The Forum Goal & Fitness Club - Week One | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

The Forum Goal & Fitness Club - Week One

Thurs April 22 2010

Exersise:

Wii Fit:
Lunges
Advanced Rhythm Boxing
Advanced Rhythm Kung Fu
Yoga Chair, cobra, bridge, downward facing dog, (may add more will update later.)

Then Mixed areobics
Plie's
Squats
and A crap ton of crunches...Im pushing myself with them today!

Diet:

Breakfast
Whole wheat bagel, light cream cheese, banana and cashews.

Snack:
pear, and almonds

Lunch
Turkey sandwich

Snack
Veggies

Dinner
Baked chicken tenders and whole wheat semolina pasta
Veggies

Good luck with the low-carb thing... you'll have to keep us all posted on how that goes! I believe my goals for diet need to be as simple as possible or I'll never meet them.

Thanks.

I'm not going to start weighing myself yet. I'm initially relying on the mirror and how tight (or loose) my clothes are. I find that using a scale, at least in the beginning) makes me too compulsive. I'm not really fat. My wife just says that I'd be really "buff" if I were to lose some pounds. Ha! At my age. It has been a goal, however, to embarrass my kids by shopping at H&M or some other store where fyf ("firm young flesh"--medical jargon) are known to shop. I need to counter remarks like, "Oh dad, you're so old."

Still on track.

I didn't post yesterday's menu, but I stayed on plan - although I subbed rice for whole grain spaghetti...when you measure two ounces of spaghetti, is that dried or cooked? I used my scale and measured 2 ounces of dry spaghetti. But man, that was a *lot* of pasta. A lot more than I expected. I may go for one ounce next time.

Funny thing was, I still didn't eat more than 1400 calories yesterday (mostly because I forgot my mid-morning snack).

I also had my best exercise ever, according to the machine's data. The machines are getting harder; I'm doing the "Curves smart" program, which increases intensity on the machines the stronger I get. The intensity has been increasing each week. Steadily. Yesterday I reeeeally felt it. :m194:

But that's good. I like it, and I like that I can't overdo that much. If I end up doing less well on a certain machine it'll lower the intensity on that machine until my body catches up.

And here's today's menu:

Breakfast: 1c. grapes, 1 small 0% fat Greek yogurt, 1cup
Snack: 22 almonds
Lunch: Salmon w/veggies and salad (cooking now)
Snack: TBA
Dinner: TBA

Cheat: I had one jelly bean. Just one.:m033:

LOL - at our front desk, we have a strange little contraption that looks like a guillotine, but is actually a jelly bean dispenser. Someone had already pulled the handle and one lone jelly bean was sitting in the tray. So I took it. I was *this* close to lunch, so I decided to go for the sugar rush.:m129:

Alrighty, did my exercise today, and so far, I'm on track with my diet. Tonight I am going out to eat with a friend but I'll try and find a salad or something. OR I could eat a big healthy meal before going out, and then just get a small side salad to nibble on.

Almost forgot to post for today.
Made all of my goals expect for fruit.
Exercise:

30 min walk/sprint distance covered 2 miles.
4 x 15 pushups, 4 x 20 situps , 3 x 3 pullups, 6 x 25 situps, 2 x 8 chinups (alternating closed and open grip)

Today! I bombed my water intake (only 2 qt) but got in all of my fruits and veggies.

Exercise:
10 pushup/lifts, 10 shoulder press, 10 squats
Cycle through all 3 for 30 minutes.

Rounds completed: 10

The first time I did this workout it was a disaster. After dramatically reducing the amout of weight (5 lbs hand weights for pushups and using just the bar for shoulder presses and squats) there was improvement but it still pushed my muscles to failure.

LOL so many lists!

*head explodes*

My goals
Thursday
-Sat
1. Get up by 7 or 7:30. no
2. Do some exercise in the morning, even if it's only 5 minutes walking or lifting weights. (I do other exercise too.) yes except Friday
3. Plan my eating evenings or weekends when I'm home. haven't had much time home- ate pretty well Sat., not so good Wed. nite, ok Th & Fr
4.Brush my teeth after lunch. yup except Saturday
7. Go to the gym at work instead of the other one, or take a walk, if it lets me fit more exercise in, probably Tuesday or Wednesday this week. Went to the regular gym Sat. & walked. I also get ~2miles/weekday walking for transportation.

Is slacker...

Ive been good...well ive been kicking my ass with crunches every day...but I have fallen a little lazy on the eating stuff...Ive still lost weight...in total so far 4.5 lbs.

Today is a busy day, so I dont know how good my eating will be again, and I feel bogged down today as well...so Meh...I will at least get some walking in.

Saturday was Spring Cleaning day...that was my workout.
Today is my rest day so nothing to report.

Next Week:
Goal 1: Maintain all food and water goals
Goal 2: Make improvements on my workouts (based on this weeks results)
Goal 3: Start taking up Judo again on Thursday (I really miss it)

*looks around* It's awfully quiet around here...

So I stuck with my plan and a the end of the summer am happy with the progress I've made.

I have an update. [so uh... yeah it's an update picture, so do click here unless you want to see the my update - thanks for the suggestion on the warning, Arby!]

Last edited:
You should've put a warning label on that picture, Wyst...I'm old, but I'm not dead. :mlove2:

Keeping to the theme -

I've eschewed the vegan diet, but I've gone back to low carbing, and my weight is steadily dropping. I've finally lost ten pounds since last report, I think.

You should've put a warning label on that picture, Wyst...I'm old, but I'm not dead. :mlove2:

Keeping to the theme -

I've eschewed the vegan diet, but I've gone back to low carbing, and my weight is steadily dropping. I've finally lost ten pounds since last report, I think.

Warning blurb has been added - sorry for not thinking that through...

HOT DAMN wyst *fans self*

I failed...but I still managed to keep 4 lbs off permanently...which is more than anything ever! I will keep working out everyday...thats about all I can promise lol...

HOT DAMN wyst *fans self*

I failed...but I still managed to keep 4 lbs off permanently...which is more than anything ever! I will keep working out everyday...thats about all I can promise lol...

Aww shucks. Thanks Enty *hug*

Hang in there! I'm about to go back to school next semester, so it'll be a constant battle to stay in shape.

I'm fightin' next to ya!!

I have an update. [so uh... yeah it's an update picture, so do click here unless you want to see the my update - thanks for the suggestion on the warning, Arby!]

Daymn!

Arby was right. Would you please have mercy on this NFJ's fragile heart! ;)