The Forum Goal & Fitness Club - Week One | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

The Forum Goal & Fitness Club - Week One

Now Apples and cashews are gonna be a fave I think :D

This is actually a REALLY good combination. Both the fiber in the apples and the healthy fats in the nuts have a high satiety it definitely satisfies more than nasty manufactured carbs!

Also, the fiber will help 'push through' the fat before it's completely absorbed into your body during the digestive process.

Good eating choices, Enty!

Really? First full day and hardly anyone's posting....

[gush] I am so proud of myself...I had a crap ton of errands to run, and i didnt take my pills early enough to eat. (I Am starving as soon as I wake and I have to wait an hour after my pills to eat) So I had to go to the grocery store Starving, but only stayed in the produce and dairy area. Normally I would have grabbed something to snack on...And normally I would have grabbed a quick and sick breakfast to scarf while I was running all over town...TODAY..I did not...I looked at what I had in my bags I said...I have apples...and I have raw cashews...I have breakfast, or a snack at least! I ate the apple and the nuts and felt fine...satisfied even...Now Apples and cashews are gonna be a fave I think :D[/gush]

Todays Goals:

Excersize: Walk 20 minutes DONE: walked 60 mins.

Meals

Pre breakfast snack:
Apple, and about 30 cashews. Done

Breakfast:
Egg white sandwich on whole wheat bread with Provolone and spinach. A banana. Done

Snack: Cottage cheese with Salt and pepper skipped...I wasnt hungry

Lunch:
Turkey sandwich on whole wheat with provolone and spinach Skipped I wasnt hungry

Snack:
Apple DONE

Dinner:
Made from scratch Marinara
WHole wheat Semolina Spagetti noodles
Turkey meatballs (also made from scratch)

just a little update...I wasnt hungry for lunch or snack...Is that bad??

just a little update...I wasnt hungry for lunch or snack...Is that bad??

Is it bad? Nope, but just don't make skipping meals a habit.

It's actually quite normal when you're starting out on a new eating plan to feel full. Give your digestive system a day or two to adjust and once it does (especially if you're easing into a regular work-out routine) you'll find your hunger and cravings will spike for a couple of days. That's when eating every few hours will become key and you'll need to be stalwart about your will-power. The first three days are always easy. Days four to nine are killer.

Why nine? Because seven means you've accomplished the plan for a week and that's when you'll encounter the temptation to reward yourself. You got to stay strong and hold out. The cheat meal is looming on the horizon, and by then, you'll have gone too far to just toss the towel afterwards.

You're doing so well, Enty. I bet you feel pretty darn proud of yourself (because you should!)

I need to post my stats. I've been sick today, so I kind of tossed the work-out all together and my meals (although healthy) haven't been regular because I was snoozing most of the day. Feeling tons better now, though. :)

Edit:

Meal 1: Melba Toast with 1/2 cup of low-fat cottage cheese and 1 tomato (sliced in quarters and sprinkled with a bit of pepper)

Meal 2: A small bowl of chicken broth and a cooked chicken drumstick.

Meal 3: skipped

Snack: Cucumbers and spinach toss-up with a teaspoon of raspberry vinaigrette.

No exercise. :/

Last edited:
Had an early start so I didn't have a chance to making any goals for the day -I played it by ear.

What I accomplished
Fat intake: 29g
Veggies and Fruit: 2 servings each
Exercise: Calisthenics - Spider Crawl 2 min, Caterpillar 2 min, Crab-walk 2 min, Kong walk 2 min, side-skip 2 min.
Step ins (each side) - Taiotoshi 10, Ippon 10, Morote 10, Ogoshi 10, Osoto 10
Sporadic push-ups and squats
Food: Energy bar, veggie sandwich (red onions, yellow squash, cucumber, cerry tomatoes) on whole wheat bread, 1/2 of mixed berries, granola bar, orange beef with green beans, 1/2 of mixed fruit

What can I do that will personally ensure that I maintain this same level of excitement and motivation over the next twenty days? What gets my engines gunning every time?
Create an amazing playlist to listen to while I workout.

