Talking on the Phone | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Talking on the Phone

LOL wow. I AVOID phone conversation at all cost. I've lost many friends this way because they failed to understand, BUT it's who I am. I'm not afraid of phone convo, I just don't like it, it's that simple.

Funny thing... when my husband first met me, he asked for my email (and not my phone #) If he would of asked for my number, I probably wouldn't have given it! HAHA

LOL wow. I AVOID phone conversation at all cost. I've lost many friends this way because they failed to understand, BUT it's who I am. I'm not afraid of phone convo, I just don't like it, it's that simple.

Funny thing... when my husband first met me, he asked for my email (and not my phone #) If he would of asked for my number, I probably wouldn't have given it! HAHA

So what do you prefer then, IM, texting or email?

I dislike people phoning me because I don't get to think what I'm saying through where I have the chance with IM or texting, alot of my convo has silence and not listening properly. Alot of friendships fizzle out because of it too lol. Damn people and not using MSN much anymore.

I like to talk on the phone. I will do instant messaging, and email here and there, but I don't like texting...I will try and send text via-AOL instant messenger if I can. I just like being able to hear a voice, a tone of voice, an emotion. It's more human.

I don't like talking on the phone at all. I find it gets somewhat awkward after a while as I struggle to keep the flow of the conversation going. It's probably because I rely alot on my visuals to get the complete picture of what a person is thinking and if I can't draw my conclusions satisfyingly I go insane. Most of my communication comes from reading people and with an element of my senses wiped from the picture I feel slightly blinded. I'm not scared of talking on the phone though, I just find it tiring.

But I like txt because then I have the chance to think about my reply. Plus it makes a small conversation go a long way when I'm bored :)

I cringe whenever I hear the phone ring and I hope someone else will answer it.

I used to be the same way. Then my dad started getting on my case all the time about not being grown up enough to answer the phone and such, so I got over it. Now I just have a slight irritation when I have to leave a message on an answering machine. :p

I am the EXACT same way. If I have never met the person on the other end of the line more then like 4 times I feel very unconfortable talking to them, and will avoid it as much as I can.

Me three. I avoid talking on the phone, even with friends.

I think I have a mild social anxiety or something because calling people I dont know to organise or enquire about stuff actually scares the shit out of me. Like, genuine fear.

At one point in time, probably junior high, I adored talking on the phone. I suppose that's when I was more extroverted, and closer to everyone. Nowawdays I only enjoy talking on the phone to a few people.

I'm better with it now, because I put on my "finishing school" type air, and suck it up, but I still dislike calling people I don't know well, or for making appointments and having to talk to strangers...yeah. It's alright, I guess. I haven't had a really satisfying phone convo in a while, though.

Oh I hate phones.. :m035: When the phone is ringing I will do anything to make somebody else pick it up! And when I'm alone.. I might not pick it up. I always say stupid things and I sound all weird over the phone, and then I don't know what to say and.. aah! Even thinking about it makes me heart beat faster! I don't even like to call people I know. Oh no, when someone calls me I will answer in an email or text message.

I hate when you cut into each other's sentences. Then you keep stopping and starting and then there are these little moments of silence then you think "Okay coast is clear, I can slip in a sentence". Then you start to talk then the other person talks, then you stop again. Sometimes you just keep talking over them, then they do the same and both your voices get louder but then the person who wins that little match is considered a prick by the receiving person, then they go quiet when you need them to speak then- blaaaaah!!!

I am not a phone person. Which is odd because when I was a preteen I'd talk for hours on end. I tend to.. giggle a lot. And I have a robot voice.

I've never had a problem with the phone, so much. But I'm starting to loathe it. It's my job. I work in customer service. And I'm a supervisor. Blegh!

Quick fun story: Last week sometime I realized that I had just reached 1000 escalations for the year. (Escalation = me talking to a customer, instead of the regular phone rep talking to the customer.) So to "celebrate" I wrote my INFJ custom text on a piece of paper and stuck it on top of my monitor! :D

I avoid talking on the phone when I have to. I prefer talking in person or texting or emails. If I'm in the mood I will call someone to catch up but that's rare.

I don't like talking on the phone. I prefer text messages, emails and instant messaging. That's why I don't usually call anyone but send a text message... Talking in person is much better than on the phone, though.

I'm not actually sure why I don't like phone calls... Maybe it's just that it makes me feel uncomfortable because I only hear someone's voice over there but don't see their face expressions while they are talking... dunno. :eek:hwell: