The Forum Goal & Fitness Club - Week One | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

The Forum Goal & Fitness Club - Week One

Okaaay... here's my first pic I've ever posted on this forum. lol... what a first.

Actually, I gotta say, that's pretty hawt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wyst
I drooled for a moment...I didn't want to embarrass him by stating so...but I will state it now that the initial shock has worn off.

The initial shock may have worn off....but I'm still drooling.

What is Clean Eating?

Ok so I've gotten a few requests to give some tips on what I've learned over the past couple years on dieting and eating clean.

What is clean eating? Simply put, it's eating nutrious foods as close to how they naturally appear out in the world. The main pieces of nutrition are: protein, fat, and carbohydrate.

Note: I'm a little more strict in my interpretation of what is considered clean eating. For example some people might say, 'I'm going to give up Doritos. Instead I'm going to eat whole wheat Wheat Thins!'. I'd say this is a very sad substitution. True the fat content may be lower but if your goal is to get whole grains, the grains youre actually getting has been through many mechanical processes and has been greatly altered to be reach the form and flavor that exists in those crackers.

So, in summary.. If you want to eat clean and you're trying to decide if something is within the relam of clean, ask yourself if it's been through a mechanical process (or multiple processes). If it has, don't eat it. (I don't consider canning to be a strike against tuna or beans but I wouldn't eat my veggies canned. Eat foods in their most natural form.

Here are examples of good (clean) proteins, fats, and carbohydrates:

Proteins
Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
Tuna (water packed), or White Meat Chicken (water packed)
Fish (tilapia, cod, halibut, and on occasion salmon and sea bass)
Shrimp
Extra Lean Ground Beef or Ground Round (92-96%)
Buffalo steak (lean)
Protein Powder (lactose free)
Egg Whites or Eggs
Rib eye Steaks or Roast
Top Round Steaks or Roast (aka Stew Meat, London Broil, Stir Fry)
Top Sirloin (aka Sirloin Top Butt)
Beef Tenderloin (aka Filet, Filet Mignon)
Top Loin (NY Strip Steak)
Flank Steak (Sir Fry, Fajita)
Eye of Round (Cube Meat, Stew Meat, Bottom Round , 96% Lean Ground Round)
Extra Lean Ground turkey, Turkey Breast Slices or cutlets (fresh meat, not deli cuts)

Healthy Fats
Natural Style or Organic Peanut Butter, even better, Peanut Wonder (Whole Foods Market)
Olive Oil or Safflower Oil
Nuts (peanuts, almonds)
Flaxseed Oil
Avocado

Carbs (Complex, Fibrous Green veggies, and Fruits)

Complex Carbs
  • Oatmeal (Old Fashioned or Quick Oats)
  • Sweet Potatoes (Yams)
  • Beans (pinto, black, kidney)
  • Oat Bran Cereal (watch sugar, less than 6 grams)
  • Brown Rice
  • Ezekiel Bread (frozen healthy section of Kroger’s or Whole Foods)
  • Rice (jasmine, basmati, Arborio, wild, brown)
  • Potatoes (red, baking, new)
  • lo-carb breads/tortillas
Fibrous Carbs & Vegetables (Fresh first, frozen second, canned last choice)
  • Green Leafy Lettuce (Green Leaf, Red, Leaf, Romaine)/Bagged Salad
  • Broccoli
  • Asparagus
  • String Beans
  • Black Beans
  • Spinach
  • Bell Peppers
  • Brussels Sprouts
  • Cauliflower
  • Celery
  • Mushrooms
  • Pickles
  • Cabbage
  • Sprouts
  • Cucumber
  • Green or Red Pepper
  • Onions
  • Garlic
  • Tomatoes
  • Zucchini
  • Squash
  • Spaghetti Squash (my fav)
  • Pumpkin
Fruit
  • Berries (blueberries and raspberries)
  • Lemons or Limes
  • Melons (not watermelon)
  • Grapefruit
  • Apples
  • Dates
  • Grapes
  • Oranges
  • Eat bananas, strawberries, peaches or plums sparingly (lots of natural sugar)
  • No dried fruits, including raisins (loaded with sugar)
That's the nuts and bolts of what's there's also dairy but... because dairy is milk-based, it's going to have sugar in it - something you want to avoid. So, dairy is ok but very sparingly and I would not make it customary to have dairy daily with perhaps the exception of Fat Free Cottage Cheese.

Dairy
Low-fat or Fat-free cottage cheese
Eggs
Low or Non-Fat Milk (eat dairy only occasionally)
Non-fat yogurt (look for low sugar only)
Fat free String Cheese
Fat free Cream Cheese

Things like vinegar, salsa, spices, herb, soy sauce, reduced-sodium canned tomatos, tomatos sauces and pastes are ok.

Things to keep in mind regarding staying on track with your diet:
  • If you buy it, if it's in your house.... you WILL eventually eat it. Clean out your kitchen, fridge, and pantry of items that you've put on the blacklist.
  • Don't go shopping when you're hungry. That ice cream, the cookies, chips and other evil foods will look VERY good to you when you're hungry. Plus you'll buy less when you grocery shop on a full stomach.
  • Shop around the edge of the grocery store - not the middle. Notice how the produce, whole grains, and meats are generally around the edge of the store? When you find yourself straying towards the isles, you're getting dangerously close to the cookie isle, candy idle, breakfast cereal isle...
Ok, this is already a mammoth post.
I'll post my ideas in chunks so it's not to overwhelming. More to come later on "I must have my ____ and can't give it up! What can I eat instead?"

Last edited:
Reactions: sassafras

Agreed! And now I'm NOT posting any before and after pictures.

I did really well yesterday by accomplishing all my mini goals.

Todays list is:

Plenty of water: at least 8 glasses
Workout for 45 minutes: yay Pilates workout DVD. :D
Spend an hour outside being active.
Eat 3 square meals a day and healthy snacks.
1500 calories, or less.

I'm doing this to feel better in general. I've spent to long focusing on other peoples needs and neglecting myself in the process. Its time for a fresh new start. :D

Good LUCK everyone!!!! <3

Reactions: NeverAmI
:m194:

I hope I'm not the only one who's posting a their before picture....

You set the bar pretty high Wyst.
But you definitely need to post an after picture. Hopefully wearing leather pants.... ;)

I should have googled for a picture of a 255lb dude and posted that first and then eased into what I'm like now. TDHT, from what few pictures I've seen, is pretty fit and could totally smoke me in picture contest.

Last edited:
I've decided to take down the picture I posted. I've removed it from my post and asked TDHT to remove it from her post where she quoted me as well because this is everyone's thread and I don't want it to get derailed because of a picture of me taken 4 months ago.

I want everyone to feel free to post their pics if they want and about their plans, progress and ideas/questions and not be intimidated by me or others being further along and setting the bar high, which was certainly my intention.

If you are curious about my progress, you can check my personal blog/thread on the forum for update pics.

Now I feel like I've intimidated Wyst and made him uncomfortable....... :(

Honestly, I am in such a shape that 21 days of exercise and diet control isn't going to produce any significant physical changes. I'm going to need a gym membership and 4-6 months at least (which I do not have the money for at this time). So there isn't much point to me posting before and after pics of me.

Reactions: Wyst
right so...over the next 21 days i plan to

1. cut out processed foods,snacking and avoid white bread completely
  2. exercise 30-50 minutes 4 days a week
  3. improve my daily routine by having a more structured plan
  4. eat at least 5 portions of fruit/veg a day
i feel the need to do this to reduce recently piled on pounds, i want to reduce the risk of burn out before exams, i need to keep up my energy and feel eating well will help with this.

today was successful,i walked briskly for about an hour and avoided processed foods while uping my fruit intake.

will be having an evening off on the 24th as my friend is having a do planned ages ago but apart from that i hope to keep to my goals.

My Plan

Work Out Routine
Every day
- hour a day on the treading the mill.
- 100 crunches
- 100 throw-downs
- 100 of some weights repetition

Diet
- Fruit and veggies as much as I want
- Special vitamin heavy milk
- One 1/2 cup splurge of something not the above
- Absolutely no candy or soda
- Extra Water maybe vitamin waters too

Reactions: sassafras
Why do I want to accomplish this/these goal(s)?
Vanity, mostly. Being able to wear whatever I want and looking good in a bikini always gives me a boost of self-confidence.

What will happen if I give up half-way?
I'll have to wear my ratty old one-piece in the summer time
I'll feel self-conscious about my pouty tummy.
I'll be pretty damn disappointed in myself for giving up!

What will happen if I carry my goals to completion?
Increase in self-confidence.
Building up another reference of personal success; know I can step up to the next challenge!
New wardrobe!

So, here's Day #1
I was a little bit under the weather today with my allergies, which is why I was a bit slack on drinking my water and my work out. But I stuck to my meal plan rigidly

Meal One:
  • 2 Scrambled Eggs (no butter or cooking oil)
  • 1 slice of whole grain toast
  • 1 cup of cooked spinach

Snack
  • Pear
  • Liquid Psyllium Supplement (I need to replace my orange for plain; 9 grams of sugar was a bit much)

Meal Two:
  • 1 extra large bowl of Lentil Soup
  • 3 slices of lean smoked turkey, nitrate-free
Snack
  • A handful of raspberries
  • 1/4 of Designer Whey Protein Bar in Chocolate

Meal 3:
  • Home made tomato meat sauce with chunks of green and red peppers and onions (kinda eyeballed this one)
  • 1 cup of whole grain spaghetti
  • The rest of that cooked spinach

Snack:
  • 1/2 diced cucumber
  • 1/2 cup of cottage cheese
  • 6 almonds

And right now I'm about to sit down with my absolute favourite part of the day: Raspberry Herbal Tea. Yum, yum, yum.

Work Out:

Forty-five minute walk on the treadmill (because running with a stuffy nose ain't fun)
Twenty minutes of my aerobic weight-training video (challenge #5) with Jillian Michaels :)

Last edited:
So there we have it! Day One has come and gone, and I bet you guys are feeling awesome for being so good and for starting on this journey. Let's just make sure we're going to keep that excitement going all the way through.

That's why tomorrow, I want you guys to meditate on the following question:

What can I do that will personally ensure that I maintain this same level of excitement and motivation over the next twenty days? What gets my engines gunning every time?

Note: We're still curious about how things have gone for everyone. It seems like not everyone who said they would participate has posted their results today. Come on, folks! Let's stay accountable :)

Last edited:
For myself. For my future health and strength. Possibly because I also want to go backpacking again, in the summer or early autumn. To be less self-conscious about myself. To be proud to be me. :D

Nothing. I'm going to get back on that horse and not beat myself up for being tired.

Positive things. It may take a while, but I want the energy to do more than I have been and I'm tired of asthma kicking my butt when the weather's bad. Also, I'd like to get back into running. I liked running, and I liked the running club I was part of ages ago.

Goals for the next week.

To work the plan, step by step, and not have any worries about what is/isn't happening with the scale. I'm eating well and exercising; and that's more than I have been doing.

Food log today

Breakfast: Curves protein shake w/1 tbsp almond butter (skim milk)

Snack: Two light/low-fat string cheese sticks and 10 TLC Kashi mini-crackers

Lunch: Two taco bell fresco crunchy tacos (they're on the plan! Really!) and 12 almonds

Snack (see above snack)

Dinner: Salad (romaine & spinach) with 8 small olives, and 1/4 c. reduced fat feta cheese, and 3 brussels sprouts; 1 cup grapes; 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese. And three almonds (snuck them in).

Total calorie count: 1587

Did I exercise today?: No. Thursdays and Sundays are currently my off-days. But I walked about 20 minutes today.

Day 1
Lessee today I ate..
A bunch of strawberries
Craisins
A cup of pineapple
2 apples
2 Bananas
1/2 cup of spicy rice
1 Fruit drink
1/2 cup of gooseberries
3 quarts of my special vitamin milk
And so much water I couldn't really keep track :)

For my work out

1 hour treadmill in the morning
Then I benched 100 reps of 108
A few hours later I did my 100 throw downs and 100 crunches
then I did another half hour on the treadmill in the evening.

This has nothing to do with vanity like it does for TDHT, ENTPs are never vain. *grins* Anyway, I have a choice to between being fat and lazy, or being fit and epic. And I like any side with epic on it.

Absolutely nothing. And for me, that is unacceptable.

Then I will set another goal, for this, or something else.

-Weight loss
-Physical health
-Mental health
-More energy
-Dicipline
I may falter, but I will get up and walk it off. I dont plan on giving up!
I will gain a sense of accomplishment.

Goals-

AM workout WII Fit Plus - Program
Distance Run
Rhythm Boxing
Lunge Ten reps per leg
DONE

PM work out
20 mins on the treadmill {FAIL} (I walked for an hour in the morning waiting for the parmacy to open...so I figure I'm good...)

Meal Goals -
Breakfast
Plain oatmeal with Applesauce
Small slice of ham (for protein)
DONE

Lunch:
Spinach salad with Cottage cheese, turkey, and broccoli.
Bananna
DONE

Dinner (I have to feed 7 people so my dinners will not sound as healthy as they should be, but I do my best)
Made from scratch Marinara
WHole wheat Semolina Spagetti noodles
Turkey meatballs (also made from scratch) {FAIL} (had to go with something else cuz the store was out of fresh basil...*grumble* So it was Brown rice chicken casserole with fresh veggies)

Small spinach salad with a little EVOO and Apple cider vinegar

Im bad...I had a nature valley fruit and nut bar for a snack...It was chock full of sugar...but it has 6 grams of protein, and I was shaky...

No soda, No sweets, I had two glasses of wine, one white Riesling, and one red Shiraz...

I felt hungry all day, like my meals were not satisfying at all...I kept craving fat and protein...BIG time...Suggestions?

Edit: I am pooped...energy is all sucked out of me...Need more...

Last edited:
Today was good with regard to diet!
Said 'HELL NO!' to powdered doughnuts that were on the filing cabinets at work. Probably walked past them at least 2 dozen times throughout the course of the day. Grrrrr!!

Breakfast:
Two scoops of whey and some cream

Snack
Two scoops of whey and some cream

Lunch
Two cups of broccoli puree soup
1 cup of cottage cheese w/cinnamon and splenda (YUM!)

Snack
Two scoops of whey (no cream)

Dinner
2 tbsp of natural peanut butter
4 oz. pork roast

Midnight snack
3 oz. chicken breast
1 tbsp peanut butter

No circuit training today. I did it yesterday and today was my rest day.
Tomorrow I'm going to see my chiropractor. Really want my back pain to go away.

What can I do that will personally ensure that I maintain this same level of excitement and motivation over the next twenty days? What gets my engines gunning every time?

Hummmm... looking at my before picture and not wanting to return to that is plenty motivation. I should look at it when I get up every morning.
Good music when I'm doing my circuit, and prepared meals for work keeps me focused and on track!

I will end up looking like my before picture. DO NOT WANT!

Hmm, maybe I'll get a date? I don't know. I'll buy myself something nice. Like some socks for work. Seriously though, I'd like to eventually run a 10k. This could be the beginning stages of prepping myself for it.

[gush] I am so proud of myself...I had a crap ton of errands to run, and i didnt take my pills early enough to eat. (I Am starving as soon as I wake and I have to wait an hour after my pills to eat) So I had to go to the grocery store Starving, but only stayed in the produce and dairy area. Normally I would have grabbed something to snack on...And normally I would have grabbed a quick and sick breakfast to scarf while I was running all over town...TODAY..I did not...I looked at what I had in my bags I said...I have apples...and I have raw cashews...I have breakfast, or a snack at least! I ate the apple and the nuts and felt fine...satisfied even...Now Apples and cashews are gonna be a fave I think :D[/gush]

Todays Goals:

Excersize: Walk 20 minutes DONE: walked 60 mins.

Meals

Pre breakfast snack:
Apple, and about 30 cashews. Done

Breakfast:
Egg white sandwich on whole wheat bread with Provolone and spinach. A banana. Done

Snack: Cottage cheese with Salt and pepper

Lunch:
Turkey sandwich on whole wheat with provolone and spinach

Snack:
Apple

Dinner:
Made from scratch Marinara
WHole wheat Semolina Spagetti noodles
Turkey meatballs (also made from scratch)