Still moving along...good news, though, I did my measuring today and after three weeks I've lost 5.5 total inches and 8lbs. - and a total of 5.22 body fat pounds (whatever that means). I lost inches everywhere except for my thighs and arms, but that's still progress, which makes me feel good. :mlove2:

Today's menu

Breakfast: Curves protein shake w/skim milk and almond butter

Snack: 1oz. almonds

Lunch: Two Taco Bell fresco crunchy tacos & 12 almonds (I don't like to make this a habit, but I ran out of meat today and hadn't gone shopping)

Snack: 1 c. 1% cottage cheese

Dinner: Santa Fe type salad (3 c. romaine lettuce, 1/4c. corn, 1/4 c. black beans, 6oz. chicken, and regular Italian style dressing.

Total calorie count: 1,324 (a bit low, but still reasonable I think).

Next week will be a new challenge. On the third phase of this plan, you teach your body to regulate its metabolism. So I'll be eating a lot more, then suddenly cutting back after three days...then eating more and cutting back (depending on what the scale does). So far it's been good, but I'm a little concerned with keeping my budget in tact. I think I can do it - it really means adding higher fat foods - but I haven't been craving sweets so it looks like this is a good plan for me.

Exercised 30 minutes today and burned approximately 300 calories (circuit training).

What can I do that will personally ensure that I maintain this same level of excitement and motivation over the next twenty days? What gets my engines gunning every time?

I think I may treat myself at the end of the 20 days. It depends on what my budget is like (and I can be poor as a churchmouse...and I want to return to school as well) but I may try to purchase a Wii console with a Wii fit (ebay, maybe?). Or else I'll try the knock-off brand I saw in CVS for less than $40. :D

Good Morning! I am very excited to announce a few positive results for me!
According to my Wii Fit measurements this morning I have lost
.23 from BMI
AND
1.3 lbs!

I still feel great. I am happy with result!

Todays goals

Excersise:

AM:
ten minutes on the WII fit Since my muscles are all sore from all the walking I have done over the last 3 days (5 hours!!!!) I decided to be easy on myself so here is what I did.
Yoga: Warrior Pose
Yoga: Downward facing dog
Rhythm boxing.

Afternoon: We will be walking to the park so another hour of walking.

PM: I may or may not walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes. Depends on how I feel.

Meals:

Pre-breakfast Snack:
1/2 Pear and Cashews

Breakfast:
Egg white omelet with turkey spinach and provalone.

Snack: veggies

lunch:
turkey sandwich on whole wheat w/spinach and provalone

Snack: apple and cashews

Dinner: undecided will edit later

Edit: I still have not had a SINGLE soda,

My water goals are to drink 64 ounces a day. I have come close. i forget. But I am about 3/4 of the way there!

Last edited:
Congratz to everyone shedding the pounds!

Make sure to keep plenty of water in you! If you are thirsty that means you are already dehydrated. Drink regardless of thirst.

Congratz to everyone shedding the pounds!

Make sure to keep plenty of water in you! If you are thirsty that means you are already dehydrated. Drink regardless of thirst.

oooh i keep forgetting my water goals! thanks for reminding me!

Gah, Imma slacking with my posting here. Sorry folks, I was under the weather yesterday and in a drowsy stupor. Gotta catch up with yesterday's and today's goal sheet.

In the meantime... Day 3 is here! Time's a going and it's so nice to see people having positive results already. Here's today's question:

We all have that part of ourselves that sometimes intends to sabotage our progress. What are some of the blocks that you've faced so far and how did you overcome their resistance?

A little late, but this is yesterday

Diet
1 apple
2 banannas
1 bowl of rasberries
3 fruit drinks
2 quarts of that milk
1 Poppy bagel with cream cheese

For my work out:

100 throw downs
100 crunches
100 curls for each arm 20lbs
Walked outside for a half an hour then spent another half on the treadmill

A little rock n' roll in the morning usually works well.

Last time I weighed myself, 2 months ago, I was 140.3. Today I was 133.8 and for a 5’3 female I think that’s pretty darn good. Therefore I will focus on improving my level of fitness as opposed to losing weight, as a matter of fact I’ll probably gain weight from muscle development lol.

Today's Goal:
Today is an beautiful day here in MKE so I’m definitely gonna get outside do some Parkour and drill baby drill the basics. Focus on Precession jump, Speed vault, and Kong vault. I'll also stay true to my previous fat, veggie, fruit, and water intake (lowering the water intake to 4 qts instead of 5)

We all have that part of ourselves that sometimes intends to sabotage our progress. What are some of the blocks that you've faced so far and how did you overcome their resistance?
The "I'll just exercise later" block because later gets later and later until I look up at the clock and its 8pm. I overcame this by giving myself specific times to exericse and sticking to them.

