The Forum Goal & Fitness Club - Week One | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

The Forum Goal & Fitness Club - Week One

I saw this thread yesterday and decided to join today... so hope it's okay I'm late!

Janet, your post about the swordfight, carcinogens and fire safety with small children cracked me up:p

Here are my goals-

1. Get up by 7 or 7:30.
2. Do some exercise in the morning, even if it's only 5 minutes walking or lifting weights. (I do other exercise too.)
3. Plan my eating evenings or weekends when I'm home (because this is when I tend to overeat).
4.Brush my teeth after lunch. This is fairly unrelated to the other goals but something I keep trying to remember to do, and I suppose it fits under the "wellness" title of this thread.
5. Don't spend too much time posting on here. Every 2-3 days probably.
6. Keep a good balance between self-discipline and spontaneity by changing these goals or breaking them if I decide there's a reason at some point (yeah, I'm a j/p).
7. Go to the gym at work instead of the other one, or take a walk, if it lets me fit more exercise in, probably Tuesday or Wednesday this week.

Today: I've done all this except need to brush my teeth now:)

Reactions: sassafras
Today's menu:

Breakfast: Curves chocolate shake w/1tbsp almond butter

Snack: 14 walnut halves

Lunch: Two taco bell fresco crunchy tacos

Dinner: 6oz chicken w/reduced fat provolone, 1/4 c. spaghetti sauce, 1slice bran bread and 1 c. mixed veg

After dinner snack: Two clementine oranges and 14 walnut halves

Exercise off-day.

Something nasty, though (turn away if you're easily grossed out): After I ate my dinner, I discovered the spaghetti sauce lid was fuzzy. GAH!! Which explained the slightly off "tang" :(

Today's menu:

Breakfast: Curves chocolate shake w/1tbsp almond butter

Snack: 14 walnut halves

Lunch: Two taco bell fresco crunchy tacos

Dinner: 6oz chicken w/reduced fat provolone, 1/4 c. spaghetti sauce, 1slice bran bread and 1 c. mixed veg

After dinner snack: Two clementine oranges and 14 walnut halves

Exercise off-day.

Something nasty, though (turn away if you're easily grossed out): After I ate my dinner, I discovered the spaghetti sauce lid was fuzzy. GAH!! Which explained the slightly off "tang" :(

ewww :( i was about to say that sounds like a delicious day's meals, until i read that. ah well, that's what an immune system's for right?

Powered through my work-out today. Amazing how inspiring a bit of anger is. :)

Clocked in about an hour and twenty minutes just doing laps around the neighborhood, alternating between walking and running.

Did my ab work out
Worked on my back, shoulders, and arms. Small weights (3 - 5lbs, plenty of reps. (5 x 12))

Meal #1
1/2 cup of oatmeal, 1 can of water-based tuna. Too full to have my veggies.

Snack
1 diced cucumber, 1 diced steak tomato and a few dollops of plain yogurt. Yum!

Meal #2
1 grilled chicken breast, a mix of frozen vegetables (stir-fried with extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of garlic salt) and mustard/honey mix.

Snack
Banana, protein shake ( mixed with lactose free skim milk) and Beneful fiber supplement

Meal #3
Grilled chicken breast, stir-cooked bean sprouts, Chinese Cabbage salad (with balsamic vinegar. Not exactly a tasty choice. Blah)

Snack
1 apple, 1 pear, and a couple of large strawberries.

Snack
The rest of those strawberries (I went to TOWN!)

Day 5 tomorrow guys!!! I hope you guys are patting yourselves on the back for making it through the weekend! :D

Here's tomorrow reflection (are these actually helpful to you guys?)

How are you going to reward yourself when you reach your goal?

This is tough for me to answer...not because I can't come up with an answer, but I don't think the answer is a tangible one. I don't know if there will be any greater celebration than getting there and thanking God for it. I know what I'm doing will be for life and there won't be an "end" for it. Because it's becoming a part of my lifestyle, my greatest gift to myself is acceptance of my new size. I'll still be eating the same way; I'll still be exercising the same way. But the celebration will be in its permanence. No more of the yo-yo treadmill.

