 30 minute circuit
10 pushup/lifts with 20lb hand weights.
10 shoulder press 40lb
10 squats 40lbs

Last edited:
My goals
Tuesday

1. Get up by 7 or 7:30. no
2. Do some exercise in the morning, even if it's only 5 minutes walking or lifting weights. (I do other exercise too.) yes
3. Plan my eating evenings or weekends when I'm home. yup
4.Brush my teeth after lunch. yup
7. Go to the gym at work instead of the other one, or take a walk, if it lets me fit more exercise in, probably Tuesday or Wednesday this week. Didn't really have time but already exercise 2x this week, so it's ok.

My goals
Wednesday

1. Get up by 7 or 7:30. no
2. Do some exercise in the morning, even if it's only 5 minutes walking or lifting weights. (I do other exercise too.) yes
3. Plan my eating evenings or weekends when I'm home. haven't had much time home but didn't eat great
4.Brush my teeth after lunch. yup
7. Go to the gym at work instead of the other one, or take a walk, if it lets me fit more exercise in, probably Tuesday or Wednesday this week. Didn't really have time.

Last edited:
You're good (at least with the exercise)! Keep up the good work.

I'm an obligate exerciser, but not an obligate dieter. So, although I'm always working out, I'm particularly interested in the various diet ideas of this thread. My wife and I are currently on a low carb diet