Gah, Imma slacking with my posting here. Sorry folks, I was under the weather yesterday and in a drowsy stupor. Gotta catch up with yesterday's and today's goal sheet.

In the meantime... Day 3 is here! Time's a going and it's so nice to see people having positive results already. Here's today's question:

My blocks include not exercising. I overcome them by exercising.

:D

I've been on the diet treadmill for approximately 36 years. I finally learned in my 41st year of life: a)not beat myself up so hard b)"just do it" isn't only a kitschy phrase made up by Nike c)eating clean foods take away the cravings for sweet stuff d)there are no short cuts to good health and fitness e)it takes time to balance a metabolism that's been out of whack for 30 odd years f)to take it easy and stay in my target heart range for optimum results.

I used to exercise feverishly for six months or so, and then I'd burn myself out and do nothing for years. When I finally gave up and allowed myself to just "be" and enjoy who I was, where I was, then I could finally have the cajones to treat myself well. You can't hate your body; it's the only one you have. Love it now, and love it later. When you do your best with it, love what you can do! You'll get stronger, but give yourself time to get there.

I'm not ready to cheat yet, but I know if I do it won't be the end of the world. I really don't miss the sweets (big ex-carbo addict, me).

Today's menu (so far):

Breakfast: Curves vanilla shake w/1tbsp almond butter

Snack: 1c. 1% cottage cheese

Lunch: 6oz chicken w/reduced fat provolone, 1/4 c. spaghetti sauce, 1slice bran bread and 1 c. mixed veg

Snack: 24 almonds

Dinner: Chicken stir fry (1 tbsp oil), 2c. mixed veg, 1 slc bran bread w/ 1.5 tsp of Smart Balance butter.

After dinner snack: Two clementine oranges and 6 almonds

ETA: Exercised 30 minutes today (circuit training/aerobics combo)

Reactions: sassafras
i don't want to derail this thread but you guys should totally share some tasty low fat/diet recipes! Maybe in another thread. i'm not dieting but I do want to eat a bit healthier.

i don't want to derail this thread but you guys should totally share some tasty low fat/diet recipes! Maybe in another thread. i'm not dieting but I do want to eat a bit healthier.

Great idea!! If no one gets to it before I get to a computer I'll post it!

I might do that after this week - right now, my recipes are pretty much limited by what's in my plan, but the third week I can experiment a little more with some of the recipes. I may add them here, because some seem quite tasty.

For me, though, spices are the key. Chinese five spice and curry are fantastic stir fry additives - and for kick, add a bit of cayenne.

Quick report: Last week, for lunch, i substituted a cold sub and orange juice instead of a usually warm, greasy sub and soda. So, that's a win for me, for now. :smile:

I am beat up! We cleaned out the garage yesterday (still full from our move in august) and I am hurtin. Every muscle is sore today. So I only did some stretches this morning. I am gonna try to either go for a walk today, or spend some time on the treadmill.

Todays Goals

Exercise: Light 30 minutes on the treadmill.

Diet:

Pre breakfast snack:
Apple and Cashews

Breakfast:

Egg white omelet with turkey spinach and provolone

Lunch:
Turkey sandwich on whole wheat with spinach and provolone.

Snack:
Veggies

Dinner:
Most likely ham and bean soup...(not very healthy at all, but I will substitute salad for most of my meal)

After dinner snack
Apple and cashews

Can't seem to edit my post anymore so here's a new one.

Sunday:
Did 30 minutes on treadmill, plus approximately 20 minutes of weight training, including assisted pull-ups.

Diet: Still working on my plan, which I desperately need.

We grilled hot dogs last night. I know, I know, what a big ole plate full of processed carcinogens. Yeesh. Still, I love grilling over charcoal, and it was so much fun! We all lit sticks on fire from the coals and had a swordfight with flaming sticks. Plus, the ashes are great for my compost. However, between the generally crappy eating happening at my house, and the lax attitude toward fire safety with young children, I fully expect to have DFCS arrive at any moment to cart me away.

However, we did have homemade light coleslaw and sliced tomatoes, so I am managing to work in some vegetables to supplement the carcinogens.

Today I plan to make whole wheat vegetable lasagna so as to have something reasonably healthy on hand to eat for the next few days, accompanied by salads or those reliable standbys -- frozen veggies. I plan to spend some time today pre-chopping vegetables, and I'll roast a chicken too, to have cooked chicken on hand to top salads, etc.