So I dunno.

But I will say this - I've always wanted to purchase a dress from Anthropologie. That might be my one indulgence, and my one gift to myself that's so incredibly expensive that I'd better keep on my plan~! :)

I am behind in my posting. Lessee here...

We all have that part of ourselves that sometimes intends to sabotage our progress. What are some of the blocks that you've faced so far and how did you overcome their resistance?
Not much to say here, I guess I will just laugh at it and keep doing what I am doing.

I won't. If I reach my goal, it will presumably have its own rewards.

The day before yesterday, everything went well, but I forgot the weights. Did the throw downs, crunches and the treadmill though.

my diet was good as usual, salads and fruit and dairy mainly.

Yesterday, I forgot the weights again, and I had a little pasta and 2 cream puffs at my uncle's cancer benefit dinner. But everything else went well, I spent an extra half hour on the treadmill though to try and make up for the cream puffs. :p

Today so far, I am doing weights first so I don't forget them, haven't had much yet other than some milk.

Hello :) :)

I guess I don't really have those menu thingies bwahahhaha but I do have a goal... I'm sorry if I don't really have those thingies teehehehehe

okay for the day... I accomplished my goal!!!!! YEHEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. went ballet 8:30-11:00
2. had jazz class 12:30-2:00
3. go yoga and I was able to handle the heat and sweat and because of jazz, I was able to do the forehead to knee poses without bending my left knee

yehey!!!!!!! :) :) :)

basically, my one goal after summer is to be more flexible (like really!!! bwahahahahhaa like be able to do very nice grand jetes and leg extensions, and to be able to balance on pointes or demi pointes and to do clean pirouettes with spotting... oh and get thinner ... so go yoga!! no matter what!!! )

bwahhahaha so..... my posts here are gonna be kind of the same all the time.. hihihihi I just have to write it somewhere to be more motivated :) :) :) :)

Yikes I'm getting behind in logging things. Ok, Saturday went really well. So did yesterday until dinner time.

In an attempt to meet new people, I went out to eat with a group I don't know very well. I met someone REALLY interesting!!! ...but that's for a different thread.

Anyway, I only ate half of the country-style entree that came out on my plate. Other than that, I'm still right on track with my diet. I do, however, need to get more serious with my exercises. Grrrr... with so much to get done after work, it's very easy to make excuses or put it off but I just need to cut that crap out.
After all... now there is added incentive to stay trim :m055:

I went too large on my portion of spaghetti yesterday for dinner but overall my objectives have been going well.

I didn't exercise yesterday but I got plent of water in. I exercised well Saturday.

Today I will get a good exercise routine in after work.

For lunch I will have more spaghetti. Whole grain noodles with arabiata sauce with added jalapenos. Tonight I will keep dinner light with fruit, vegetables, and rice.

Good news: I think I lost three pounds! I say I think, because my scale at home can be an odd duck. But from what I'm seeing (and I weigh myself at the same time) I've lost three additional pounds. Woot!

After this week comes the hard part (and this will seem strange): Part of the Curves plan helps you balance your metabolism so you can eat for life. This means next week I'll up my calories to 2000 and hopefully maintain the loss. If I don't, then after three days I change my diet to lose again, and after the loss return to the 2000 calorie count. And so forth.

Complicated, yes, but I'll report here and we'll see what happens together. :D

So far, though, the plan has been working for me.

Good news: I think I lost three pounds! I say I think, because my scale at home can be an odd duck. But from what I'm seeing (and I weigh myself at the same time) I've lost three additional pounds. Woot!

After this week comes the hard part (and this will seem strange): Part of the Curves plan helps you balance your metabolism so you can eat for life. This means next week I'll up my calories to 2000 and hopefully maintain the loss. If I don't, then after three days I change my diet to lose again, and after the loss return to the 2000 calorie count. And so forth.

Complicated, yes, but I'll report here and we'll see what happens together. :D

So far, though, the plan has been working for me.

Congratulations!

Here's the summay for the weekend, Saturday did not go as planned –I woke up with a little bit of soreness in my hamstrings by the time I got around to warming up for my workout there was a lot of soreness. Reluctantly I decided that maybe spending the rest of the day jump over and on top of things was a not so good idea so went on a 20 minute walk instead. Sundays are my rest days so no exercise but my body was still a bit stiff. This week I’m going to add on a new goal to really concentrate not just on my workout but on warming up, cooling down, and stretching. The very last thing I need is an injury.

Today's Goal:
Eat on time. I'm supposed to be getting in six small meals a day with lots of water in-between but I've only been getting in 3-5 because I don't eat when I'm supposed to.

I'll have a piece of chocolate :)

EDIT: Good day, was a little short on water intake though

Last edited:
OK...im angry...I gained .08 :(

I ate all my meals on time yesterday and was still hungry after dinner...I dont know what to do about this... I am hungry EVERY two hours...Starving in fact UGH!!

Todays goal is to eat ALL Meals and drink TONZ of water,

Excersise:
My muscles are SORE...so today I am doing stretches and some yoga poses to loosen myself. I walked for about 20 minutes. Thats about it.

Breakfast:
2 eggwhite sandwich on whole wheat with turkey, provolone and spinach

Snack: Apple and cashews

Lunch: Turkey sandwich on wheat with provolone. Salad

Snack: Wheat bagel with lo fat cream cheese and fresh strawberries.

Dinner: This is gonna be a cheat night, We have dinner theatre tickets...we have them 10 times a year... There is NOTHING on the menu healthy at ALL...I try my best every time, but...meh...Ive been doin good. I will do extra work out tomorrow to make up.

OK...im angry...I gained .08 :(

Don't weigh yourself everyday. It's easy to get discouraged this way, because your weight actually fluctuates throughout the day or sometimes hormonal processes might up the scale. Furthermore and most important of all, if you've started putting on muscle, you're going to see the scale go up because muscle does weigh a little bit more than fat (but is leaner and gives your body a slimmer, compact look). Instead, weigh yourself and measure your waist, hips, arms and thighs only on Saturday mornings. This will give you a better idea of how your body is changing on the program.

I ate all my meals on time yesterday and was still hungry after dinner...I dont know what to do about this... I am hungry EVERY two hours...Starving in fact UGH!!

That's absolutely normal and this will continue for the next few days as your system adjusts, so you'll have to do your best to just wait it out. See my post about it earlier. Drink warm, herbal tea in between snacks and meals and plenty of water. And if you're still hungry, just snack on water-based veggies, like celery and carrots.

Last edited:
Wyst's hints, tips, and diet trix! vol II

Ok it's time for some ideas on how you can still eat what you want (or close to it) without having that one ingredient that you KNOW you should not eat!

Spagetti - a staple favorite of everyone
Substitute the pasta for spagetti squash. Yes, it really does exist and it's awesome! A lo-carb substitute for pasta that's stringy just like pasta. After the first bite or two you'll forget you're eating spagetti sauce on top of squash!

Lasagna -
Use slices of zuccini/yellow squash instead of the pasta (are you starting to notice a trend here?) Squash is awesome.

Protein bars -
What does it say, precious?! Protein bars is baaaad?? Yes. Very bad. Sure you may be getting some protein, but with the sugar and manufactured calories, you might as well eat some chicken breast with a Snickers. Counter-productive.

Wyst's solution for protein bars:
Oatmeal - 1/2 Cup
Whey protein powder - 1 or 2 scoops (depending on how chocolately you want it)
1 Tbsp of natural peanutbutter
Warm water

Step 1 - Combine oatmeal and protein powder. Begin to slowly mix in warm water. You want add in enough water so the protein powder dissolves but not so much that it's watery.
Step 2 - Mix in your peanut butter - the warm water you mixed in will help it become softer. By now the mixture should definitely NOT be watery. But you should have a thick "brownie-like" consistency.
Step 3 - Take mixure and put in a zip-loc. Inside zip-loc, form into a bar shape. Keep in freezer until frozen.
Step 4 - Enjoy Frozen chocolate peanutbutter protein bar with ALL clean ingredients.

Chicken Florentine -
You know you like your chicken florentine.
I know I like mine without the pasta.

1 grilled chicken breast, cut into chunks
1 block of frozen spinach thawed in microwave
2 Tsp of Fat Free Sour cream/cream cheese
1 Roma tomato, chopped
1 green onion, chopped
salt
cracked pepper

It's pretty straighforward...
Step 1 - Mix your FF Sour Cream or Cream Cheese in with your thawed spinach
Step 2 - Mix all chopped ingredients to spinach
Step 3 - Nuke in microwave for about 45sec.
Step 4 - Devour!

This is an awesome recipie because you're getting lean protein, a TON of green veggy, tons of fiber, AND of the carbs you're eating, they're low on the glycemic index!

If you've got any favorite dishes that you want to make more healthy, post your request here and I'll help you 'clean' it up.
Get to it!

Last edited:
Reactions: sassafras
Don't weigh yourself everyday. It's easy to get discouraged this way, because your weight actually fluctuates throughout the day or sometimes hormonal processes might up the scale. Furthermore and most important of all, if you've started putting on muscle, you're going to see the scale go up because muscle does weigh a little bit more than fat (but is leaner and gives your body a slimmer, compact look). Instead, weigh yourself and measure your waist, hips, arms and thighs only on Saturday mornings. This will give you a better idea of how your body is changing on the program.

TDHT is right. Don't weight yourself everyday. What she's talking about is the process of body recomposition. As your muscles are fed they grow bigger and, in turn, eat more fat. So gaining a little weight when you're eating healthy is definitely not something to be worried about.

Since muscle has a high density than fat, I agree the best way to verify that you losing fat is to measure the places TDHT mentioned above. If the measurements are lower than they were before, they you have your confirmation - fat loss AND muscle gain. Score.

My goals
Sunday

1. Get up by 7 or 7:30. yup
2. Do some exercise in the morning, even if it's only 5 minutes walking or lifting weights. (I do other exercise too.) yup
3. Plan my eating evenings or weekends when I'm home (because this is when I tend to overeat). nope. will try to plan and space snacks out at night better
4.Brush my teeth after lunch. This is fairly unrelated to the other goals but something I keep trying to remember to do, and I suppose it fits under the "wellness" title of this thread. yup
5. Don't spend too much time posting on here. Every 2-3 days probably. n/a
6. Keep a good balance between self-discipline and spontaneity by changing these goals or breaking them if I decide there's a reason at some point (yeah, I'm a j/p).n/a
7. Go to the gym at work instead of the other one, or take a walk, if it lets me fit more exercise in, probably Tuesday or Wednesday this week. did it Sunday too!

My goals
Monday

1. Get up by 7 or 7:30. not close. Gotta go to bed earlier
2. Do some exercise in the morning, even if it's only 5 minutes walking or lifting weights. (I do other exercise too.) yes
3. Plan my eating evenings or weekends when I'm home (because this is when I tend to overeat). so far so good and it's almost bedtime. Edit: yup
4.Brush my teeth after lunch. This is fairly unrelated to the other goals but something I keep trying to remember to do, and I suppose it fits under the "wellness" title of this thread. yup
5. Don't spend too much time posting on here. Every 2-3 days probably. so so
6. Keep a good balance between self-discipline and spontaneity by changing these goals or breaking them if I decide there's a reason at some point (yeah, I'm a j/p). n/a
7. Go to the gym at work instead of the other one, or take a walk, if it lets me fit more exercise in, probably Tuesday or Wednesday this week. went today too, and found someone to go with me

Wyst, do you know calorie count for your protein bar recipee? And what is whey? What aisle of the grocery store do you find it in? What kind of package?

Last edited: